Pfadt and BMR

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pfadt and BMR

Hey guys, did some research and I am looking to see if anyone has experience with Pfadt solid subframe bushings. I did a search before posting this thread but did not find anything, I'm also new here so I apologize if this is a repost. I have a 2013 camaro 1ss, and am looking to do bushings, toe rods, trailing arms , front and rear sway bars and end links. Ideally I would like a setup to feel good going to the drag strip or doing a few autocross events a year. I have seen a few packages from both BMR and Pfadt, but have not seen many reviews of Pfadt products. Also with the subframe bushings, what is the difference in performance between solid and other (polyurethane?) style subframe bushings? Just looking for some input. Again, sorry if this is a repost.

Mike
Old 02-21-2016, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

First I'm not sure how much of Pfadt stuff you can get anymore since they went out of business. Some of their line was picked up by AFE Power and some by Apex. Keep that in mind.

Now, i have been running Pfadt suspension components for 5 years and for the most part very satisfied.

Solid sub-frames help tighten the rear up but at the expense of increased NVH (noise vibration harmonics) in the car. Toe rods, trailing arms, springs, and sways will transform the car for autox and wheel hop will go away for the drag strip. The only item I've had a problem was the differential bushings that starts to split after a couple years of heavy road course use. Outside of that, very happy (except the NVH which I've got a ton of but I also have and aftermarket diff with some exceptionally noisy gears).
Old 02-22-2016, 04:00 AM
Teching In

Thanks Travis. As far as Pfadt product availability goes, I'm not sure either. I remember hearing they went out of business, but their website looks pretty updated with products for 2015 camaros so I am not sure.

Mike
Old 02-22-2016, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you on AFEs website? I think Pfadt's site is still up for whatever reason but they are most definitely not in business anymore.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:58 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Mike, I will only speak to our Products. A Solid Delrin Bushing is just that, Solid. With a Solid Bushing, there will be no deflection and therefore you will feel what the car is doing. On Cradle Bushings, there will may be a slight increase in NVH, but not bad if at all.

With Poly you have 2 Choices Street Inserts or a Pro-Version Full High Durameter Bushing. Those are just what they sound - Streets are better than the Soft Rubber, but will not hold up to the Stress you will subject them to at the Track. The Pro Version Full Bushings will take what you throw at it. Again either of these will have little effect on NVH.

If you put Solid Bushings or High Durameter Polys on the Diff, you will definately get an increase in NVH. On the Diff, the OEM Rubber Diff bushings absorb the NVH.

Just to explain, NVH stands for Noise, Vibration & Harmonics
Durameter is what measures the Deflection or the Hardness in a Bushing

T.C.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:15 AM
Teching In

Thanks T.C. I didn't know BMR offered solid bushings.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Pfadt or BMR solid cradle bushings are the way to go.You will not see a difference in road noise but you will fell the difference in performance which is what you want.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Teching In

i have this setup and i love it
Old 04-12-2016, 09:11 AM
Teching In

I have the solid cradle bushings and toe links. The car didn't make more noise but did stop the wheel hop and I feel like it has a tighter ride. If you are doing them yourself the cradle bushings are a bit of a bitch to get out.

Quick Reply: Pfadt and BMR