Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Turbo V6 2010

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just think it's funny that I can pull up to the line and someone look down on me for having a v-6 and I can blast them with a 150 shot and they are like ...."well I have a v-8" and.....?
Old 10-22-2008, 04:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sunset'01Z
well la de ******* da.. we're talking a 2010 camaro here, not a 1998..

i'm trying to help the guy see that even though his idea might be unique, it's not logical, seeing as the ls3 powerplant has much more potential than the DI v6. Nobody knows yet, what all is involved in turbocharging that engine CORRECTLY. i'm sure tuning is going to be questionable for at least a few years, to say the least. there is a good possibility of him losing thousands in replacing pistons or even shortblocks because guys cant tune the car right. there is a lot more to it than "throwing a turbo on that bitch".

LOL, that's the EXACT same thing I was told over and over, back then.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

all and all its still just a v-6.... you do all that work just to compete w/ a v8 just to be "different" its all fun and games until you pull up to a v8 that has the same things done as you and he tears you a new one.

yea it'll will get attention but every is thinking in the back of their head.... why didnt he just get the v8? woulda been alot easier/smarter. but hey its ur car man dont let anyone bash your dreams if its what you want to do. we're just trying to give you some advice. hell cam only ls3's are makin 550 bhp so you can see why everyone is tryin to get you to think otherwise. yea its a little more initial money but it has TONS more potential and will hold its value alot better than the v6. what ever you do though good luc w/ it
Old 10-22-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

its your car, do what you want to do, but dont think that any modded car 6 or 8 cylinder is going to get phenominal gas mileage. I know people still get decent mileage out of their modded cars, but lets be real, the whole point of modding is to get more power and go faster, not to sip fuel.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

I can see your views and I completely respect them. I believe there are several flaws with the drivetrain with the 10' camaro. I am not a road racer and NEED a solid axle rear for the abuse my rear-end takes. I hope moser comes out with solid axle rear for this car because that will more than likely be my 2nd upgrade. who wants to forge that little wussy irs set-up when I can put the nose in the air and cut 1.4 60's with the solid. yeah its more weight but definitely more reliable. I just thought having a turbo V6 that people pull up to and laugh at cause it is a "v6" will be nice to build because of people's ignorance. Maybe I'll just save the turbo Idea for the 280zx.

Quick Reply: Turbo V6 2010