Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

GM deserves a standing ovation...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wabmorgan
It's all about the curves I like curves... don't you????
Old 04-29-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Car looks great. My cousin ordered one identical to the one in the initial post. When she gets it i'll have to get some pics of it with my 1st and 4th gen.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fnbrowning
Aw heck, nobody likes multiple STFU signs instead of spirited discussion.
Just decided to hand it back.

And your point is????
What? should I dig out the AMC Pacer production numbers? How may ppl have bought the Pontiac Aztec?
So out of the millions of U.S. performance car drivers . . . 12k People know nothing better than to drink GM Kool Aid.
Probably 6.5k of them are balding, frumpy, older guys looking at the retro style and thinking about what they shoulda/coulda driven during their high school daze.

Really, the thread title is about giving GM a standing ovation.
I say that GM deserves a an ***-kicking bankruptcy for stabbing F-Body and Goat enthusiasts in the back not once over the years, but several times, and for killing the storied Pontiac line.
A 2010 box with a big engine gets a Bronx cheer at best.
Spirited discussion? Try the BILLION OTHER THREADS ASKING FOR YOUR OPINION. This one isn't. If you don't like signs then...

Seriously, you have your opinion, you don't like it, great. You want a cookie or something?

Do you go on Mustang boards and cry to people about how you don't like Mustangs? Are you mentally retarded and just don't understand the concept of different topics in different threads or do you just feel you can just run at the mouth about whatever you want in whatever thread you want because no one else will talk to you?

Third-Gens may have had aerodynamics but kittens can fart more power than ANY of them put out from the factory. Then GM carried over a crap floor plan design from 1982 all the way to 2002. All of the people behind THOSE Camaros deserve what you say, the people behind the STYLISH AND PERFORMANCE ORIENTED 2010 Camaro deserve thanks
Old 04-29-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Spirited discussion? Try the BILLION OTHER THREADS ASKING FOR YOUR OPINION. This one isn't. If you don't like signs then...

Seriously, you have your opinion, you don't like it, great. You want a cookie or something?

Do you go on Mustang boards and cry to people about how you don't like Mustangs? Are you mentally retarded and just don't understand the concept of different topics in different threads or do you just feel you can just run at the mouth about whatever you want in whatever thread you want because no one else will talk to you?

Third-Gens may have had aerodynamics but kittens can fart more power than ANY of them put out from the factory. Then GM carried over a crap floor plan design from 1982 all the way to 2002. All of the people behind THOSE Camaros deserve what you say, the people behind the STYLISH AND PERFORMANCE ORIENTED 2010 Camaro deserve thanks

Feel free to take a more adult stance on the forums being a sponsor and all.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
Feel free to take a more adult stance on the forums being a sponsor and all.
Grow some hair on your chest. Everything I said is in the tone of male rousing, no different than standing around a car busting each others *****. I really doubt fnbrowning thinks I really think he is mentally retarded or can't read internet sarcasm with all the I added...
Old 04-30-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Grow some hair on your chest. Everything I said is in the tone of male rousing, no different than standing around a car busting each others *****. I really doubt fnbrowning thinks I really think he is mentally retarded or can't read internet sarcasm with all the I added...
heheheh i know you dont have time to read all of my bull **** posts. But I will fill you in. Most of them are sarcam.

Believe me. I am just playing the game of marbles just like you are.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Banned

heheheh i know you dont have time to read all of my bull **** posts. But I will fill you in. Most of them are sarcam.

Believe me. I am just playing the game of marbles just like you are.
In that case, go trim your vagina

Old 04-30-2009, 07:42 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fnbrowning
Aw heck, nobody likes multiple STFU signs instead of spirited discussion.
Just decided to hand it back.

And your point is????
What? should I dig out the AMC Pacer production numbers? How may ppl have bought the Pontiac Aztec?
So out of the millions of U.S. performance car drivers . . . 12k People know nothing better than to drink GM Kool Aid.
Probably 6.5k of them are balding, frumpy, older guys looking at the retro style and thinking about what they shoulda/coulda driven during their high school daze.

Really, the thread title is about giving GM a standing ovation.
I say that GM deserves a an ***-kicking bankruptcy for stabbing F-Body and Goat enthusiasts in the back not once over the years, but several times, and for killing the storied Pontiac line.
A 2010 box with a big engine gets a Bronx cheer at best.
GM killing the storied pontiac line? Umm I have 3 69 firebirds a 68 firebird and a 2005 GTO. GM killed the pontiac heritage back in the 70's when they stopped putting Pontiac engines in the cars. The fastest pontiac in the 1980's came with a Buick 3.8l V6, a far cry from the 455's and 400's. The 4th gen trans ams and even my GTO again come with the same motors GM puts in everything from the trailblazer to the corvette it is no longer brand specific, so who cares if GM doesn't make Pontiac anymore there isn't really a difference anymore.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mebetter
GM killing the storied pontiac line? Umm I have 3 69 firebirds a 68 firebird and a 2005 GTO. GM killed the pontiac heritage back in the 70's when they stopped putting Pontiac engines in the cars. The fastest pontiac in the 1980's came with a Buick 3.8l V6, a far cry from the 455's and 400's. The 4th gen trans ams and even my GTO again come with the same motors GM puts in everything from the trailblazer to the corvette it is no longer brand specific, so who cares if GM doesn't make Pontiac anymore there isn't really a difference anymore.
I somewhat agree. The year Pontiac stopped making birds/TAs was about the same time that I didnt really mind what happened to the company, Im not a fan of other pontiacs honestly. So the brand is no longer, does it really matter? That just makes my vehicle all the more rarer.

Owning a firebird/ta in 2004 when pontiac was alive is the same as owning one in 2009 when pontiac isnt.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Ill let you know when I find my 27 blade razor.
Can we get a video
Old 05-03-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the guy that designed the new camaro should be shot.What an ugly chunky car
it is.I saw one in person and hated it even more.If you guys like it than buy it.lt's all a matter of taste.I am glad they made it but I am really dissappointed with how it turned out.
Buy it if you like it,Don't buy it if you hate it.I will keep my 4th gen or buy a vette.No thanks for me.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

To each his own
Old 05-04-2009, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

a standing ovation for a re bodied gto that u wouldnt even be seening if the gto wasnt a sales disater is a bit much but its not a bad looking car though got to see and 2010 ss at 75 80 and its not a bad looking car but then again i didnt mind the gto either but all in all not bad
Old 05-04-2009, 02:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pewter02z28gs
a standing ovation for a re bodied gto that u wouldnt even be seening if the gto wasnt a sales disater is a bit much but its not a bad looking car though got to see and 2010 ss at 75 80 and its not a bad looking car but then again i didnt mind the gto either but all in all not bad
Nothing wrong with the GTO. Just lost in the land of public perception...

Pontiac wanted a car that could compete with the BMW, they delivered.

GM wanted to ride a known name tag, they did.

Problem is the name tag, GTO appealed to the exact opposite crowd that Pontiac wanted to win over.

BMW peeps wouldn't want to drive a "GTO" and people who know "GTO" (you know, the car that started the muscle car wars) aren't exactly looking for a BMW replacement (skinny tires, non-aggressive appearance, etc..).

Anyways, that's a blue in the face argument where people come in on both sides. My point is simply that the car GM produced, the Camaro, is a car most enthusiasts wanted (and not much was compromised) and they got it made (finally, took a long while) it some of the worst times to make that kind of car.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

the question now is are they going to make them in real numbers or is this run of 1000 cars it. thats what id like to know
Old 05-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

I love the car , it looks mean even when parked. When the hoopla dies down a bit or they start finding their way into the used car market , I want one ( dealer "market adjusted price" and initial new car depreciation kinda blow IMO ) but I wish that some things were different:
1. This car is BEGGING for the RS hideaway headlight option
2. The tail lights could be more 1st gen in appearance
3. Chevrolet had not dragged their feet for so long to get this car on the market , it should have been 1 -2 years behind the restyled Mustang. Chrysler got on the stick and got the Challenger out in decent amount of time when the concept was shown. It is a tough call on which car I would like to have the most , Challenger or Camaro. Both are great cars for a musclecar fan such as myself ( still digging the Camaro just a teeny tad better).
Other than that , I am glad it is finally out and think it will be a shot in the arm for GM.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by transwiz
I think the guy that designed the new camaro should be shot.What an ugly chunky car
it is.I saw one in person and hated it even more.If you guys like it than buy it.lt's all a matter of taste.I am glad they made it but I am really dissappointed with how it turned out.
Buy it if you like it,Don't buy it if you hate it.I will keep my 4th gen or buy a vette.No thanks for me.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always thought 1969 was the least desired year. clunkier looking than the 67-68 and 1970-1981 years.

I think only the mystique of the ZL1 and COPO Camaros of 69 make that year worth remembering. This appears much like a 1969.

Onlly poor gringo cochinos in high school drove this car. Everyone else had a late model Z or TA.

Last edited by Felix C; 05-04-2009 at 09:42 PM.

Quick Reply: GM deserves a standing ovation...