Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

New 5th Gen Record - 11.549 @ 120.6

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allenwesley
and LMR did NOT run a 12.50 with a cai and a tune! i was at the track watching them run it and they had no chance off breaking into the 12's! and its not like the car gradually got quicker as the putt on the cool air intake on and tuning it, if i remember correctly one off their for faster runs was one off their first funs off the night....
You are right about our car, but a customer that we have been working with did run 12.5's. You say that our car didn't get progressively faster with the CAI and tune, but you sir are WRONG https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...camaro-ss.html

As this old thread shows the progression. That night the car had less that 100 miles on it and we didn't want to smoke the clutch just yet. Hell the disc wasnt even seated yet. It doesnt bother me much what someone said about us in a video. The results that we produce speak for us. I know that if those guys want to race us we would be more than happy to put another win under our belt. I cant belive that the mods are even letting this thread go due to the fact that dumdumdum isnt even a paying sponsor on this site.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GoldRust
You are right about our car, but a customer that we have been working with did run 12.5's. You say that our car didn't get progressively faster with the CAI and tune, but you sir are WRONG https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...camaro-ss.html

As this old thread shows the progression. That night the car had less that 100 miles on it and we didn't want to smoke the clutch just yet. Hell the disc wasnt even seated yet. It doesnt bother me much what someone said about us in a video. The results that we produce speak for us. I know that if those guys want to race us we would be more than happy to put another win under our belt. I cant belive that the mods are even letting this thread go due to the fact that dumdumdum isnt even a paying sponsor on this site.

what difference does it make if they are a sponsor or not?? its not like they are in here stirring up anything. this thread was made to show the new record that was set by owen and dumdumdum. should the mods close all the threads of guys setting new records???
Old 06-09-2009, 10:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

If you had to pay the money that us and all the sponsors to the right do every month you would care. I think it is great that owen will have a record for a short period of time. Have you listened to the first part of the video. That might be considered stirring a little.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

yeah i heard the video, how does some guy saying something in a video, mean owen and a.r.d is in here stirring up a little? either way, aside from that. i think we are all looking forward to seeing what all the shops are gonna do to try and set a new record...
Old 06-09-2009, 12:24 PM
AGH
Staging Lane

That car did not go faster every pass. The second pass was faster than the first, but the 3rd pass was SLOWER that the 2nd. So, whatever you did between the 2nd and 3rd pass was not good. After the 3rd pass the car did get go faster each pass. I videoed the first five passes on the car.

Anyway, Owen rules right now.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AGH
That car did not go faster every pass. The second pass was faster than the first, but the 3rd pass was SLOWER that the 2nd. So, whatever you did between the 2nd and 3rd pass was not good. After the 3rd pass the car did get go faster each pass. I videoed the first five passes on the car.

Anyway, Owen rules right now.

It is a six speed car. Might have went back out and just ran inconsistently..... You should know about that since you put a TH350 in your car.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say congrats on a great pass on a car that has only been out for a few months. It took a lot longer for the 98's to hit that kind of time even with the weight advantage. Best time will drop into the 10s shortly and the 9s by the end of the year.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Is that with driver??? Either way that car is one helluva pig!
My WS6 with a half tank of gas, otherwise stock weighed 3580.

Anyways when somebody posts a thread like this make sure you get all the facts and conditions and elevations. That would seriously clear up soooooo much.
With that said, take the car back when it cools and run it again. Only picking up maybe 10 mph with all that work is sad.
I have to agree, all that done to it and it is picking up about 10 mph.
People call the new Challenger a pig, and the GT 500 a pig, but the
new Camaro weights just about the same as those.
Look at times that GT 500s are running.
Blame the suspension (IRS), Cobras still run better times with irs.
Like others have said I guess, give it time and see how it progresses.

I just would have expected better with what was done.
At full weight it is a pig.
you really can't call the GT500 and Challenger a pig for their weight without
calling the 5th gen. a pig also.
just my $.02.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:59 PM
9 Second Club

Weak!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigBronco
It is a six speed car. Might have went back out and just ran inconsistently..... You should know about that since you put a TH350 in your car.
so do you know AGH or did you see one off his post on inspector.ws about how he was putting in a turbo 350, because he doesn’t like the m6? Just curious if we know you? lol
i had noticed you live in houston...
Old 06-09-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1x2
People can sit on the internet and poke at the car all they want. It is the fastest 1 out there right now. It will definitely be going faster, and it will take a serious build to beat it.
WOW! damn dude. thats suprising. it'll take a SERIOUS build to beat it? well it just barley beat hennesy who just slapped an S/C on the car, and this is a simple bolt on/mild cam car with some nitrous. ANYONE could replicate these times with a back yard build.

can the car go faster? OBVIOUSLY. the combo clearly isnt working.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kmracer
WOW! damn dude. thats suprising. it'll take a SERIOUS build to beat it? well it just barley beat hennesy who just slapped an S/C on the car, and this is a simple bolt on/mild cam car with some nitrous. ANYONE could replicate these times with a back yard build.

can the car go faster? OBVIOUSLY. the combo clearly isnt working.
obviously the combo is working if its the fastest one so far.....
Old 06-10-2009, 06:01 AM
11 Second Club

I cant belive that the mods are even letting this thread go due to the fact that dumdumdum isnt even a paying sponsor on this site.
That attitude is one of the reasons this place has gone under. Everyone knows you sponsors pay alot of money, but this was started as a community. If there is a faster car that is not a sponsor of this site, should it be whispered about in pms?

When there is a better product that is not a sponsor, boom in come the mods to delete and make word filters.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1_T/A
i've got a cam and a spare nitrous kit someone can borrow if they want to go out and break the record next weekend. come by the house and i'll even put it on so yall will stop swinging from his nuts.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
I thought GM did everything right with this car performance wise, and it's the best looking domestic car on the road, IMO.

But, these numbers are seriously starting to dishearten me.

I bet those nutswingers at Camaro5 are all like, "Wow, this is the coolest run evar!" If there's a 10 page thread over there, I bet there's not five people who said, "That time sucks."
Some people are so close to the trees that they cannot see the forest. For the power, it is a crappy time, weight is definitly having an impact.

A 2010 Camaro that runs a time that is on par with a 4th gen given the same hp level, that 2010 Camaro will be very far away from stock where as the 4th gen will be considered "slightly" modified.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by proporio
you really can't call the GT500 and Challenger a pig for their weight without
calling the 5th gen. a pig also.
Yep they're the three little pigs and the Corvette is the big bad wolf. Sorry, I couldn't resist
Old 06-10-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1_T/A

this cars got potential, but it obviously needs work.. why no 60' time?
Old 06-11-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Veteran

thread.current == retarded.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WEAK sauce if you ask me.. These camaro's just can't seem to impress me. Only thing good about them is the looks. Everything else blows *****.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly, who cares who has the fastest time so far? The car just came out... 11.549 is really not that impressive with a 200 shot. Now if it ran that stock, I'd really be impressed.

Just wait 'til Hennesey finishes their LS9 swap and then see that time. Granted it's a completely new drivetrain.. but it will crush any standing record up until the time it runs.

Quick Reply: New 5th Gen Record - 11.549 @ 120.6