Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Camaro SS VS Shelby GT500 - 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts

I am looking forward to the 2011 Camaro SS vs 2011 Mustang GT comparison. SS to GT500, wrong comparison as GM is not building a Camaro in that market range quite yet. Already said, but IF GM makes a Z28, that would probably be the best competitor to the GT500.

Just my $0.02.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blown4.6
I think a fair comparison will be the 2011 gt with the new 400hp motor. However it will still be a few grand less than the camaro.
It will be a fair comparison when it is released. But right now the fair thing to do is to compare it to its current options. Comaparing it to a car that cost 16k more is just not right. Because its not an option for someone who can only afford a 30k dollar car. So its stupid to compare it. They only compared it to that car to shut up a few whiney cry baby mustang fans. To be fair, Lets compare it to the hennesee Camaro.

Whenthe new Mustang is released with 400+ ponies, that will make it a fair comparison.But without it being a currnt option it does not make sense to compare the 2. Your sig makes it obvious you are completely partial.

With that being said, That Mustang is one sweet *** car! Looks great and has gobs of power.

Is it worth the price? Thats subjective. for that kind of money its not really all that impressive but the car itself is awesome, imo.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
The test guy should have pussed out in the GT500 even more than he did. Make all the GM guys feel really good about themselves.........especially the guy I saw at the track the other night who couldn't manage better than a 13.7 in his shiny new SS.
I have seen guys who could not get a 13.9 out of a Dodge Viper. What was this guys new ss trapping?
Old 07-26-2009, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by matt1289
Give the 2010 SS camaro the same amount of boost and see who wins lol or just swap the cam lol. Even better drop the $16k in the SS Camaro and that would be funny.
16k in a Camaro SS would make put it WAY ahead of the Cobra. The Mustang is making due with a aging mill.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jb7241986
the funniest part is that ford motors need superchargers to make torque. ford sucks. **** that.
Ford is making due with what they have. They are obviusly doing well with that otherwise they would have been asking for money to stay afloat.

They dont " Need" a supercharger to make as much power. They have the potential to build engines with as much potential/power. They are doing what is financially pheasable. Its not that they lack the talent to build such an engine. Its just doing what makes the most sense from their standpoint. They dont have a corvette to share the cost of building the same engines as Chevy.They dont build near as many cars using the same technical designs. They have less to divide their research from so they do what they feel is most responsible with the money. And while I prefer F-body cars I love Mustangs and think that Ford has done an exceptional Job in keeping the competitive in a market where the competition has more power,goes faster and gets better MPG. Kudos to Ford!

The thing I hate the most about the Mustang is not the engine. It is the fact that they still use 5 speed Manuals. WTF? It's 2009 Ford!

Ford Actually makes great cars. I own 2 Fords.