[VR] 707-rwhp 1LE with just 3 mods! - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

[VR] 707-rwhp 1LE with just 3 mods!

Old 08-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Talking [VR] 707-rwhp 1LE with just 3 mods!

That's right... 1 week worth of work, 3 simple modifications, and a solid tuneup took this awesome 1LE from a 2,000 mile stocker to a serious street machine!

This beauty came to us from Alabama with just 2,000 miles on the odometer and Ron, our great customer, wanted us to take it to the next level, but wasn't interested in tearing the 1LE down for a long time. After carefully going over Ron's goals, we set a plan in motion that would include a blower, a camshaft, and a set of long-tube headers. We knew it would make big power, but we didn't expect it to make quite this much!

Seriously, just three modifications were made and the entire project was completed in less than a week. What could be easier?!

We'll let the results speak for themselves:

707RWHP and 636RWTQ!

Mustangs, get used to this view...

And here's the front, just so they know what it looks like...

Video:

3 mods, 300+ horsepower, and a week's worth of work! Call us today to learn more. :eyebulge:
David@Vengeance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #3

Those are awesome numbers for the mods! What needs to be done fuel system-wise to support 700+?

The 2014 1LE's really look great.
ScreaminRedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ View Post
Those are awesome numbers for the mods! What needs to be done fuel system-wise to support 700+?

The 2014 1LE's really look great.
The 1LE comes equipped with a ZL1 fuel pump from the factory which is more than enough to support this power level when paired with the supplied ECS injectors (60lb/hr). We have another customer who had a similar build done recently and added methanol to achieve 740rwhp on the same combination. We can now pulley down later and have the methanol supplement the necessary octane and keep IAT's down.
David@Vengeance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:42 AM   #5
Shorty Director

Very impressive!!!! Good choice of mods for sure!! I would add the meth kit regardless.
VINCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
Teching In

Those are some great numbers! I'm sure he will be surprising a lot of mustangs now.
1FAST07SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:44 AM   #8
Teching In

Nice....
frcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:37 PM   #9

So, the rest of the 1LE engine parts, trans, and suspension support this much horsepower? I have the same car with the same mods, except for the supercharger.
Racer Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:08 PM   #10

Define Support. Are you talking about daily or for drag/dig racing?
TheInfamouSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfamouSS1LE View Post
Define Support. Are you talking about daily or for drag/dig racing?
Sorry, should of been more specific. Mine is a daily driver, but I will also take it to the drag strip once every couple of months or so.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #12

For the daily part you should be fine as long as you don't gun it everywhere (which is hard to do when you have that installed). As with most power adders, the best things to do would be subframe/diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods, clutch, and axels, especially if you plan on taking it to the drag strip.

And then more than likely your biggest problem after that would be the rear diff. Which is a common problem for most SS cars (1LE or not). Most people go with a 9" or a ZL1 rear. A lot of people go with the Eaton TruTrac as well. As with any power adder, you are going to have to make sure that everything is accounted for, because it will find the weak link in the system and it will break. I am going to end up going with a ZL1 rear/axels with a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft to start and then go from there. It is a cheaper route, and plenty of people have had much success with the ZL1 rear diff up to 1000 horsepower.

Im not too positive as far as the whole daily driver part is concerned. I am sure someone else would be able to chime in on this. I just know that I can't help but drive my car hard, and want it to be a mostly drag strip car so I want to make sure I have my car set up to handle it.
TheInfamouSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:54 PM   #13

Thanks for the info. I found this site showing all the stock parts for my particular year and make: http://www.zl1registry.com/1le-specs.php