Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

So, I bought one of them thar Camero's

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

drag bags would be easiest.....best bang for the buck really, but since its a coilover....looks like air ride would work wonders.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Awww, he isn't that bad. 427C5 has been around for several years, he always has that matter-of-fact demeanor about himself. I've grown used to it, no biggie. Bet he gets a chuckle out of that resume too. Lets play nice folks!

That resume starts with a 9 second daily driven 306ci/T-rim in the early 1990's. I've been building toys since way before the internet. I was very active in the mailing list days before everyone had enough bandwidth for forums.
My 1st GM was a Craig Gallant built 383ci nitrous LT1. I could get myself in trouble if I list anymore of my cars. So...., I'll digress.

If you've been around almost as long as I have, you'll remember I was the one who tried to warn the LSx community of Dave Inall. If some of you would have listened to me back then, it would have saved you all $100,000.

Maybe I'm worth listening to now ?????

Nutswinger?
Noob?
Bench Racer?

Let's just say I like to keep a little anonymity online and leave it at that.

Last edited by 427C5; 06-16-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly you have said that more than a few times and you are still trying to shove techco down the OPs and everyone elses throat. you dont get, if they dont want to embrace it with open arms like you did, then you try to beat it in them?

oh wait....now I had better stop talking before i get myself in trouble.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gectek
oh wait....now I had better stop talking before i get myself in trouble.
Sorry if I give that impression. It's not my intent.

Originally Posted by gectek
you are still trying to shove techco down the OPs and everyone elses throat.
Pretty soon Techco's will be selling themselves. I'm confident it will be the blower to beat for the Camaro due to it's design and the Camaro's curb weight.
If you don't believe me, just take a look all the specs for yourself.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

427 makes valid points......
Old 06-17-2009, 04:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bjamick
Please go out and destroy the 11.58 time PLEASE!! The poor nutswingers think that is just flying for 600rwhp.
The people to do it will be Nitro Dave. AKA Nitrous Outlet. Dave, Skizzy and Ray, out there in waco are gunna do it. HELL OR HIGH WATER... MARK MY WORDS 9's anyone???

Btw 427 does make a good point but so what.... he made his point so why not just stop.... someone stated before me. it is his car, his money let him do what he wants.. hell he could rip the motor out and put in a big mouse and a huge wheel in it and try to run it down that track..... WHO CARES ITS HIS!!!

I will be following the build on it and giving my input.

Nuf Said
Old 06-17-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i hate to keep this thread going off topic, but if you believe the propoganda that kenne bell has about the differences in the "roots" style blowers and a TVS blower, then IF the techco turns in reverse, then that means that it forces the air around the rotors and compresses it against the outside of the case, meaning it is a roots style blower and NOT a twin screw, showing that it is less efficient by proxy.

that is IF you believe everything you read of course. because their site has more typos and incorrect information than actual facts and product/pictures or even a real explanation of the s/c itself

link:
http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ge...romcatalog.pdf

Quick Reply: So, I bought one of them thar Camero's