Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

ACTUAL auto show concept camaro picture!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it, the front needs a bit of reworking but overall, I give it an A-. Where can i find the vid?
Old 01-07-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

right here...

click for video
Old 01-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Teching In

I'm a bit disappointed. It looks just like the clay from last month .......I hope the actual show car has something else going for it ( paint / wheels / etc )
Old 01-07-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Does it have a trunk? What could you put in it if it does? Looks like it would be a pretty small opening.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

challenger better? that beast of a bloated car? the front looks good, but the side is *yawn* and the rear is *bleh*.. this camaro concept is stunning... this will be my very first new car purchase.. after the leaked pics i made the decision to stop spending money on my current car, and save up for the next camaro.. this seals the deal.. i don't regret that decision one bit.. i hope i'm not jumping the gun, i pray to God this thing will be well received by the general public enough for it to make production.. judging by the reaction on enthusiast boards.. i'm a little nervous on that front
Old 01-08-2006, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Im mixed on it for now. I hope it will grow on me. I think Mopar has it beat in looks
Old 01-08-2006, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FireStorm
i pray to God this thing will be well received by the general public
You better pray to god a HEMI CHALLENGER doesn't pull up next to you

J/K. Good luck with the purchase
Old 01-08-2006, 01:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by '93 LT1
You better pray to god a HEMI CHALLENGER doesn't pull up next to you

J/K. Good luck with the purchase

hah.. in this corner! Hemi Challenger, with it's 425HP and 4100 curb weight vs the Camaro Z28.. 400HP 3800 (high estimate) curb weight.. who will win!.. damn good question.. seriously though... can 25hp make up for the size difference?

Camaro:
110.5" Wheelbase
186.2" Length

Challenger:
116.5" Wheelbase
197.8" Length

(i did not create that image, just linking it from another site)
Old 01-08-2006, 02:00 AM
On The Tree

I like it. I'll buy it if the opportunity presents itself in the future. Besides, a LS2 option is practically certain. Which in itself kicks ***. I'd much rather have a LSx in my car than the new HEMI.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:07 AM
Launching!

IMO, they either need to do a blatent 1st gen retro concept that would get as much buzz as the 05 Mustang concept had. Or what GM did to the Corvette ..... a few subtle retro cues but not really retro at all ......... they did neither of that ....... i have a feeling this will be a flop ....... least theres still a GTO within the price range

back to the drawing board and maybe come out with a a 2011 Camaro concept
Old 01-08-2006, 02:44 AM
On The Tree

I like it overall, but it still could look a bit different from looking back at past concept vehicles.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:53 AM
11 Second Club

From this

to this

I will certainly be keeping my 4th gen. Retro is a fad and no one will care in 09. Hopefully GM realizes that and does the same thing with the Camaro that they did with the Vette.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:28 AM
Launching!

When you put it like that, I'd rather step into an 02 catfish when I'm done with my 97 than an 09 "Camaro"
Old 01-08-2006, 04:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like the hood, the retro side windows and the flared quarter panels. I totally dislike the front grille, It has 3rd Gen Camaro, 2nd Gen Pontiac and Cadillac all mixed into one. In my opinion, round headlights would look much nicer then the inlayed headlights and all of us who owned an LT1 camaro and later an LS1 know how much better we can see with the Catfish look. I think it will grow on me, and of course an SS model may be the ticket, but it does need some refining. Im happy to see it coming back, but considering what i own, im content for now.

Oh yeah, how much of that LS2 is underneathe the cowling?? If i could have access to an LS2 similar to the access found in a GTO, that would be a big plus!
Old 01-08-2006, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

I'm very impressed with what they've done so far. In fact, I'd accept the car as is. As far as the "egg crate" grille observation goes, I said the same thing when I first looked at it. After seeing the vid and the full frontal view I liked it better. Keep in mind that this is just one version. I wanna see an SS!!!!! No matter what the finished product looks like the aftermarket suppliers will flood the market with styling mods so everyone can personalize it. I think they hit a home run on this one. Challenger???? I like it, but I like the Camaro a TON better. That overlay does a really good job showing why.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Teching In

You guys that don't like it are smoking crack. The interior from the video is a concept drawing, not the real thing. Wait for people to get pics from the autoshow to draw final conclusions. The tail is a little too much like the vette for my tastes. Keep in mind this is a concept....the final body will look a little different. I like it and will also own one Rock on General...you got this one right.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:49 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Man, I can't believe some of you guys dislike this car. Just for a moment, forget what name is on the car and how pissed off you are that GM killed the f-body. Take a look at the pics and video of that car, and understand that it is a LSX powered V8 coupe with rear wheel drive, and that it looks aggressive as hell. What isn't to like about it? I'd drive the hell out of that car as-is. Grilles and such can be swapped out by the aftermarket products anyways.

For all we know, you could be looking at the V6 base model in those pics. The Z28 or the SS could get even nicer grilles, lights, wheels, spoilers, paint schemes, etc...

You guys are being too critical, and are starting to sound like Corvette owners
Old 01-08-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

i think since they are both concepts now that they will both change alot befor they are released, and then i will make the decision on which looks better. I am truly glad that GM brought the camaro back
Old 01-08-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Regular

couldn't find the video coverage...any help please
Old 01-08-2006, 09:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Man, I can't believe some of you guys dislike this car. Just for a moment, forget what name is on the car and how pissed off you are that GM killed the f-body. Take a look at the pics and video of that car, and understand that it is a LSX powered V8 coupe with rear wheel drive, and that it looks aggressive as hell. What isn't to like about it? I'd drive the hell out of that car as-is. Grilles and such can be swapped out by the aftermarket products anyways.

For all we know, you could be looking at the V6 base model in those pics. The Z28 or the SS could get even nicer grilles, lights, wheels, spoilers, paint schemes, etc...

You guys are being too critical, and are starting to sound like Corvette owners
Talk about hitting the nail right on the head. The more I look at the pictures and especially watch the video I'm begining to love this concept. You guys crack me up. You bitch about being too retro and how retro is but when they modernize it and make altogether something new you bitch its not retro enough. How does the 4th gen have any retro cues, it was originally a knockoff of the NSX but you guys love your current rides right? What you should do is keep bitching like school girls so GM doesnt build us anything. If I wanted a car that looked like a 69 I would buy a 69. I want a modern RWD LSx powered v8 coupe (preferably SS option with the LS7 GM) just like the ford guys have. And those talking about the Challenger showing the camaro its taillights put the pipe down. That car is very nice indeed but will be a fat pig. Hell look at its platform mates ie Charger, Magnum and 300C all over 4000 lbs and the GT500 weight was released and its around 3900 lbs. 3500 lbs and atleast 450 hp should do the trick GM.

Last edited by big reg; 01-08-2006 at 10:26 AM.

Quick Reply: ACTUAL auto show concept camaro picture!