Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Gen 5 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LTSpeed
Just like the PT Cruiser, the 'stangs sales are dropping off pretty rapidly. Same for the 300C. This was not the case when the LT1/LS1 came out. Their sales declined slowly over a long time because they didn't look dated so quickly. Heck, they still look fresh today! I'd be happy if they'd just pick up where the 2002 left off--just reduce the body gaps from 1/4-1/2" down to 1/8" like the Japanese and Europeans and lighten the inertia of the drivetrain to rev faster/higher.
But unlike the PT Cruiser, the 'rustang sales #'s will likely stabilize and maintain. A lot has to do with the economy.

Regardless, it still has to either appeal to the masses or like the vette, have a significant cult following. Just don't see the latter happening but who knows?
Old 12-16-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the pics are all over the mustang forums. i was searching for the pics as i hadnt seen them, but i found them on the mustang sites as the "craparo" that is "hideous".. I think some 4.6 owners are jealous Maybe someone should tip off GM. I hope i dont get in trouble for this... http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...-pictures.html

olly
Old 12-17-2005, 04:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Quote:

Boy, those Mustang guys sure live in their own little worlds. I don't want to get beat up by the next gen Camaro either, so I'll either buy one or keep building up mine. Either way, the Mustangs boys gotta be sweating bricks.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:30 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Z/28
Quote:

Boy, those Mustang guys sure live in their own little worlds. I don't want to get beat up by the next gen Camaro either, so I'll either buy one or keep building up mine. Either way, the Mustangs boys gotta be sweating bricks.
My brother is a Mustang guy. When I mentioned the new Camaro, it's the first time he's not cringed. I think he's interested in seeing it just about as much as I am...We're planning on going up to the Detroit Auto Show again this year, so I'm looking forward to seeing the concept in person.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Vomit.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

You know what's funny. The Mustang is a 2 door passenger car. I'll save that for another discussion though.

I liked how the pics had LS1Tech on them. HAh!
Old 12-18-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

quoted from some guy
those pictures are older than dirt, seems like i saw those pics in the 90s, highly doubt it will look like that

Duuuummmmbbbbaaaassssssss

those guys are gonna **** themselves when it comes out and they give their little revs at it and get their asses handed to them...wait they already do
Old 12-25-2005, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm anxious to see waht it looks like, but i dont see how there is any way GM would put the LS7 in the car, there were never any engine options for the 4th gen v8 fbodies, well except for the few LT4's but its not like all SS's were LT4's and LS6's vs z28's being LS1's, I just dont see GM doing that, i bet anything that it will be the same motor for the Z28 for the SS, and the SS again will pretty much be an appearance package, maybe like a 385 horse 5.3, or an LS2 which i think is more likely, but no 17,000 LS7, its too much dough
Old 12-27-2005, 02:29 AM
12 Second Club

I found the pics a couple days before everyone was ordered to take them down, good thing I saved them on my comp. I think the concept looks awesome, and will only need some minor tweaking.

I've got my plane ticket to Detroit and hotel reservation all lined up. I'll be seeing the concept Camaro live and in person! OMG I can't wait! Hopefully I'll get to visit an assembly plant or two while i'm there.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Well ill be buying one regardless i kinda like the way it looks like other people said its not a def deal in the pics im just glad they are going to make it again
Old 12-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Launching!

I'm not completely sold on the model in the pix, but it'll probably change before it comes out. We'll see at the unvieling in Jan, I guess?

Either way, I don't understand how Mustang guys live in such denial?!? Outside of the 03-04 Cobras, I've NEVER had a problem with a street-Stang. Sure, people can build up something that's track only... ****, I know a guy with a 9-second Civic, but the AVERAGE Mustang is just a nuecance more than a contender, even with the F-bodies being dead for the past 3 years!

I mean, I beat up on 05's all day long! Maybe these guys keep running into bog-stock V6's? Maybe they've dumped tons in their 4.6's and hung with a stock/bolt-on LT1?

And as for them thinking the concept is ugly... well, it looks very similar to the 05 Stang to me. Maybe if it was unvieled as Ford's new 07 Mustang Cobra, they'd be LOVIN' IT!
Old 12-31-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
GM should have some designers spend some time on this forum (Anonymous) and get a feel for what enthusiasts are hungry for.
People from GM are looking at this site and many others. But they aren't always the ones in charge. Also, when you have to work on a specific task you can't change another part of the car. Or maybe the person on that task doesn't like your suggestion and it never gets changed. It is hard for one person to change it all.

People in upper management will also decide that the car will be built to operate this way and you can't change that even if you don't like it.

Anyways, I know people from GM look at these sites. One day one of my dad's friends who worked in GMPT commented he saw pictures of my car online.

Quick Reply: Gen 5 Camaro