Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

1st 2010 Camaro SS with Techco's 3.0 liter Twin Screw blower

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gectek
how can they post numbers when the only one installed in the pic is on a dodge product....LOL

yah its technically FAIL....

that is all
ummm.... maybe because they have them on a few vettes already. So its a fail huh? ok.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tomsws6
9k?? wow
It's $8,500 including installation and tuning.

Originally Posted by gectek
how can they post numbers when the only one installed in the pic is on a dodge product....LOL

yah its technically FAIL....

that is all
GEEKtek= FAIL

The Techco will be THE blower to beat for the new Camaro and G8.

I will personally be reminding people of this next year when I'm proven to be correct.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

For that price somebody could build a crazy turbo setup.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 427C5
It's $8,500 including installation and tuning.

GEEKtek= FAIL

The Techco will be THE blower to beat for the new Camaro and G8.

I will personally be reminding people of this next year when I'm proven to be correct.
Oh puleeeeezzzeeee you think you are so innovative with your geek tek BS. wow, if i had a dollar for everytime someone got offended or put in their place and used that term, i would have enough to buy 2 maggies and blow the techco away anyway with 3 wheels and a blown intercooler.

The TVS (read maggie) is the ONLY PROVEN "blower" for the Camaro/G8. Seeing as how techco has to actually produce DICK on their website, or any forum that is not trolled up by you that is.

You need to go back to the drawing board with your unoriginal nutswinging *** and see where your mom and dad went wrong.

and i was wrong at least

and GTO....its not that they dont have them on a car, its that its NOT on a camaro like the thread says and then C5nutswinger comes on and touts its the ONE TO BEAT. its def the ONE alright....the one TO BE SEEN, like the weiand intake.

remember, just because its done doesnt mean its right. the maggies have made more power from what i have seen and heard personally and online. just like i keep posting....IF it turns in reverse then it CANNOT be called a TVS. it is just a roots blower.

its techco = techfail.....my apologies
Old 06-25-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
I think you have the wrong idea. When they say "Reverse revolution", they dont mean the screws just turn the opposite way, thereby pulling air into the middle of the lobes and pushing it top the outside of the case. Their twin screw works the same as every twin screw in that it compresses the air down the screws. However, what is "reverse" is that the air isnt being sucked in the back, compressed towards the front, and blown out the bottom into the intercooler. The air is being sucked into the front, compressed as it moves towards the back of the case, and gets blown upwards into the intercooler.

Do you follow me?

As far as not having the potential of a TVS or twin screw, that would be incorrect due to the above explanation. Twin screws are extremely efficient, with a lot of potential with this being a large 3 liter unit.

As to why it needs a long runner, it is the same principle as without the super-charger. Longer runners make more torque than shorter runners, regardless of whether the air is moving at normal atmospheric pressure or under 15lbs of boost. It also affects "pressure wave tuning", which is a bit complicated but refers to the "high pressure---low pressure----high pressure" pattern of the air moving inside the runner. This way, you have the runner meet the cylinder head port right in an area of "high pressure", so as to better fill the cylinder with the new air\fuel mixture.

Due to the intake manifold being on top of the blower, and the air coming from the blower up into the intercooler and then entering the runner, the runner is larger as it travels from the top of the setup all the way down to the bottom to the cylinder head's intake ports. With a traditional setup, the blower is on top of the intercooler, the air comes into the blower and pushes down into the intercooler. From there, it only has a short way to go in the runner from the intercooler exit to the cylinder head, which is right below it.

Does this help at all? If i made some errors or mistakes that anybody sees, please feel free to correct my mistakes as i dont want to spread false info, or God forbid.... create more interwebs myth and dogma.

im not sure you are getting what i meant either. you are over analyzing and not reading what is written
Old 06-25-2009, 05:01 PM
8 Second Club

The Techco will be THE blower to beat for the new Camaro and G8.[/B]

Dude, WTF????? I have read a bunch of your posts in regards to these superchargers, and you want to dismiss anything but these special Techno blow jobs that are not really proven yet??? Yeah I know, they made xxx hp on the dyno, so what? What if they have a bearing supplier issue and end up being total piece's of crap in THIS application? Not some Hemi crap or some old POS Salleen?
What is your motive here? Are you that mesmerized by their You Tube videos of their facilities? Do you sleep with the CEO?
It is ok to be believe in a product, but to come on here a say this thing is going to be the end all blower is gay.....
I like your last part of the quote above, that is a pretty bold statement for someone that does not even have it yet, probably don't have the car yet either.
A lot can happen in a year.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

his motive is clear....we all know it
Old 06-25-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Well, i have no motive at all in this. What i can say is that assuming no issues come up like the hypothetical "Bearing supplier issue", and this blower is installed on a number of cars, these things will perform. Twin screw blowers are kick ***, pretty much the best of both worlds (roots and centri). Big bottom end with no fall off in top end. This blower is also plenty big to feed a 6.2L LS3 motor. Hell, big enough for a 7L actually. If this blower gets dropped on some forged motors and people turn up the boost, i have a feeling some huge numbers will be popping up both on the dyno and the tracks.

Just my 2 cents. I cant say for sure. What i do know is that alot of people have been wanting to see the twin screw applications for our cars (GM). there really isnt much support with our cars and twin screws. HOpefully this will change.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
Well, i have no motive at all in this. What i can say is that assuming no issues come up like the hypothetical "Bearing supplier issue", and this blower is installed on a number of cars, these things will perform. Twin screw blowers are kick ***, pretty much the best of both worlds (roots and centri). Big bottom end with no fall off in top end. This blower is also plenty big to feed a 6.2L LS3 motor. Hell, big enough for a 7L actually. If this blower gets dropped on some forged motors and people turn up the boost, i have a feeling some huge numbers will be popping up both on the dyno and the tracks.

Just my 2 cents. I cant say for sure. What i do know is that alot of people have been wanting to see the twin screw applications for our cars (GM). there really isnt much support with our cars and twin screws. HOpefully this will change.
Agreed. Just because 427C5 is swingin on Techco's nuts doesn't justify bashing their upcoming blower system. They obviously don't have any numbers on a Camaro installation to post up yet, so just give it some time. If all upcoming s/c manufacturer's for the 5th gen took some of your advice.....the "Maggie" would be the ONLY option. And one option is just not acceptable....I don't see how anyone could agree that it is. Options are always a good thing, and a 3 L twin screw is not something to sneeze at. Just my .02
Old 06-26-2009, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im only getting on to him because he is talking out of his *** about it. i have pointed out onnumerous occasions what the prob is with calling it a tvs or twin screw if it turns in reverse from a tvs(maggie) like they say, then he vehemently defends it and calls the maggie down saying it does not make the power when it does. nearly ANY FI system is going to add good power because of the way the new engines are designed.

Then he tries to insult mine AND nine ***** intelligence as well as a bunch of other people in a few threads about them. they are only on a few vehicles. Then i showed the exact tie in with the way these are designed and the way the edelbrocks are, and curiously enough they are in the same area....
Old 06-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Banned

I am glad to see TTC6 is here with a different name
Old 06-26-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

I'd say it's unprofessional to post in other manufacturer's threads,
but you're not a manufacturer. You guys just slap your name on Eaton products.

I hope you enjoyed your days of selling undersized and inefficient blowers to people who had
no other choices. An educated consumer will buy the Techco's twin screw and not your product.

You boys sure have a lot of mouth online.
Don't go away angry. Just go away.

Last edited by 427C5; 06-26-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn this is getting personal
Old 06-26-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MagnaCharger Rep
I am glad to see TTC6 is here with a different name
Who is TTC6 (i assume you are implying 427C5 is the same person) , and what is the story with this individual? You 2 have a lover's quarrel or something?

I hope you enjoyed your days of selling undersized and inefficient blowers to people who had no other choices. An educated consumer will buy the Techco's twin screw and not your product.

Wow....ZING!!! Care to share why you dislike them so much?
Old 06-27-2009, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I hope you enjoyed your days of selling undersized and inefficient blowers to people who had
no other choices. An educated consumer will buy the Techco's twin screw and not your product.

I'd say you sound like a twelve year old with a chip on his shoulder. Posts such as these do nothing to make people like the product. It actually makes me question whether or not it is even a product I should consider. I am educated, likely more than you are, but if I had to choose based on what I've seen and read so far you'd lose. Marketing isn't about making the other guy look bad, unless you really build a superior product, and so far you have provided no proof of this. Its just my take but I'd be willing to bet several others share this view. When you provide proof of a better product I will be more than glad to support you but until then you are just another wanna be in a pond of proven products. Have a good one and good luck.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I'd say you sound like a twelve year old with a chip on his shoulder. Posts such as these do nothing to make people like the product. It actually makes me question whether or not it is even a product I should consider. I am educated, likely more than you are, but if I had to choose based on what I've seen and read so far you'd lose. Marketing isn't about making the other guy look bad, unless you really build a superior product, and so far you have provided no proof of this. Its just my take but I'd be willing to bet several others share this view. When you provide proof of a better product I will be more than glad to support you but until then you are just another wanna be in a pond of proven products. Have a good one and good luck.
You're right. I'm not being professional. This is my HOBBY. I don't have to be professional when I discuss it.
I'm not marketing anything. I'm not even in the performance industry.
I don't care if you consider Techco or buy another inferior product.

If you can't see that the Techco unit for LSx cars is a superior design to the Eaton TVS, then you MAY not be as educated as you think

You ARE right about one thing. The chip on my shoulder. I've been working on that, and hi-po cars, since 1991.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
I'm going to have to see more before I am too convinced. I've seen the 510rwhp LS3 on 6psi, and the 548rwhp on 10psi. Maggies are doing that with a 2.3 instead of the 3.0 and are already known for their reliability as well. I look forward to results to see how this pans out and if it becomes a great long-lived competitor, but for now I don't see any advantage to their 2-3k more expensive 3.0 blower setup over a cheaper smaller Maggie making the same power.

I'm not making judgment just yet though as there aren't enough results to build an absolute opinion on, I look forward to future builds to see some results.
+1 on all of the above...
Old 06-27-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You're right. I'm not being professional. This is my HOBBY. I don't have to be professional when I discuss it.
I'm not marketing anything. I'm not even in the performance industry.
I don't care if you consider Techco or buy another inferior product.

If you can't see that the Techco unit for LSx cars is a superior design to the Eaton TVS, then you MAY not be as educated as you think

You ARE right about one thing. The chip on my shoulder. I've been working on that, and hi-po cars, since 1991.
I couldn't work on cars in 1991. I was in Iraq. But before that and after I've worked on a few. But you have all the answers and know everything so I'll get out of your little advertisement for a product you don't sell.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

I'll get out of your little advertisement for a product you don't sell.
Do you have a problem with reading comprehension?
I AM NOT IN THE AUTOMOTIVE PARTS OR LABOR INDUSTRY.

I couldn't work on cars in 1991. I was in Iraq.
Yeah?
You weren't the only one.
But, you might be the only one that publicly announces it in an attempt to gain empathy on a CAR forum.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension?
I AM NOT IN THE AUTOMOTIVE PARTS OR LABOR INDUSTRY.

Yeah?
You weren't the only one.
But, you might be the only one that publicly announces it in an attempt to gain empathy on a CAR forum.
Its called sarcasm. Maybe you should reread it and you might understand it. As far as empathy I don't need it and I damn sure wasn't looking for any just stating a fact. Have you gotten any numbers for this so called "god" blower on the new Camaro? If not maybe you should get busy instead of spewing more crap on a CAR forum.

Quick Reply: 1st 2010 Camaro SS with Techco's 3.0 liter Twin Screw blower