Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

Beware Jannetty Racing Ent in CT

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 02:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance

I know you don't like me Fran, no need to be secretive.

I also know you love the RPS brand that Hendrix peddles.

That said, I'm not sure why you don't like me - but hell, I can't make everyone happy.

I have zero problem with you personally. I have never met you personally and you have never done anything wrong to me. Just my experience with the few clutches i have installed/driven etc im not too happy with. Just personal opinion. No hard feelings... its just business. I do like RPS and Mcleod also.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
As for the above situation. We gave up. That was really bad what you did to Roy. He lost a ton of money and for some reason I think you still have his clutch and he has no $$. I've got 2 stage 2's exactly like his sitting here that were faulty.

We just cut our loses. No hard feelings. Live and learn.
I understand Don and shot a message to Roy because of that.

We do not have his clutch however, but, at this point it's moot.

It was good talking to you via email, let me know if you need anything else.

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
I have zero problem with you personally. I have never met you personally and you have never done anything wrong to me. Just my experience with the few clutches i have installed/driven etc im not too happy with. Just personal opinion. No hard feelings... its just business. I do like RPS and Mcleod also.
For having no hard feelings you sure are opinionated. LOL

You've posted that opinion numerous times citing our product with all kinds of colorful descriptions. That surprises me when you are saying you've had limited experience with them.

That said, I've never sold you a clutch so I assume it's something your customer has brought to you. Given your experience I'm sure you know, and fully understand, that there are tons of things that can attribute to both the success and demise of a clutch. Considering we're just now getting our street twins out the door you no doubt drove our aggressive singles and those do take some getting used to. RPS's carbon/carbon is forgiving when cold (on/off when hot of course), so, for all intents it should drive damn near stock. The McLeod utilizes a V6 Camaro pressure plate so, of course it's going to be super easy to use. Being those are what you recommend it's no surprise you have a negative view on our stuff.

That said, I'd venture to say you have no experience with my new street twins unless you've driven a C7, then you know what our base "S" package feels like as we use that setup. The SC and R twins are about the same pedal effort and engagement but hold quite a bit more, the new triple we've just released is even better.

I appreciate you letting me know where you are coming from. Funny it's in a thread about JRE... LOL
Old 02-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy shiite! Has this thread degraded into a Monster Clutch bash thread.

Oh well, my next clutch will be what ever Steve at Monster recommends. They have done a hell of a job on my car and no one other that Pete at Pedders (dead now) will touch my car.

BTW NYNY, you have my full respect now. Not that that matters.

Yes Detoxx, i am still an idiot! Come by for a free simulator sortie! Beer's on me!

Last edited by BullF-16; 02-28-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BullF-16
Holy shiite! Has this thread degraded into a Monster Clutch bash thread.

Oh well, my next clutch will be what ever Steve at Monster recommends. They have done a hell of a job on my car and no one other that Pete at Pedders (dead now) will touch my car.

BTW NYNY, you have my full respect now. Not that that matters.

Yes Detoxx, i am still an idiot! Come by for a free simulator sortie! Beer's on me!
It does matter Bull. Sometimes you have to take a step back before going forward. (that's me).
Old 03-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Shoot those pics to me and we'll compare notes...

I can always forward people to the pics of the car on the GTO forum that your chinese knock off clutch went through the floor board... but I don't.

Camaro 5 does ridiculous things to "protect" their supporting vendors. You and I both know this more than anyone. We've both been banned for going after each other.

We did have some issues with our motorsport stuff, the new LT1-x series clutches have had zero issues. At least, I'd like to think if a customer had a $1200+ clutch have an issue the first person they would call would be who they bought it from.

I read your thread and hate to hear your situation. Don at Slowhawk is a good guy and will take care of you, we never had one complaint when he was a dealer for us.

See above on the initial issues. I've declined ONE of your customers a warranty from a random issue they kept having with discs. That was August of 2012... We never had any other person have an issue with those discs but, I suppose it happens. In retrospect you and the customer should have gotten a refund, as a matter of fact, call me and I'll do that. It was a bullsh*t situation from the beginning for you guys and Roy, and I should have made that call and didn't.

As far as 8-10 faulty clutches, and us not warrantying things, none of that was brought to my attention Don.

I know you don't like me Fran, no need to be secretive.

I also know you love the RPS brand that Hendrix peddles.

That said, I'm not sure why you don't like me - but hell, I can't make everyone happy.

Garbage? Didn't know garbage ran 8's in the quarter and has a good track record like we do? I'll admit we're not perfect, and we've had failures, but I've never not taken care of people save for a couple - Don being one.

We take pride in what we do, we've sold tens of thousands of clutches worldwide and you don't do that by passing off sh*t and trying to make excuses for people.

That said, if any of you would like to discuss this via a phone call instead of posting in some random thread on a forum I'm available 9-6 M-F CST - 817-750-2000.
Steve your such a tool,i don't think ive ever seen anything you've said about me have much truth to it.You are the one with the Chinese crap.I talk to a lot of dealers and your BS is legendary.I still have your text where you were wanting me to sell your crap and you wanted to buy drivetrain products from me because Chris had ripped you off about $90,000...Now since you cant make a multidisc clutch work for your third attempted you make a flywheel and bolt a stock c7 clutch to it and tell everyone it will hold 1500 hp . I will let you tell everyone you've had no issues with your new flywheel package until we get a big enuff audience and ill let them see what kind of person you truly are. Seems you would learn to keep your big mouth shut about me,as you've had to notice you havnt been important enuff for me to pay much attention to. Im really looking forward to the evcent in Texas this year I really am.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:35 PM
10 Second Club

I wish over at Camaro5 they could be like here, where everyone can express their opinions/facts/feelings/etc, I just read over the NYNY vendor thread and saw how it was closed and that was nothing compared with how people express themselves in this forum, it is too sad to see because I used that site a lot, but unfortunately it has becomed harder and harder to tolerate....I hope this forum becomes a bigger venue for us Camaro enthusiast to be and learn, share and voice our love for our toys.....

NYNY - I'm sorry for your issues and you were honest and fair over there with your review, suxs they closed it....
Old 03-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Hendrix
Steve your such a tool,i don't think ive ever seen anything you've said about me have much truth to it.You are the one with the Chinese crap.I talk to a lot of dealers and your BS is legendary.I still have your text where you were wanting me to sell your crap and you wanted to buy drivetrain products from me because Chris had ripped you off about $90,000...Now since you cant make a multidisc clutch work for your third attempted you make a flywheel and bolt a stock c7 clutch to it and tell everyone it will hold 1500 hp . I will let you tell everyone you've had no issues with your new flywheel package until we get a big enuff audience and ill let them see what kind of person you truly are. Seems you would learn to keep your big mouth shut about me,as you've had to notice you havnt been important enuff for me to pay much attention to. Im really looking forward to the evcent in Texas this year I really am.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by PtyMaro
I wish over at Camaro5 they could be like here, where everyone can express their opinions/facts/feelings/etc, I just read over the NYNY vendor thread and saw how it was closed and that was nothing compared with how people express themselves in this forum, it is too sad to see because I used that site a lot, but unfortunately it has becomed harder and harder to tolerate....I hope this forum becomes a bigger venue for us Camaro enthusiast to be and learn, share and voice our love for our toys.....

NYNY - I'm sorry for your issues and you were honest and fair over there with your review, suxs they closed it....
I was hoping it might actually stay open to hear all sides but like usual it's closed with some nonsense excuse as to why.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Hendrix
A lot of DFW guys know what SNL is about............ that is all.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:16 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I hope this forum becomes a bigger venue for us Camaro enthusiast to be and learn, share and voice our love for our toys.....
And we love having you guys here, and are currently working to make this a better avenue for you guys to hang out in.

I caught this thread when it was started, up till about page 6, and yes, I see now how it's turned into a clutch thread somehow, and really don't know how that has anything to do with the price of tea in London.

We won't blatantly close a thread for no reason, and these sponsors know that. They pay good money to be here, but that doesn't include having the moderators as their own personal defense force.

There ARE times when we'll close a thread, as I have in the past, if it's someone bitching about the price of shipping to Canada, or if so wine is just being a total *** and not even trying to reach an amicable solution to an issue. Those threads pop up from time to time.

Having said that, feel free to state your opinion, but do know we DO have a policy against blatant sponsor bashing. If you have a grievance with a sponsor, post it in the appropriate section, which would be the Sponsor Feedback section.

We hope you guys continue to frequent this section, and are seeking a few new mods to add here that are familiar with LS1Tech's rules, and most importantly, familiar with the 5th Gen and TECH that associates with this to begin with.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Thanks Man. I really hope the members over open there eyes. That is not how things should be run.

I hope it also it grows here also. I've been spending more and more time here lately.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

I still check the posts *over there* but lurk here more & more. At least here people can discuss their opinions without censorship.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Between here, cam5, and that super secret LSX site/facebook group....I am on my phone/computer way too much. I am supposed to be woking on a 9s time slip!!
Old 03-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Just seems like this section isn't promoted or kept current. The fast list hasn't been updated in some time. It's kinda hard to hang out much without action or update builds. With that said, I dont have my build posted in here and thay is something I could work on. Id just like to see an updated fast list and guys battling it out on it!!

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
And we love having you guys here, and are currently working to make this a better avenue for you guys to hang out in.

I caught this thread when it was started, up till about page 6, and yes, I see now how it's turned into a clutch thread somehow, and really don't know how that has anything to do with the price of tea in London.

We won't blatantly close a thread for no reason, and these sponsors know that. They pay good money to be here, but that doesn't include having the moderators as their own personal defense force.

There ARE times when we'll close a thread, as I have in the past, if it's someone bitching about the price of shipping to Canada, or if so wine is just being a total *** and not even trying to reach an amicable solution to an issue. Those threads pop up from time to time.

Having said that, feel free to state your opinion, but do know we DO have a policy against blatant sponsor bashing. If you have a grievance with a sponsor, post it in the appropriate section, which would be the Sponsor Feedback section.

We hope you guys continue to frequent this section, and are seeking a few new mods to add here that are familiar with LS1Tech's rules, and most importantly, familiar with the 5th Gen and TECH that associates with this to begin with.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by acowherd
Just seems like this section isn't promoted or kept current. The fast list hasn't been updated in some time. It's kinda hard to hang out much without action or update builds. With that said, I dont have my build posted in here and thay is something I could work on. Id just like to see an updated fast list and guys battling it out on it!!
I agree.

First thing we need is someone to update fast list

Last edited by nyny10-ss; 03-02-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:09 PM
10 Second Club

+1, I'm traveling for work, but as soon I'm back and with some time, I'll post a thread on my build and get things going....it may attract additional members and we can see if something comes out of it....maybe enough members to build a good place to share data...
Old 03-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

Good thing I did a google search on Jannetty and found this thread. I'm planning on buying a ZL1 and would like to know of a good, reputable shop on the East Coast I'd be able to take it to. I had a G8 GT which I cammed and the whole experience was a nightmare. The car had to go back and forth to the shop for tuning issue's, then the head gaskets started going etc.

So what shops on the East Coast do you recommend? Tune Time Performance? East Coast Supercharging? I heard good things about Mongillo motors from a fellow G8 owner at the time.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackdevil77
Good thing I did a google search on Jannetty and found this thread. I'm planning on buying a ZL1 and would like to know of a good, reputable shop on the East Coast I'd be able to take it to. I had a G8 GT which I cammed and the whole experience was a nightmare. The car had to go back and forth to the shop for tuning issue's, then the head gaskets started going etc.

So what shops on the East Coast do you recommend? Tune Time Performance? East Coast Supercharging? I heard good things about Mongillo motors from a fellow G8 owner at the time.

Give us a call. We can get you taken care of.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^what he said!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

I've heard of you guys, I didn't realize you were so close to me, I just map quested you! I don't have the car yet, but once I do, I'll certainly give you guys a ring. I'd like to talk to whoever does your tuning. I hope your tuner doesn't hate me after talking with me, but I've just had such nauseatingly bad experiences with tuning, that I'm very nervous and my guard is up when it comes to that aspect. It seems like quite a few shops can wrench, but very few can tune properly.

Quick Reply: Beware Jannetty Racing Ent in CT