Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt on SS vs Bolt On 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock for stock the stang is just easier to launch at a strip, and seem to run a tad faster in the 1/4 on avg. on the street the camaro has bit better top end and it really comes down to who can drive better. I like both cars and both are a win, I love camaros and would never buy a stang and really.... who keeps these cars stock anyway! I cant even get a 5.0 to play on the street anymore once the hear my cam! I had a cobra back down yesterday, we both punched it from a roll in first and I pulled right of the hit spinning... then he didnt want to play anymore! LMAO
Old 05-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Both cars are great. I like both and don't discriminate against many American muscle car.

All American companies right now are hitting home runs on their designs of body, motors, interiors, build quality with the muscle cars.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BadAzzStang
Both cars are great. I like both and don't discriminate against many American muscle car.

All American companies right now are hitting home runs on their designs of body, motors, interiors, build quality with the muscle cars.
Ya I agree, I actually really like mustangs! Personally I am a die hard GM guy and thats all I will ever drive be it new or old, but I respect the fords and mopars, healthy compition... these cars have come a long way. I love not keeping a full tool bag in my trunk as well. LOL
Old 05-30-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol im the same way i will never buy a ford but they are doing good. Dodge could pick it up a good bit though. Their new cars are too damn heavy iits like theyre tryin to build tanks not cars. Which that goes for the camaros too just not as bad as dodge has done. But still alot of good cars out there but id pick the camaro every time
Old 05-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Teching In

definitely everyone has there own taste in looks. Some people hate the mustang some love it. Same with the camaro some love it some hate it. I have had and race over 6 mustangs and i would never blanketly say that GM sucks or they are no good because of X, Y, Z. There are weak links in every platform. 4th gens were rear ends, sn95's were underpowered motors besides terminator, 5th gens are weight, coyotes are weak manual transmissions (13 is supposedly fixing the problem.)

I do like that the 5th gen and s197 and 2010's stopped using cheap as interiors like the earlier generations of both cars.

Both are awesome! I would give it to the mustangs recaros for track. They are supportive and awesome looking.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will give you this those cobra seats are sexy. R.I.P. carrol shelby your innovation will be missed
Old 05-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Teching In

yeah the recaros are awesome, and they are now available in the v6 as well
Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would love to get some that are made for the v6 bc im sure they dont have the cobra on em and find a way to cram em into my car. My company commander has a new gt500 and its been a while since he drove it since its been nice hes been drivin thhe bike but im thinking his might have these seats but i might be wrong. Idk when theystarted using those seats. I dont know very much about fords interior options lol never pay too much attention to em
Old 05-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Teching In

they started the recaros in 11. The have them with the cobra, boss 302, ford racing and just recaro on them depending on what model you get and where you get them. In leather and cloth as well

These are the ones in the GT

The Boss 302

Laguna Seca 302

Ford Racing

Old 05-30-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah his probably have them then his is a 2012. Im gonna have to sit in it next time he drives it those things look so damn comfortable. Bbut i will say that even though the zl1 seats in the camaro dont look like as much of a race seat like the stangs do they are comfortable as hell. Id be scared id fall asleep driving lol
Old 05-30-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

im not surprised the camaro took it in the OP video, because the new 5.0 wasnt made to roll race. from 45 on up and worse past 60, the new 5.0 just doesnt roll race well. but from a dig its a monster and would have destroyed that camaro. friend of mine has a 2011 just like mine buts its tune and x pipe and went 11.98 at the track, was stunned. i love my new 5.0 but hate the poor role racing. raced a buddys nitrous mach1 and would beat him from digs all day but from 45 rolls hed put 3 lengths on me id never get back lol.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just for ***** and giggles not trying to stir **** up
Old 05-30-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by US_Army_Z28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH53T83GcXU

Just for ***** and giggles not trying to stir **** up
again like i said above,, not a roll racer. besides roll racing is just speeding together

and then this, gto had a huge advantage with the mustang not paying attention for some reason and still lost.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Heres another one whichh makes the video i posted earlier hard to believe bbe
cause it claims that was a stock gto vs a stock 5.0 yet in this vid its a stock 5.0 vs a ligghht modded gto and its another roll race but watch what happens
Old 05-30-2012, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ohh and both the gto from earlier and this one are 06's
Old 05-30-2012, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by US_Army_Z28
Heres another one whichh makes the video i posted earlier hard to believe bbe
cause it claims that was a stock gto vs a stock 5.0 yet in this vid its a stock 5.0 vs a ligghht modded gto and its another roll race but watch what happens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH53T83GcXU
lol, dude what have i been saying the past two posts? the new 5.0 isnt a great roll racer. watch what happens from the dig. im not trying to compete with you man the gto was a nice car. but these new 5.0 motors are very solid and dont take much to get fast. my buddys that went 11.98 at the track just had a tune and a x pipe. no gto i know can do that on an x pipe and tune. although put em in a roll race the gto could prob take it. not trying to be "that mustang guy" here to rattle the beehive i used to have an 01' ss and that was my only car for awhile.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

btw noticed your army. im military as well although not army, im an E5 in the navy down here in jax. always good to see other military members
Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nah im not trying to compete i was just saying the second vid made the first one i posteda little hard to believe bc the first vid claims it was stock vs stock and the gto won yet the second vid is a stock 5.0 vs a modded gto and the 5.0 won every single time that was the only reason i posted that one i was questioning the first vid i posted lol. But yeah always good to see the other military members on here the military hot rod club section is always either dead or guys complaining about getting the green weenie like its world news lol i feel for people when it happens but its funny when they act shocked that it did
Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

But no deff wasnt trying to compete with you i just was honestly questioning the video i posted first. I have roll raced a new 5.0 in my stock z28 and got away from it but from a stand still i got destroyed. So no question its a mean *** car and doesnt take any effort to make them insanely fast and just flat out 1/4mi Beasts
Old 07-14-2012, 03:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

think ford really messed up the mustang with the body. I really loved the 05-09 Mustangs. It would be interesting to see a 05-09 GT with a 5.0 and 6speed conversion in it. The little 4.6 was a joke. I love the 05-09 body style so much. I almost bought one before my friend talked me out of it and I got a 98 Z28 for $8k pristine condition with 110k miles. I couldn't be happier with my Camaro. My friend has a 2010 Camaro SS (technically a 09 because he got it 10/09). LS3. That thing is a beast. All he has done to it is SLP LM axle back exhaust. When spring rolls around he'll have the Edelbrock supercharger . I've driven his Camaro a few times and the way it drives and rides is incomparable to that of a mustang. The camaro has a very stiff ride, it absorbs bumps and potholes extremely well. The G's you can pull in it are incredible. we have a loop freeway ramp two lanes wide. We've done 85mph around it staying inside the inside lane with no tire squeal or loss of traction what so ever. two things I would recommend would be drop the LS9 in the Camaro and cut 400lbs out of it.

6.2>5.0 any day.... I wish dodge would give the new 392 SRT8 a diet haha it might be able to be part of this discussion.

Quick Reply: Bolt on SS vs Bolt On 5.0