2011 Camaro LS3 6 speed vs LS1 Trans Am 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969
Wow way to bash on a nice car. LOL

Somebody is butt hurt.
That's what happens when nobody gives a **** about your car anymore and you still need attention. People who try to tell me stock LS1's are just as fast as a stock LS3 5th gen make me lmao.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisUlrich
Has anyone driven both? Can anyone tell me what the MAIN differences are when driving them?

I might be purchasing a 2011 Camaro and i'm curious to know what it's like! I am going to test drive it of course, but I was hoping to have some others input as well!
Ok, I admit Im not a fan of the 5th Gen but I have the answer to your question on what is the MAIN difference when driving them.

The answer is your wallet thickness, you can pick up a TA for half the cost or far less than what that new Camaro is going to cost you. Don't forget the extra costs in finance charges and car insurance as well. Now are you going to have the latest and greatest out? no but if your willing to make sacrifies in ride quality and perhaps reliablity at some point you will have far more money in your wallet and bank account with that TA. That TA will hold its value quite well now that its depreciated so much. If your not in a position to put down a large chunk of change for that new Camaro, still living with mom & pop or looking to own a home if you do not already, your best bet is to let others eat the depreciation of that new car and buy older and cheaper. Check Craigslist and you will see dealers listing quite a few used 2010s at 30k, these were the ones optioned out and selling for $38k and loaded with options most folks want like moonroof. A 7 grand drop after one year is ok for some, not ok for others. If your truly planning to keep the car, buying new is not that bad but you have to hold on to it to reap the rewards. With this economy, make sure you truly can afford that new car payment because so many think they can and it winds up catching up to them. Good luck in your search either way.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark SS
That's what happens when nobody gives a **** about your car anymore and you still need attention. People who try to tell me stock LS1's are just as fast as a stock LS3 5th gen make me lmao.
they are if you pick up the 5th gen from the dealer and still has 87 octane in it(which about 50% if the dealers do) and not broken in yet

Quick Reply: 2011 Camaro LS3 6 speed vs LS1 Trans Am 6 speed