Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

6L80 TM removal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
yeah the reason i didnt feel like tuning your ride was because you had gone to multiple other shops already, i am not the type to get involved in that... also you wanted me to drive to anahiem to get your camaro running at another shop, which i believe had another tuner there, didnt feel like dealing with that either.... sorry if this is offensive, not my intention
At the time I talked to you I had not taken it to the shops mentioned yet. The shop that did the install of the heads, cam etc. had an in house tuner but I did not want to use his services.

As you know almost all dyno shops have their own tuner and they try and have you use their services. I only used the dyno at Haddad and Church Auto with the car being tuned remotely by Tune Time. Adam just helped me tune for the 100 shot to try and make it to Fontana the next day. He was at his shop until like 11PM working on the Camaro and then jumped on to finish the tuning on his own. He did not even charge me for his time/services which is why when I need future services wheather it be installing a Kenne Bell on the Camaro or dyno tuning the turbo in the Silverado or turbo Hemi Ram I will be giving him a call.

Also, a lot of people from down south send me their rides to mod and tune so I need to be able to get them on the dyno quickly. Sometimes shops are busy so I go wherever I can get in. I like dealing with people like Adam@ST, Pete@WOT, Charlie@RPM the guys at Church and the guys at EFI Univ in Temecula where I took some classed. They have always been a great group of guys and very helpful.

BTW, I was going to drive to your location not have you meet me in Anaheim to use their dyno. Their dyno is not a load bearing unit plus I would not want to put two tuners in the same room, lol.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dyno time gets very expensive. When I went to RPM the knock sensor was going crazy so they had to tune around it. Sine we were going to run a max of 300 shot I did not want to sensors desensitized. The sensor was damaged when installing the engine so they put a new knock sensor in but RPM was busy so I used Haddad. Then we ran into the ground problem with the dedicated fuel system on the nitrous and ran out of nitrous and air in the NANO bottle. Haddad filled the juice but it was late and we couldn't fill the NANO.

I wanted to go to the track to do some testing since CA Speedway only opens about once a month so Adam helped me out on just a quick track tune using a 100 shot. It was more like a 50 shot though since the window switch was set for 3500/6000 and the shift were at about 7000 and the progressive started at 50% and ramped up to 100% in 1 second. Still managed a 12.1 all motor and 11.7 on the spray that day.

If the sensor was not damaged and we had found the ground wire problem sooner it would have been tuned in a day and saved a bunch of money and time. But stuff happens.

Now that the car is doing good it's time to bring it back and go FI. On the 200 shot the bottle is only good for about 4-5 runs and it costs $120 to fill in Mexico so going FI will actually save a little dough in the long run.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SRTKLLR
Dyno time gets very expensive. When I went to RPM the knock sensor was going crazy so they had to tune around it. Sine we were going to run a max of 300 shot I did not want to sensors desensitized. The sensor was damaged when installing the engine so they put a new knock sensor in but RPM was busy so I used Haddad. Then we ran into the ground problem with the dedicated fuel system on the nitrous and ran out of nitrous and air in the NANO bottle. Haddad filled the juice but it was late and we couldn't fill the NANO.

I wanted to go to the track to do some testing since CA Speedway only opens about once a month so Adam helped me out on just a quick track tune using a 100 shot. It was more like a 50 shot though since the window switch was set for 3500/6000 and the shift were at about 7000 and the progressive started at 50% and ramped up to 100% in 1 second. Still managed a 12.1 all motor and 11.7 on the spray that day.

If the sensor was not damaged and we had found the ground wire problem sooner it would have been tuned in a day and saved a bunch of money and time. But stuff happens.

Now that the car is doing good it's time to bring it back and go FI. On the 200 shot the bottle is only good for about 4-5 runs and it costs $120 to fill in Mexico so going FI will actually save a little dough in the long run.
well it sounds like you have everything all sorted out with tuners then.... but you wont get a better tune or service from anyone else then me in the socal area.... and to just touch base me tuning your car, i told you when you came in i had customer ahead of you and i was busy, as much as i wanted to tune your car , i cant neglect my current customers, i am a small shop that performs high quality work, which takes time and needs proper scheduling.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
well it sounds like you have everything all sorted out with tuners then.... but you wont get a better tune or service from anyone else then me in the socal area.... and to just touch base me tuning your car, i told you when you came in i had customer ahead of you and i was busy, as much as i wanted to tune your car , i cant neglect my current customers, i am a small shop that performs high quality work, which takes time and needs proper scheduling.
That wasn't it but regardless I would have appreciated it if you had taken the time from your busy schedule to return my call and let me know there were no spots open. I had to scrabble to find a place that could get me in with little notice.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SRTKLLR
That wasn't it but regardless I would have appreciated it if you had taken the time from your busy schedule to return my call and let me know there were no spots open. I had to scrabble to find a place that could get me in with little notice.
you had actually stopped by my shop and i had told you then that i was busy, i actually just spoke to mike my tech who was there with me... you came in on a friday asking about tuning, you said the car is at superior automotive in anaheim, and they were finishing the car as we spoke, then wanted me to go out there and tow the car back to my shop for tuning on the following monday, you left in your white silverado truck and before you left you told me you were going to call me and let me know if car would be done on monday to pick up..... all that being said you A) never called me... B) you assumed i was going to pick your car up even though through the course of our conversation when you were at my shop i told i did not have time to go to anaheim to pick it up.... please dont say i didnt "call" you back, that simply wasnt the case, you never called us...

Last edited by Ryne @ CMS; 10-17-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

PM sent.

Quick Reply: 6L80 TM removal?