Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

What are the 2010 Camaro's costing around the U.S.?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They are owned by a bank and that bank owns them at invoice so the dealership owns them at Invoice through the bank. Once rebates get involved it's more complicated, but they do own them at Invoice.

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I wonder what dealerships ACTUALLY pay for the cars... For example, I get "jobber" pricing from wholesale companies that want me to distribute their product... Say it is a set of rims, I would get a list like this:

MSRP $1000
Jobber (what they recommend I sell for) $700
Wholesale (my cost) $400

Now, if I told a customer, "Well, the company says it is worth $1000 max... I'm going to charge you $1500..." not only would I be a total *** for being greedy as hell with my profits (I paid $400, selling for $700 is fair, $1000 is as far as it should be pushed) but I'd go out of business quick. How do dealerships think they can thrive like this?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS02
How about we get together and write our state representives and ask why after 6.5 billion in bailout money we cant seem to get a fair deal from a company we intend to save. Ive written General Motors with my disgust and I ask all of you to do the same, all we ask for is the standard fair market MSRP quoted from GM for a car we love and have DIED asking for, they answered......with a "Here you go and a BIG F U ".... Disgusted guys..really.

If someone here on LS1 Tech can give us information about who we can make a formal complaint to then please post. I made my complaint through there Feedback section on GMs website, im sure it will never get read..but hey, I got to try.
Unfortunately GM does not have a say in what the dealerships sell them for. State Franchise laws protect dealers from the distrubitor (ie: GM). Half of the people that complain about American cars is because they say the salesman is a dick, and then they go to a Toyota dealer and they are super nice... blah blah and GM takes the blame for ******* dealers. That is probably why GM wants to get rid of 1,700 dealers (and cutting Pontiac, Saturn, SAAB, and Hummer will clean out most of the dealers).

I honestly think thay GM is cutting their third best selling division as an excuse to lay of 21,000 workers and thin the dealership herd (I really don't blame them for needing to lay off so many workers, as the UAW prevents GM from firing people for slow production times. Its just a shame Pontiac has to take the fall
Old 04-29-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My cousin ordered a loaded RS for 27K in GA
Old 04-29-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^^Agreed with what you guys pointed out...My point however was that these dealers are a reflection of GM..Plain and simple, and that is how it is viewed by the public. I am an Independent Contractor for FedEx Ground, although I am not an employee I am viewed as a direct represenitive of Fedex and its values and customer service, and my actions will and do ultimatly affect customer opinion and service.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Never go to a dealer without first building what you want on the manufacturer's website. Knowing what the dealer paid for the car you want is pretty good leverage. For instance I heard someone paod 33k for a V6 model, a completed modded out V6 LS package with stripes cost the dealer at best $28k, why did they need a 9k markup????????????? It's dealership's like this that are helping put GM in the grave because they do represent Chevrolet to the mass public.

Last edited by kain01; 04-30-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kain01
Never go to a dealer without first building what you want on the manufacturer's website. Knowing what the dealer paid for the car you want is pretty good leverage. For instance I heard someone paod 33k for a V6 model, a completed modded out V6 RS package with stripes cost the dealer at best 24k, why did they need a 9k markup????????????? It's dealership's like this that are helping put GM in the grave because they do represent Chevrolet to the mass public.
I smell a typo! $24k for a loaded v6? Try again. Base is $23k.

If you have more people wanting a product than you have of the product, you can get more for that product up to a point because people will pay the extra to have it over everyone else that doesn't and wants to have it (Nintendo Wii anyone?). It's life. Get over it. We've waited a long time for these cars... a few more months of waiting wont kill you. Just enjoy driving your current whip before you trade it off for the new one. That's what I'm trying to do. I get choked up thinking about it. Five years with the six... and I feel like I'm abandoning it.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigPimpinCook
I smell a typo! $24k for a loaded v6? Try again. Base is $23k.

If you have more people wanting a product than you have of the product, you can get more for that product up to a point because people will pay the extra to have it over everyone else that doesn't and wants to have it (Nintendo Wii anyone?). It's life. Get over it. We've waited a long time for these cars... a few more months of waiting wont kill you. Just enjoy driving your current whip before you trade it off for the new one. That's what I'm trying to do. I get choked up thinking about it. Five years with the six... and I feel like I'm abandoning it.
Lol yeah oops, meant $28k for a loaded LS, good catch, corrected in previous post. Still my point's valid, it's a good bargaining tool to know the dealer only paid x amount for something. Doesn't mean your gonna get it for that price
Old 04-30-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Didnt give Nintendo Wii 6.5 Billion in Bailout money!!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

my local dealership had a sale and had just got in a loaded v6, sticker was 26k they had was 40k now 38k on the sale sticker, my buddy who's a salesmen said it sold for 38k, but I didnt see it with my own eyes so I dont know. I did sit in it and wasnt too bad
Old 05-01-2009, 12:45 PM
m6z
12 Second Club

The bad thing is. It's not just the camaros. I had been looking at buying a new GMC truck for the last few months. Went to several local dealers and the best price they would give me was the $1500 cash back on a reg. cab. The acted like they were giving it away at that price. It seems to me most of our local gm dealers don't want to sell anything.

I ended up buying a new dodge for less then their current "employee pricing". Quite a bit less.

Quick Reply: What are the 2010 Camaro's costing around the U.S.?