Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Daytona pics Bumblebee Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Its Stock!
No offense even though the photographer says he used his cam-phone to take the pics they look fake. Looks like someone learned how to play with photoshop. Like I said no offense, but I have done a decent amount of photo editing myself, although a cam-phone can take some really bad pics that give that effect.
LOL I only wish I could photoshop that good!!! The car was the center attraction Feb 14th - Feb 18th in front of the Daytona Speedway for the Daytona 500. The Chevy display had approx 20 cars/trucks there, including a drift car, and the rolex car, and the Dale Jr concept truck. This car was seen and photographed by approx 250,000 people across the 5 day period. You have to understand that the Daytona 500 is one of chevys biggest marketing expenses, and yes, EVERYONE was there from R & D to the top "C" suite level employees. If you are someone important with Chevy, then you were at the 500.

The pic I took of the description is directly from Chevy (marketing div), and is current as of 2/15. So you might not want to stick to "dated" specs (pre feb 2007), these are the freshest specs out there currently. I quized the chevy tech guys for about 15 min and they wouldnt give up anything other than what ive said previously.

My personal opinion is that now ive seen it (or something close to it) in person, I think it will be more of a equal to the mustang than anything else. It didnt impress me one bit. By the way, the "rotors" are just brake dust covers. Real ones are behind it.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my post about that car with pics and video's.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/660765-2009-new-camaro-pics-vids.html

Here's the video's-

New 2009 Camaro Video!

One more Video

One picture, rest can be seen in the post-

Old 02-23-2007, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Blech to tail lights and 22"s.....
Old 02-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i really don't like it when people act like they know what's going to be on a car. the car's release is nearly 2 years away. you have absolutely no idea what GM will do. you don't know what type of rear end it will have, you don't know what kind of engines they will offer, you don't know the weight, you don't know the design. for all we know, GM could radically change the whole design. after all, GM doesn't have a spotless record of being truthful to the public. all i can say is, it better weigh less than 3700 lbs, have 17-18 inch wheels stock, have a different rear end and PLEASE, no more LS2 or LS7 talk. those two motors don't belong in this car. it's time to move on.
I never said it was fact going by what usually happens with them. Your absolutely right about what GM may or may not do, they could pull the idea of production completely but you never who is reading the boards for R&D because they do read the boards for info and some of them are even active members of a lot of these sites.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Teching In

So keep posting what you think may or may not be in the new car in the long run you may only be helping to get a little of something you want. You know what they say " Think globally not locally." There are a lot of people out in the world that can give an opinion on it and for GM its all free research.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:12 AM
Launching!

I found this pic on the Transformers website and thought it looked cool
Old 02-28-2007, 05:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OctaneZ28
Production Camaro will not have the LS2.

Read here for accurate information:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/gen-5-racing-tech/612178-facts-about-2010-camaro-updated-10-17-2007-a.html

Also, if the Camaro is big and bulky, then the Challenger must be bigger than a tank since it's WAY bigger (and heavier) than the Camaro.
Good Info ^^

Can't wait until some more offical stuff is released.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:07 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

That's pretty cool that Chevrolet is that involved with the movie.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Does anyone have any specs from AFTER 2/19? As you can see in the last pic, GM is saying it will have the LS2. Until someone shows me (with a date) that is has something DIFFERENT, then I am sticking with what GM is ADVERTISING to their potential customers!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Veteran

about the rims/tires. When Saleen was making the car for the movie they did not have enough time to make the rims so they made hubcaps that looked like the rims. Thats why there are no calipers. They were running out of time and Micheal Bay needed the car so they just did that.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
about the rims/tires. When Saleen was making the car for the movie they did not have enough time to make the rims so they made hubcaps that looked like the rims. Thats why there are no calipers. They were running out of time and Micheal Bay needed the car so they just did that.
Since I was standing approx 2 feet from the wheels, i can tell you they were real, there are even pictures from underneath showing the wheel from the inside. You cant see the calipers as there is a fake rotor brake dust cover hiding them. Click the link of pics on post #22 and you can clearly see the inside of the (real) wheels with the fake rotor covers.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Launching!

You can't see through the wheels, so I'm assuming it is a steel wheel with a cover.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Teching In

DOES IT REALLY MATTER.... somebody please next time you take a pic of a prototype stick your hand in between the spoke so we can all see if it goes through, then there wll be no question.LMAO. Also take note of the braking system and record any conversation you have with anyone from GM about the car.LMAO.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Its Stock!
DOES IT REALLY MATTER.... somebody please next time you take a pic of a prototype stick your hand in between the spoke so we can all see if it goes through, then there wll be no question.LMAO. Also take note of the braking system and record any conversation you have with anyone from GM about the car.LMAO.
Oh yeah,,arent you the guy who said I photoshoped the pic?? and it was faked??? LOL that was a good one,,,,,and thank you everyone else who posted real (not photoshopped pics) to back me up!!! There are approx 300 of these cars in the usa and aust. right now,,,,and to think that this camaro will radically change from the 300 they already have built that are amost EXACTLY alike is funny. A "concept" car is usually one, not 300.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Veteran

here is a quote directly from "Hot Rod" Magazine, the November 2006 Issue.
Originally Posted by "Hot Rod" Magazine
Steel wheels with fiberglass hubcaps and phony brakes substitute for the real thing on the Bumblebee Camaro
Are we in disagreement here? your asking me to look at pictures to see a brake cover? However, there is no brake cover. It is a picture of a rim with a hubcap on it from the underside. Your picture doesn't clearly show anything except that it is a rim with a hubcap.

The only thing I can think to imagine, is that you are describing a hubcap. I don't care how close you were, its a hubcap cleverly made to look like a rim, period.

Last edited by phantomzer0; 03-05-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
here is a quote directly from "Hot Rod" Magazine, the November 2006 Issue.

Are we in disagreement here? your asking me to look at pictures to see a brake cover? However, there is no brake cover. It is a picture of a rim with a hubcap on it from the underside. Your picture doesn't clearly show anything except that it is a rim with a hubcap.

The only thing I can think to imagine, is that you are describing a hubcap. I don't care how close you were, its a hubcap cleverly made to look like a rim, period.
Your prob right, I mean the magazine was written in August for the Nov issue, and I saw the car in person in feb. There is no way that Chevy could get their hands on 21" or 22" alum wheels for the camaro in 6 months,,,,,would be too hard for them to aquire. Maybe if it was a toyota,,,,
Old 03-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Teching In

22" wheels??? is GM making camaros or covered wagons?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 97SUPERFORMY
22" wheels??? is GM making camaros or covered wagons?
Too funny,,,I know what you mean, but in person, with the 5 spoke design, they dont look all that bad. The giant "fake rotor slotted" brake dust covers make them look smaller,,,I can imagine if they would have taken the dust covers off, and behind them are the tiny gto rotors, it would have looked terrible. Thats why they keep the brake dust covers on.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like a beast! i cant wait to not have enough money to buy one!
Old 03-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by asuperdave
Oh yeah,,arent you the guy who said I photoshoped the pic?? and it was faked??? LOL that was a good one,,,,,and thank you everyone else who posted real (not photoshopped pics) to back me up!!! There are approx 300 of these cars in the usa and aust. right now,,,,and to think that this camaro will radically change from the 300 they already have built that are amost EXACTLY alike is funny. A "concept" car is usually one, not 300.
Yes I am the guy who said you photoshopped the pics(Your a genius, but you can't read). I also said although some cell phones take bad pics so who knows. Everyone else posted pics of a concept car, one more time, CONCEPT CAR, C-0-N-C-E-P-T-C-A-R, do you think the design team came up with one design and said "Thats good, run with it!" or maybe just maybe in an attempt to gain back popularity they "built" 300 "cars" to send out all over the world so people would gain interest in what GM has to offer again(do you pay attention to stocks, news, or anything else that talked about how GM wasn't puling great numbers). The world is pretty big, 300 hundred cars isn't much when you say world wide and of course there is a lot in Australia, you think thats the only car being tested and hidden there as a CONCEPT CAR.

As far as my last post is concerned I apologize if you took offense to it, honestly. I was actually going to include something to say no offense to whoever posted pics of the concept car. I didn't because I didn't think I needed to my last wasn't really directed at anyone just stated simply next time make note of these little things, GET IT!!!

This isn't directed at anybody or ment to offend(stupid that I even have to write that). A concept car is just that, unfinished idea, so until GM decides exactly what it will have I still haven't seen any definite advertising for whats under the body(which looks great even in the pics posted here). So once again, it doesn't really matter what it is now but keep posting your ideas(good or bad, realistic or not) you never know who is reading your posts.

Remember...
Early 60's....
The Camaro was initially advertised on Top 40 AM radio stations of the day in an attempt to woo the young adult market. Although it was technically a compact car (by the standards of the time), Camaro, soon joined the Mustang with a pony car designation. It may also be classified as an intermediate touring car, a sports car, or a muscle car.
Though the car's name was contrived with no meaning, GM researchers reportedly found the word in a French dictionary as a slang term for "friend" or "companion." In some automotive periodicals before official release, it was code-named "Panther," however, the project designation for the Camaro was XP-836 and some early GM photos show the final Camaro body labeled "Chaparral." Automotive press asked Chevrolet product managers "What is a Camaro?", and were told it was "a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs". The name conveniently fit Chevrolet's "C" naming structure that included Corvair, Chevelle, Chevy II, and Corvette.

Today....
On 10 August, 2006, GM Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner announced that GM will build an all-new version of the Chevrolet Camaro muscle car based on the award-winning concept that debuted at the Detroit auto show. The all-new Camaro will begin with early production versions at the end of 2008 and will go on sale in the first quarter of 2009. The Camaro Convertible is expected to go into production about a year later. The Camaro will be rear wheel drive, have an independent rear suspension, be offered with both V6 and V8 engines, and have available automatic and manual transmissions. Pricing has not been officially announced. (I don't know about anyone else but this definitely says it will be built, some of what it will have, but yet nothing real specific).
HERES THE LINK IN CASE ANYONE DIDN'T KNOW WHERE I GOT MY INFO....

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...74&docid=27934

and...

http://www.reference.com/search?r=13&q=Camaro

Peace, my friends and fellow Camaro owners, I'm not trying to make enemies just voicing an opinion like everyone else, thats what a forum is for.

Quick Reply: Daytona pics Bumblebee Camaro