Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

1st 2010 Camaro SS with Techco's 3.0 liter Twin Screw blower

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 427C5
Do you have a problem with reading comprehension?
I AM NOT IN THE AUTOMOTIVE PARTS OR LABOR INDUSTRY.

Yeah?
You weren't the only one.
But, you might be the only one that publicly announces it in an attempt to gain empathy on a CAR forum.

Ok ok enough talk, post up some numbers and/or dyno graphs.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i came into this thread looking forward to seeing numbers from such a highly touted blower adn got a bunch of bullshit being tossed around. this thread is nothing without pictures on a CAMARO and videos and numbers from said CAMARO, in addition to some analysis and features/issues it may have.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Teching In

I'd say it's unprofessional to post in other manufacturer's threads,
but you're not a manufacturer. You guys just slap your name on Eaton products.

I hope you enjoyed your days of selling undersized and inefficient blowers to people who had
no other choices. An educated consumer will buy the Techco's twin screw and not your product.

You boys sure have a lot of mouth online.
Don't go away angry. Just go away.
Originally Posted by 427C5;11826078 [B
Do you have a problem with reading comprehension?[/B] I AM NOT IN THE AUTOMOTIVE PARTS OR LABOR INDUSTRY.
You make it very hard to understand.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Teching In

The blower pic is on a Challenger, the Camaro on the dyno has the stock manifold on it, and lastly the Techco blower is going to destroy the Maggie in power potential and effeciency.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

There is no meaningful information in this thread.
it is just a bunch of namecalling and nutswinging.
post pics of the blower on a Camaro and dyno graphs or lock this ****!
:soapb ox:
Old 07-01-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardcore Domestics
The blower pic is on a Challenger, the Camaro on the dyno has the stock manifold on it, and lastly the Techco blower is going to destroy the Maggie in power potential and effeciency.
We are waiting....
Old 07-02-2009, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

All I want to know is what the heck is "Font Induction"

This thing gonna suck up different sized and shaped letters?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Reckless
All I want to know is what the heck is "Font Induction"

This thing gonna suck up different sized and shaped letters?
The "Font Induction" is this thread, and it seems to be the only thing powering this mythical car that no one has seen.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TierAngst
The "Font Induction" is this thread, and it seems to be the only thing powering this mythical car that no one has seen.
this whole thread is bullshit, there is no Camaro with this blower on it,
no pics of this mythical Camaro, no dyno graph. Nothing
Just a lot of bullshit going back and forth.

Op,
where is the proof
proof or you're full of ****.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

The VERY FIRST words in this thread clearly shows a link to the Camaro5 thread detailing the progress of the 1st 2010 Camaro SS getting a Techco twin screw blower. I'll post it again for those who obviously missed it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27664

The owner posted the following at 2am EST.
Should be done sometime this month now. I have some pics of it in the car, but it is a very rough mock up
If you want more details, PM the owner or contact Techco directly.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

wow. Why are people getting all bent out of shape in this thread, saying **** like "dyno graphs or lock", calling it a "mythical blower", etc??

What dont some of you comprehend?? This is a new system for the camaro. They have a few blowers on vettes (go read the corvetteforum), have a few on mustangs, and on challengers\chargers. The results are great. I am sure they will be kick *** on the camaro as well.

What exactly is it that people are doubting....
- The performance?? Twin screws are awesome. Amazing low end, instant torque that holds all the way to red line. Just look at Kenne Bells, whipples, etc. They rock out.
- That these blowers exist?? They do. There are a few out already on mustangs, vettes' etc. They just started on the camaro, so give it time.
- The company and their rep?? Its a new company, but the guys were formally with i believe Saleen. They know what they are doing.
- The design?? The design is great. Long runners, large intercoolers, the intake is in the front so no need to bend a tube feeding into the back, making it hard to fit the blower.

Give the company time to sell more kits, and you will see your results. Jesus christ, some of you people act like retarded ********. "where are the graphs? I call bullshit. blah blah". Holy ****!! Perhaps not everyone who gets one posts on this website, or the net at all.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TierAngst

You are right. The car is "mythical". Because it hasnt been posted on ls1tech, it is a non-existant, mythical being, not unlike the unicorn.

Originally Posted by proporio
this whole thread is bullshit, there is no Camaro with this blower on it,
no pics of this mythical Camaro, no dyno graph. Nothing
Just a lot of bullshit going back and forth.

Op,
where is the proof
proof or you're full of ****.

Case in point about ******** getting worked up over nothing. You are right. there are no camaro's with this blower. This blower not only sucks and doesnt perform, but it also doesnt really exist. It both sucks and doesnt exist at the same time, thats how bad it sucks.

Perhaps the company is relatively new, havbe just started putting out their product, and in time more and more people will have them.what do you think of that? is that bullshit?

Do a search on the corvette forum. I believe there is 1 or 2 people there with this blower. There are a few guys on the stang boards with this blower. It performs. In fact, a 3L twin screw has a **** load of potential. Most guys with KB blowers or whipples on the vettes or stangs have 2L blowers up to 2.8L blowers. Those 2.8L blowers can get up to 1000rwhp. So what do you think about a 3L blower with a more direct airflow path (str8 into the front with no 180 degree bend tubing) and long runners, with larger intercoolers??
Old 07-02-2009, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

I think most people are upset because they thought they were going to see a camaro with a techco blower on it not that someone is going to be putting one on it. It would be like me asking for a pay raise because I'm working on my masters degree, well sure I'm working on it but until it is finished it doesn't mean a damn thing to anyone. And just because someone else has their masters doesn't make my partial one any more useful.

Last edited by TierAngst; 07-02-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
You are right. The car is "mythical". Because it hasnt been posted on ls1tech, it is a non-existant, mythical being, not unlike the unicorn.

Case in point about ******** getting worked up over nothing. You are right. there are no camaro's with this blower. This blower not only sucks and doesnt perform, but it also doesnt really exist. It both sucks and doesnt exist at the same time, thats how bad it sucks.

Perhaps the company is relatively new, havbe just started putting out their product, and in time more and more people will have them.what do you think of that? is that bullshit?

Do a search on the corvette forum. I believe there is 1 or 2 people there with this blower. There are a few guys on the stang boards with this blower. It performs. In fact, a 3L twin screw has a **** load of potential. Most guys with KB blowers or whipples on the vettes or stangs have 2L blowers up to 2.8L blowers. Those 2.8L blowers can get up to 1000rwhp. So what do you think about a 3L blower with a more direct airflow path (str8 into the front with no 180 degree bend tubing) and long runners, with larger intercoolers??
This is ridiculous, you act like the whole "Reverse Revolution" idea was created by Techco. The Gen 5 eaton blowers that Magna-charger put out for the Vettes and the GTOs have a front inlet, as do the New TVS units. So I ask you, disregarding long intake runners as well as greater displacement, what is the great deal here?

As for 427C5, I've seen your attitude and characteristics of posting on another forum, under a different screen name. You talk about the Magna-charger Rep posting in another Manufacturer's thread, about how unprofessional it is. Then go on to explain how this is just your hobby, that this isn't YOUR business interest. and how YOU don't have to act professional. That's complete BS, do you not think the other users on this forum will read through the thread and see how ridiculous you make yourself out to be?

Do us a favor and ask THE MANUFACTURER of the TECHCO to chime in, say hi, and maybe explain a bit about the blower and drop some back up information to your claims. That might help some of the users here start to get interested in the product you are so openly persuading the users here to purchase.

Last edited by ForcedTQ; 07-02-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

It's nice to see SOME people don't have their heads up their asses.

Give the company time to sell more kits, and you will see your results. Jesus christ, some of you people act like retarded ********. "where are the graphs? I call bullshit. blah blah".
YUP.
They have definitely crawled out from under their rocks into this thread.
That's OK.
I look forward to rubbing their noses in their **** in the future when the Techco proves to be THE blower to beat for the Zeta cars.

It's funny, you don't hear ANYONE talking about the little 1900 anymore. Do you?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ForcedTQ
This is ridiculous, you act like the whole "Reverse Revolution" idea was created by Techco. The Gen 5 eaton blowers that Magna-charger put out for the Vettes and the GTOs have a front inlet, as do the New TVS units. So I ask you, disregarding long intake runners as well as greater displacement, what is the great deal here?
Umm, i am not claiming that it was created by them. I am not even claiming it is some "magnificent breakthrough". I merely said that this setup has a straight path from intake into the blower as opposed to the 180 degree bend in the intake tube like setups that have the inlet in the rear. I am not even saying that this is a better setup then the rear inlet, i was merely mentioning it as something that was different then some other twin screw setups.

And you are asking me other than the long intake runners and greater displacement, what is the great deal?? I think you have the wrong idea here man. I am not touting this setup as the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am not saying that it is better than the competition. I was merely mentioning the good things this setup has going for it, thats all. Like mentioned, it has nice long intake runners for torque production. It has a large displacement at 3 liters, so it shouldnt have trouble feeding 402+ CI stroker motors. The front inlet gets rid of bends in the air path, which from what people are always talking about in intake and exhaust discussions, is a good thing. It also has large, dual intercooler cores that are easily removable.

I have no affiliation with this company. I am just a guy with a GTO who wishes there was a twin screw option for our cars, as so many people wish they could get a T.S. blower for the goats. I will probably go with a TVS blower when i save the money for FI for my car, unless maybe this Techco system is available for the goat.

I am also not saying this system is the ****, claiming its the best, better than every other system, etc. It just looks well designed, well thought out, and thankfully it is a Twin Screw option for our GM muscle cars, as it seems Ford guys get to choose between like 5 or 6 different twin screw systems while we get none.

I am really interested in the new Vortech twin screw system that is bieng put out. Of course, it is available for the mustang, but i am curious if it will work for any GM cars.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

i would also like to apologize for calling people retarded, or ********. It was uncalled for. While i think some people have copped an attitude that is totally uncalled for, i shouldnt have responded like that.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

I am really interested in the new Vortech twin screw system that is bieng put out. Of course, it is available for the mustang, but i am curious if it will work for any GM cars.
Me too.
Because of the heavy weight of the Zeta cars (they need low end grunt and have to sustain it to redline) and because I think most people are using them as daily drivers (belt driven is less complicated then twin turbos), I think twin screws will be the blower of choice.

But, the more choices we have the better.
Vortech/Paxton (same company now) have a proven track record and I've has great success with their systems.

i would also like to apologize for calling people retarded, or ********. It was uncalled for. While i think some people have copped an attitude that is totally uncalled for, i shouldnt have responded like that.
Don't apologize.
Your comment was spot on.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I saw a Techco blower in person at LMR earlier this week, one for a Hemi I believe. It looked okay, but damn that sucker was HEAVY. Not kidding, I'd guess 100+ lbs by itself. Results will be interesting, looking forward to seeing how they do.
The entire system is 80lbs, but you have to take into account the stock parts removed, so the total weight added to the car is less.

Also keep in mind the weight is not hanging off the front of the car like a centri, but father back above the engine for better weight distribution.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Me too.
Because of the heavy weight of the Zeta cars (they need low end grunt and have to sustain it to redline) and because I think most people are using them as daily drivers (belt driven is less complicated then twin turbos), I think twin screws will be the blower of choice.

But, the more choices we have the better.
Vortech/Paxton (same company now) have a proven track record and I've has great success with their systems.
I feel you, brother. I am a big fan of twin screws. I love, love, love love, absolutely loooove low end torque. For that reason, i am a fan of the positive displacement blower. The twin screws also hold onto that power into the redline, unlike older roots blowers.
Now, i am not knocking the maggie TVS systems out now, so dont anyone get the wrong idea. From what i have seen , the TVS systems are bad ***, are efficient, and put down big power from idle to redline... very similar to twin screw blowers. I am speaking of twin screws right now though, so enough about the TVS for now.

The twin screw systems arent very complex systems to install (like twin turbos), they are very reliable, and put out big power. I would love to have either a twin screw system or a TVS for my GTO. Sadly, i dont think anybody has their eyes tighly locked on the shrinking GTO market.

Don't apologize.
Your comment was spot on.
I feel ya. my comments came as a reaction to the way some people were posting. Saying crap like the Techo blower was "imaginary" and that it wasnt on any cars, demanding to see the dyno graphs, etc. What was that about?? Here i was (along with you) merely making fellow car guys aware of and commenting on a new system avaliable for the camaros, and people start jumping down my throat as if i owned the Techo company, and had come out and said that the Techo twin screw was the best system ever, out powers everything else, every other forced induction system sucks, and their mother is fat.
I mean Jesus, i just saw a cool twin screw option and thought i would comment on it. Holy ****.

Quick Reply: 1st 2010 Camaro SS with Techco's 3.0 liter Twin Screw blower