Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Daytona pics Bumblebee Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Its Stock!
21 or 22's will be offered as an aftermarket option through the dealer. Stock it will come with 17f/18r or 18f/19r(more than likely) they just haven't decided on that yet. The car in the pic is just a movie car and thats it. No offense even though the photographer says he used his cam-phone to take the pics they look fake. Looks like someone learned how to play with photoshop. Like I said no offense, but I have done a decent amount of photo editing myself, although a cam-phone can take some really bad pics that give that effect.
OH YEAH IS THIS THE POST YOU REFFERED TO....read on!
Old 03-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Teching In

21 or 22's will be offered as an aftermarket option through the dealer. Stock it will come with 17f/18r or 18f/19r(more than likely) they just haven't decided on that yet. The car in the pic is just a movie car and thats it. No offense even though the photographer says he used his cam-phone to take the pics they look fake. Looks like someone learned how to play with photoshop. Like I said no offense, but I have done a decent amount of photo editing myself, although a cam-phone can take some really bad pics that give that effect.
OH YEAH IS THIS THE POST YOU REFFERED TO....read on!
Like I said no offense(mentioned twice) and the barf was in reference to horrible cell phones pics.....blah blah blah....I'll take another swing at the horse not quite dead yet......
Old 03-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Teching In

just hurry up and build the damn thing before im to old to drive idont understand the big delay ??????????????
Old 03-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vitamanz
just hurry up and build the damn thing before im to old to drive idont understand the big delay ??????????????
Maybe they are just trying to build the hype, hopefully they won't drag it out to long and people start losing interest. The Challenger is going to be tuff competition.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by OctaneZ28
Production Camaro will not have the LS2.

Read here for accurate information:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/gen-5-racing-tech/612178-facts-about-2010-camaro-updated-10-17-2007-a.html

Also, if the Camaro is big and bulky, then the Challenger must be bigger than a tank since it's WAY bigger (and heavier) than the Camaro.
good facts, seems like a lot of people arent checking out that link. maybe you should also mention the movie prop cars
Old 03-08-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

LOL....I saw this car in person at the 500 myself. There is no photochopping going on there. That was the color, the wheels etc... I've looked at about as many pictures of the new Camaro as a sane person could, and was kind of on the fence about it. It looked good, but not great, especially the rear. Well, in person, it was just amazing! All the proportions are just right...and even the rear looked great.

Really guys, try to reserve judgement until you see it in person...it really does look sharp!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These pictures form Daytona are not photoshop pics., thats the actual color and wheels on the car. Some more pics from my post-

Underneath-

Old 03-09-2007, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FireStorm
good facts, seems like a lot of people arent checking out that link. maybe you should also mention the movie prop cars
The movie cars (like the bumblebee) pictured, are not props, they are real, run, and drive. If you cant tell from looking at the pics of the undercarriage, then I dont know what other proof you need. No, the bumblebee is not going to be a production car,,,,but its still a current "real" camaro (one of 300 driving around)!!!!

I know alot of you want to believe there will be massive changes before the car is produced, but think about how long it takes to retool the plants, design production machines, mfg and stock electronics, train and hire workers, and all of the TENS OF MILLIONS OF THINGS THAT HAS TO BE DONE BEFORE THE CAR IS ROLLED OUT TO THE PUBLIC. I believe that most of it has already started, so to change things now is really not thinking like a car maker, is it? And yes, at the most current car show last week (march) , GM is still advertising the LS2 will be the v8 engine. Like the other guy in the thread said, please look at it in person.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

It looks sharp, but I can already imagine the kinds of unfortunate things some people are going to do to it with ground fx, ect.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome color combo.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

Nice! Thx for the pics and all the good info everyone!

Quick Reply: Daytona pics Bumblebee Camaro