Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Fesler-Moss Camaro Announced

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fesler-Moss Camaro Announced

http://www.feslermosscamaro.com

FESLER MOSS Limited Edition 2010 Camaro coming soon.

After months of design and calibration Chris Fesler and Jon Moss have teamed up to offer Chevy lovers with their version of the ultimate 2010 Camaro. The Chevrolet Camaro will forever be known as America's original muscle car. Chris Fesler and Jon Moss have expanded on that principle to create the Fesler-Moss Edition 2010 Camaro. The new Fesler-Moss Limited Edition 2010 Camaro is scheduled for release in late April 2009 and will be shipping soon after that.

Built with similar historic features that have been prevalent throughout the Camaro's bloodline, the Fesler-Moss Camaro stays true to the original Camaro lines, performance, handling and most important, horsepower. Some features include;
• GM Performance LS-7, LS-9 and LSX engines,
• 6 speed or built 4L65E transmission,
• Fesler-Moss braned Magnuson Supercharger,
• Fesler-Moss 3 piece billet wheels,
• Goodyear tires,
• Racing suspension,
• Upgraded rear end,
• Body upgrades,
• Paddle shifter by Mastershift,
• Performance brake upgrade,
• Larger exhaust upgrade,
• Sound system upgrade,
• Color matched interior
• Street legal in all 50 states.

When asked about their new endeavor, Chris and Jon had the following to say;

“I remember when I was younger riding around in my dad’s Camaro and how much fun and cool the car was. I wanted to build something that brought back that feeling and design. When I saw the new 2010 Camaro I knew we could offer the style and feel of the 1969 model that we have all grown to love and appreciate so much but with some serious power and handling. This will be the ultimate Camaro package and a perfect touch for any car collector.” -Chris Fesler

“When I think of Camaro, it reminds me of my days at General Motors working on the COPO cars, Trams-Am engine components, and the Big Block drag cars. Pure Fun! Now, I’m proud to be involved with Chris Fesler in the development of the 2010 Fesler-Moss Edition Camaro that mirrors that same performance image of the original Camaros.” -Jon Moss

Sometimes "off-the-shelf" just isn't good enough. When that is the case, there is Fesler-Moss. The limited edition, track tested, 600hp 2010 Fesler-Moss Camaro is limited to 60 production models (per year). Pricing will start at $60K and top out at $150K for a fully loaded version. Reservations are taken on a first come, first serve basis and require a substantial deposit.

For those that want what no-one else has, Fesler-Moss will also be offering TWIN packages that include both the new 2010 Camaro along with a matching 1969 version. Pricing has yet to be determined.

Whether you are interested in placing an order for the new Fesler-Moss Edition Camaro or if you already have a Camaro on order, please do not hesitate to call us for availability and reservation status.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn..... Wish i had money.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Why would they use a 4L65e when they have a MUCH tougher 6L80E?
Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

Why does everyone think they can make a Copo Camaro! I bet they try to sell it for 100k too.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hard Core Z28
Why does everyone think they can make a Copo Camaro! I bet they try to sell it for 100k too.
yes and no.

Pricing will start at $60K and top out at $150K
Old 04-14-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad that companies will work with the new Camaro, and hope they make a lot of money doing so, because that's what our hobby is all about for the pros. The better it is for the pros, the better it is for us.

However, I could care less. Not marketed at all for me, or the vast majority of Camaro SS owners, who are most concerned with price-to-performance ratio. But, they know that, and know this isn't the "everyman's" Camaro. Camaro, a.k.a., "The poor man's 'Vette."

So, I wish Fesler-Moss the best of luck and hope their project is a great success.

In the mean time, I'll be scraping pennies for an '11 white or black 1SS with no options. Hopefully, there will be a red or white interior for the '11 model for the 1SS (IOM is only for 2SS).

All that being said, I take issues with the following statements:

"The Chevrolet Camaro will forever be known as America's original muscle car."
What?!

If you consider the 1st gens a pony car, then everyone knows Ford beat us to that punch!

If you consider them muscle, then what the Hell about Novas and Chevelles?! 'Vettes?! That's just Chevy, not to mention Ford and the rest of GM.

Either way, I don't think anyone considers them "America's original muscle car." Am I wrong here? Maybe I am.

“I remember when I was younger riding around in my dad’s Camaro and how much fun and cool the car was. I wanted to build something that brought back that feeling and design."
So, wait. You and your dad drove around in the equivalent of a $60-$150,000 car? I don't know, maybe so. But I'll bet it was an everyman's Camaro. If so, then this Camaro does nothing to bring back that great heritage of fun performance that fathers and sons can enjoy like you and your dad did.

"“When I think of Camaro, it reminds me of my days at General Motors working on the COPO cars, Trams-Am engine components, and the Big Block drag cars. Pure Fun!"
This car is NOTHING like a COPO car. They were all about stripped down, brutal performance. To me, it's insulting that this car would be compared to them. It's nothing like the spirit of those cars.

The reason WHY I take issue with this load of bull **** that they are smearing around to hype their product -- which is awesome(!) in its own right -- is that no one actually took the historical COPO approach like they are claiming to do. They are all taking the super-expensive designer car approach. Blech.

Their PR statement would have been great if they would have taken the GM Performance LS7 Camaro kit from the catalog and slapped it on a 1SS or 2SS with some GMPP exhaust, suspension and other upgrades. Then, this would have been the perfect PR statement. But no, they did what everyone else is doing.

So, they should have just said, "We set out to make an ultra Camaro, and we did it."
Old 04-14-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharpe
The reason WHY I take issue with this load of bull **** that they are smearing around to hype their product -- which is awesome(!) in its own right -- is that no one actually took the historical COPO approach like they are claiming to do. They are all taking the super-expensive designer car approach. Blech.

Their PR statement would have been great if they would have taken the GM Performance LS7 Camaro kit from the catalog and slapped it on a 1SS or 2SS with some GMPP exhaust, suspension and other upgrades. Then, this would have been the perfect PR statement. But no, they did what everyone else is doing.

So, they should have just said, "We set out to make an ultra Camaro, and we did it."
This is what I don't get. Why the hell does everyone just keep doing the same **** over and over? There are already like four thread of various tuners with basically the same car. That LS7 Camaro was badass looking at the auto show and they would probably sell a ton of them. I wonder how many of these they actually planned to sell, 10 maybe? What a waste of time and resources!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Personally I would prefer a stripped down '70 Chevelle with a big block v8, flat paint, nice wheels with some fat rubber, and jaw dropping power to show up anything on the road including a new 100k dollar Camaro
Old 04-15-2009, 09:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe there is hope...
Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

I mostly agree with Sharpe on this one - However, I do like the nose treatment and the availability of LS7, LS9, or LSX engines....then again, I like to build my own horsepower
Old 04-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Teching In

fuckem!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The first muscle car was the GTO.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

looks great front bumper looks pontiacish like it could be used on a firebird if one existed
Old 04-16-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99FRC
This is what I don't get. Why the hell does everyone just keep doing the same **** over and over? There are already like four thread of various tuners with basically the same car. That LS7 Camaro was badass looking at the auto show and they would probably sell a ton of them. I wonder how many of these they actually planned to sell, 10 maybe? What a waste of time and resources!
I don't know if you saw bro, but the LS7 and LS9 will be available for this car. If you don't care for the body kits, I'm sure you could persuade FM to just do an engine swap
Old 04-17-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wish I had the money.....

Quick Reply: Fesler-Moss Camaro Announced