Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

nitrous dave what a RIP OFF

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can understand the frustration. i mean to install a plate kit does take some serious brain power... first you have to make sure its flipped the right way and then you have to make sure its rotated correctly. theres just so many possibilities.....

Also had i known dave was such a pour spellur i would have never bought my kit off of him. I hope i dont end up with problems with my kit now because of it.. i really hope that he was just buisy and that typo slipped by on axcident...

Last edited by got-a-ls1; 11-06-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:08 AM
9 Second Club

Dave and his crew are the best, if the OP had even a hint of professionalism he would have contacted Dave before posting such BS. I feel sure if there is any validity to the this post and there was a customer service issue Dave will make sure it is corrected. N20 Outlet FTW!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Launching!

I didn't even buy my kit from Dave and he treated me great, very professional and knowledgable, I'm sure if you call him and speak rationally and respectfully he would be glad to resolve your problem, personally if I were him after reading your post I would tell you to stuff your incorrect plate up your childish a$$.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:58 PM
10 Second Club

Fuc#$@! trolls! OP no response? Just what I thought a bunch of BS. Another keyboard tough guy. Im going to come to Waco one day...yeah and what? You have to resort to a threat? Because thats the way I would take it. What a jerk off. Even if its all true you have to be a big man to threaten someone on the internet ...And the 1 time post, just joined "I agree with the OP, because Dave cant spell" your a Douche. You two must be boyfriends or the same person. If I was Dave and you did have a problem,I would tell you to go F-yourself at this point.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Found a picture of the OP. Careful Dave, he looks pretty tough.
Attached Thumbnails nitrous dave what a RIP OFF-super-retard.jpg  
Old 11-06-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Well we have established OP is in fact a douche.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

I would buy an iglo from Dave in the desert cause I know when it melted he would take care of me.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Teching In

well guy may have spelled a word wrong but who is perfect! this is the story i have a c5 vett with 102 intake i called and ordered a plate system , it was hitting water pump so they sent me a 90mm plate it still hit , i even remove some material and it still hit. sent it back to dave with pics of intake on motor and he milled plate and sent it back. the plate had straight line fittings instead of 90* fittings and the lines would hit runner before you could screw them to plate. i called CHRIS and he said sorrry they DO NOT make 90* fittings for the 90mm plate , i'll get dave to call you. i called 20 times always got the " dave will call you story'' never called and just treated me like i wasnt a customer. All i heard was GOOD things about these guys thats why i spent 800.00 with them. i even told CHRIS that i would bash them if they didnt fix my problem . so dave by me saying i will be in waco one day is true, and i would like to meet you so u can tell me why i had shitty service and treated like crap. hey not starting **** but just telling the facts 800.00 dollars for a kit that didnt fit and the run around EVERY time i called. I'm glad all the other guys where done right by you maybe i;m the customer that got the lucky draw!
Old 11-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Launching!

thats what happens when you order the wrong kit
Old 11-07-2010, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by donotknowmyname
well guy may have spelled a word wrong but who is perfect! this is the story i have a c5 vett with 102 intake i called and ordered a plate system , it was hitting water pump so they sent me a 90mm plate it still hit , i even remove some material and it still hit. sent it back to dave with pics of intake on motor and he milled plate and sent it back. the plate had straight line fittings instead of 90* fittings and the lines would hit runner before you could screw them to plate. i called CHRIS and he said sorrry they DO NOT make 90* fittings for the 90mm plate , i'll get dave to call you. i called 20 times always got the " dave will call you story'' never called and just treated me like i wasnt a customer. All i heard was GOOD things about these guys thats why i spent 800.00 with them. i even told CHRIS that i would bash them if they didnt fix my problem . so dave by me saying i will be in waco one day is true, and i would like to meet you so u can tell me why i had shitty service and treated like crap. hey not starting **** but just telling the facts 800.00 dollars for a kit that didnt fit and the run around EVERY time i called. I'm glad all the other guys where done right by you maybe i;m the customer that got the lucky draw!
Im sure when your the owner of a company you have a million things going on at one time,and maybe you just slipped through the cracks it sometimes happens. I just thought the way you came on here ranting it was BS,also I would have taken the Waco thing as a threat but thats just me. When things are read on the internet it comes off different than saying it in person. Call and try to work things out so you can post back that it was taken care of. As I said before, Dave and his staff seem top notch to me whenever I spoke with anyone there. I also dropped $800+ there reason being is the customer service when on the phone with those guys. That in my opinion goes a long way which is why I went with their product.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by donotknowmyname

Look at everything in bold, and you bitch because Dave misspelled a word. LMAO
Old 11-07-2010, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Well as I stated before, i talked to them for around an hour and they priced me my kit for everything i wanted and it gonna be like 2000, whether this Threat is loaded with **** or not they WILL be gettin my $ for sure,if for no other reason then there customer service and quality parts! YALL DO AN AMAZING JOB THERE FELLAS, KEEP IT UP!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Teching In

i didnt bitch about misspelled words but who has the time to go word check peoples threads! all i am saying is i was done wrong and now maybe i will get that call back like i was told a month ago! i am glad dave did you guys great but if you had my experience you guys would be mad too. and its ok i bought a NITROUS EXPRESS kit and had it in 2 days . and yes i did order the right kit for this car. believe me , i wish i didnt have to post this but it wasnt right how they treated me, and i must of been the only person they messed up on! sounds like he took care of you guys well.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

^ the thing you have to understand is EVERY car is different and so is EVERY part, even if they are identicle, you will very rarly get the same specs from car to car or part to part, it may be that your waterpump had a little bit of a bigger casting than the one they made that plate for, its just a risk you take when you start modifying your car! I bet there isnt a person on this forum that hasever installed a part and never had a problem with getting parts to fit if they installed the parts themselfs! Thats why they call it MODIFICATIONS!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Ive spent a fortune with Daves company and my service has always been excelent. Im not saying there has never been a mistake or a missing piece from time to time, but everytime Dave has made it right. Mistakes happen, what happens after a problem makes a company and Daves company has always made things right. There customer service is what keeps me picking up the phone and using there services any time i need a nitrous related part, kit, etc. I send my friends to him as well.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This guy here is the one that talked about the misspelling Cam3roFTDUBYA not the O.P
Old 11-07-2010, 10:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for responding. I am aware of who you are now. And I do agree you had a reason to be frustrated but before I go into discussing the issue I am going to say that the method you took for resolving this issue is by far the wrong way to go about it. For one I am far from being a crook and I have worked my *** off to build the reputation we have. I respond to issues in a very fair manner, if in fact the issue is on our part I take care of it. If the issue is not on our part I nicely tell the customer. So bashing us or threatning to bash us does nothing for you really. I handle all issues fairly.

Up until this point I thought I had resolved your issues. I should have picked up the phone and called you to check in. (I do apologize for not doing so.)
Ok let’s talk about the mess with your order. I have no excuses here. I will flat out say it. I messed up. I designed a nitrous system for the fast 102 intake. What a headache doing anything with that intake has been. I have worked on thousands of LSX based vehicles including more C5s than I can count but even with all that experience that intake design came back to whoop my butt.

Up until Chris filled me in on your phone call I had no idea of the fitment issues with adding a plate to a fast 102 intake on a C5. Because I was on the run so much at the time Chris did what he could to resolve the issue. In the first weeks of the fast 102mm intakes release we built some special one off plates for the fast 102 intake for some customers. They used the fast 90mm plate profile. So Chris must have assumed well let’s try this plate and see if it clears. After you called and told him that also did not fit Chris filled me in about your call so I told him what info I needed to see what was going on to understand the problem.

After you sent in the pictures Chris got them to me. Unfortunately I was on the road a lot during that time so I was trying to learn what was going on and how to fix it while being on the run.
Once I got your pictures I could see how close the bottom of the intake set on the C5 corvettes water pump housing but I was still stumped on why we had not ever had this issue with the Fast 90 or 92mm intakes on the C5.
Being such a new intake no one I called had any explanation. So I had to do some investigating because obviously we had an issue that needed to be addressed and fixed.

During all this time I worked through Chris to talk to you in order to get the answers I needed to see what the problem was. I felt that Chris could handle it and that there was no reason for me to call as of yet. I guess I was wrong. (Another mistake on my part. I apologize.)

After a lot of research and looking at different applications I learned that intake drops the intake throat down less than an 1/8 of an inch off the water pump housing. The intake itself barely clears.

You sent back the 90mm plate but you took a grinder to it to see if it would then clear. In all honestly you should not have taken a grinder to it. You should have sent it back and said guys this does not work. Based off your pictures and what you had done to the Fast 90mm plate I figured I could probably take the plate and have Charles put it on the Mill and machine it down to clear the water pump housing. Unfortunately there was some down time to get Charles to do it because he was on vacation.

If my memory serves me correctly I talk to you on the phone to explain what I was going to do to resolve the issue. If I remember correctly you told me you would be happy if I just sent you a nozzle and called it even. Then I asked you but didn’t you want a plate? And you said yes. That’s when I said well lets mill this plate down and see if it fits. I then told you I did not know for sure that would do it but I hated the thought of you being out of a plate you ground on and not having what you originally wanted. My goal was to try to resolve the issue and make sure you were happy. ( I must have failed. I apologize)

Once Charles returned I got the plate milled down and I boxed it myself and sent it out.I never even thought about the fact we should have relocated the fittings to the side of the plate because there is no way they will clear the high runner.

So after reading this post tonight I called Chris at 10pm on Sunday on his day off to see what he knows on it. His memory is a little fuzzy so I am going to rely on you to tell me what happen.

He said he wants to say you called him and told him about the fittings and you were very unhappy. He does not remember the exact conversation but he did tell me to ask you if he did or did not tell you that we could relocate the fittings to the side of the plate?

In summary we have learned a lot at this point with the fast 102. We have resolved any issues we are aware of and we have moved on. I apologize for the inconvenience you went through during this time. Sometimes being an innovator and developing new products runs into some glitches. This is the first glitch we have ever hit. We like to cross all our Ts and do lots of testing before releasing a new product. Unfortunately after releasing our 102mm plate we learned of a few fitment restraints on applications we did not test on. We now have those issues figured out.

I can completely understand your frustration. (I apologize that you were the man to find an issue we were not aware of and that we did not have fast answers.)

As I told you when I talk to you on the phone I want you to be happy. Obviously we have not done a good job of making you happy so far. (I apologize for that)

If since you received the plate back called and left messages for me to call you and I have not called I apologize. I will find out why. Normally there are sticky notes all over my desk of people to call. I try to make sure I call every one of them as asked.

I will look up your number and give you a call tomorrow and see if I can get all the issues resolved.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 11-08-2010, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Dave has every reason to "feel good about his business". Thats coming from a competitor.

With a reason or without you will find humility will get you more than "F off" post.
That kinda says it all. When the competition steps up for Dave too.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Ive installed a few of his kits on customer cars,quality,fair priced and well thought out kits.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, dont have anything to say about the situation...but...

dave...keep up the good work! i got a kit on my car...killer!

i even have ANOTHER kit in my garage, still in the box! woop!

not to mention....i think i called them half a dozen times when installing it....nothing but good service...

Quick Reply: nitrous dave what a RIP OFF