Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

12.50 pass @hrp LMR cai & tune Teambaddass

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very impressive. Ill have to catch the vid when I get home.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by BADD *** VHO
Show me of a vid of someone doing a 111mph pass on a track in this weather in a production car..all i see on youtube is anywhere from 106mph to 109mph.motor trend and the other mags all used pre production cars and were in 30 deg.plus weather...
simmer down. i was gonna say motortrend ran 111mph. you should have ran a before and after, otherwise it's meaningless. run the car, then put it back to stock and run it again. that will tell you if it really helped or not.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

We did do that on our shop car. I belive we picked up 3-4 MPH
Old 05-31-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by big hammer
simmer down. i was gonna say motortrend ran 111mph. you should have ran a before and after, otherwise it's meaningless. run the car, then put it back to stock and run it again. that will tell you if it really helped or not.
12.50 pass with my mod's is meaningless..lol...i dont care what it runs stock i care what is going to run when im done...its not going back stock it just has a mild tune and cai....i know what you meant and thats why i said it was 30deg. plus weather on a pre production car ...look @ what real people on real tracks are running...
Old 06-01-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by big hammer
111 mph is around what they run stock... one would almost chalk the good time up to good driving rather than the mods...
Go check other 5th generation boards. Seems like the average mph on stock cars is 106mph from board members posting up times.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Did you run on the stock tires or slicks and what psi did you have the tires set at? I plan on heading out next week with my A6. I hope to nail that 60' time as best as I can.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BADD *** VHO
12.50 pass with my mod's is meaningless..lol...i dont care what it runs stock i care what is going to run when im done...its not going back stock it just has a mild tune and cai....i know what you meant and thats why i said it was 30deg. plus weather on a pre production car ...look @ what real people on real tracks are running...
OK, I don't know much about tuning, but do you know if the shop that tuned your car removed any torque management from the ECM? Just wondering how much difference that might have made. One of the original comments I read was saying that the computer closes the throttle down to 27% during shifts, just curious if you guys over rode that or if you noticed it.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rayhawk
OK, I don't know much about tuning, but do you know if the shop that tuned your car removed any torque management from the ECM? Just wondering how much difference that might have made. One of the original comments I read was saying that the computer closes the throttle down to 27% during shifts, just curious if you guys over rode that or if you noticed it.
I believe the torque management is only on the automatic transmission vehicles.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toehead93
Did you run on the stock tires or slicks and what psi did you have the tires set at? I plan on heading out next week with my A6. I hope to nail that 60' time as best as I can.
stock tire's and never checked the air pressure. 30+lbs probably
Old 06-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chrisdacarnut
I believe the torque management is only on the automatic transmission vehicles.
Wish I could find where I read it, when Nineball ran the car (M6), he said something about leaving the throttle on the floor while shifting and the ecm still reduced the throttle down to 27%. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, just wondering if they found any parameters for torque management in the factory tune.

Quick Reply: 12.50 pass @hrp LMR cai & tune Teambaddass