Old 05-11-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3500 lbs but HUD and Nav as options though

W
Old 05-11-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Oh, and I like the idea of engine sizes on the side of the car...they should be in cubic inches though!!! Then again having them in litres may impress the ricertards and convert them from the darkside. Engine size in litres may also help it sell well in Europe. I have seen a few of them over there. Tis an odd sight to see your car in Paris (sans the weird mirrors and fog lights).

W
Old 05-11-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Matte Black with shiny black rims should be offered.

W
Old 05-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nssane
maybe it's just me, but i would like a special maybe limited edition camaro that is a replica of the bumblebee camaro from the new transformers movie.

Good idea,
I would buy one with those colors. I also agree with some other posters as far as please dont make it too heavy 3500+ etc and have an optional motor such as 427 with at least 425+ hp (to compare to the Dodge charger SRT-8) without being over 40k . I mean base price on a 400hp corvette is only about 44k i believe so it just may not work out too well at over 40k. I would def. pay 35+k for a high hp engine /package and some nice options. Also work with tuners like Ford does with saleen, shelby, or make it easier and offer a kickass top package similar to saleen/shelby, etc right off the showroom floor. Offer dealer installed gm performance parts without losing warranty maybe. Only thing i'm worried about with a top package though is price would be in corvette territory and most people would chose the vette.And last but not least offer a standard tranny !!! none of this paddle shift whatever crap auto junk.
Thanks
Old 05-12-2007, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mrbowtie26
Good idea,
I would buy one with those colors. I also agree with some other posters as far as please dont make it too heavy 3500+ etc and have an optional motor such as 427 with at least 425+ hp (to compare to the Dodge charger SRT-8) without being over 40k . I mean base price on a 400hp corvette is only about 44k i believe so it just may not work out too well at over 40k. I would def. pay 35+k for a high hp engine /package and some nice options. Also work with tuners like Ford does with saleen, shelby, or make it easier and offer a kickass top package similar to saleen/shelby, etc right off the showroom floor. Offer dealer installed gm performance parts without losing warranty maybe. Only thing i'm worried about with a top package though is price would be in corvette territory and most people would chose the vette.And last but not least offer a standard tranny !!! none of this paddle shift whatever crap auto junk.
Thanks
Oh yes, I'd love to see Callaway and Lingenfelter be to the Camaro like Roush and Saleen are to the Mustang!
Old 05-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Teching In

I hope the aftermarket will blow the roof off with massive amounts of potential to be had, ect!
Old 05-12-2007, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its funny what most of you list. If GM were to include all the named parts, there would be no aftermarket parts for it.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Banned

Dealers and GM Performance Parts were never on the same page. Near the end of the Camaro SLP was the answer for performance parts that included a warranty. Perhaps the answer is to allow dealers to sell and install performance parts for the new Camaro. GM has done this with the Cobalt. They also have established accessories for trucks suv's etc sold and installed through the dealers. I also hope there is one model, similar to Corvettes Z06 for the new Camaro. Weight will be a key factor. On the flip side of that though is normally the cost goes up also.

Why GM two doors aren't popular as some of the Jap cars are? I was once very heavy in J-Body. GM 4 bangers. Way before GM figured out they were missing a big market. GM never went after the small car market. There was no Jap car automatic in the US on street tires that ever beat my Z24... I was thrown out of Club Si or something like that several times for posting that fact. I raced once at a Compact Nationals even. No automatic Jap car was able to dial my et and run it. I won the first J-Body quick 8. Eventually GM built a reliable 4. Started running in Compact car events. Started offering performance parts. Back in the old days I bought a 302 Z28 for less than 3000.00. GM continued building bigger and bigger engines etc. Ignoring the mini car market. My point is all of the Hamburger stores go after the kids in their advertising. You get the kids hooked the kids will return again and again. When they grow up they will bring their kids. Most kids today won't be able to afford a Camaro SS. So, why not offer a good small car for the kids? The J-body was JUNK. The LD-9 engine was junk. The E40 tranny was junk. Hook the kids with GOOD GM products. Offer everything for the kids cars. When the kids grow up have a job and can afford other faster GM products they will look to GM for answers. That's how the Jap cars have kicked our asses.............

My rant is over. I truly hope GM builds a great Camaro. But they really don't have a great track record to stand on in my eyes. So, why do I sell Chevrolets? Because when I was a kid I bought Chevrolet. Brand Loyalty is what it's called. Brand loyalty but. I enjoy watching ANY quick car. Some of my friends have non GM cars. I drive a non GM car. Now, go have a beer, I am done
Old 05-12-2007, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 432 Likes on 339 Posts

I want to be able to option the car how I want it. Don't make it play second fidle to the Corvette like GM does with the trucks to the Escalade. Most people who buy a corvette buy it because they can. Only a hand full care about it's performance. I want the most power motor availiable, hopefully Forced Induction.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Why not make comaro the Flagship now! (or in that area)

Last edited by czar01; 05-14-2007 at 09:35 AM. Reason: add to it
Old 05-14-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Here is my list (Quite simple)
Convertible with rear bench seat and room for three baby seats
6L80E trans or six speed (I'd likely get the 6L80E so my wife will drive it too)
decent gearing options
Highest output motor you can fit in there (Min of 450 horse for the top line camaro)
Active displacement
Lots of room in the trunk
Solid rear axle that'll take some beating on a sticky tire

I am going to be choosing between the challenger vert and the camaro vert

Old 05-14-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

If not t-tops, there has to be SOMETHING on the roof, I don't care if it's a targa or moonroof/sunroof, just something! Plain solid roofs are so boring
Old 05-15-2007, 07:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

- 1 V6 Option (3.9L)
- 2 V8 Options (5.3L & 6.0L LS3 or Boosted LS3)
- SS Top Dog
- Built Rear End
- "Chrome Package"
- No "mail" slot on front of car
- Price it right and they will sell
- Offer a lot of colors
- Offer real performance options like Ford does with the Mustang (ie Roush, Saleen, SVT)
- Traction control for the Vette

With the redesign of the Mustang coming and the new Challenger, GM better step up right from the beginning or the Camaro will fail. Basically, don't half-azz it when it comes out and then fix it later.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

-Make it less than 3500lbs!
-Give real engine options, not just one v6 and one v8. Actually a turbo 4 would be a really interesting option. *cough*solstice motor*cough*. A couple of V6 and V8 options of different displacement would be nice. A high output forced induction V8 option would be my ideal choice, but an LS7 type motor would do.
-IRS is ok as long as it is stout. Solid would be nice, but there are plenty of people in the 9's or less with IRS. Also, this will appeal to the majority of the people who buy these cars as they will handle really well and be more pleasant to drive.
-Give this car the option of a real, modern stereo system. It should have external inputs for mp3 players, a high speed data interface and enough internal memory that it could store your entire music collection. Maybe even removeable memory or hard drive. Disc changers are obsolete; don't do this any more on any car.
-For transmissions you need a manual 5 speed (low power motors) and 6 speed (high power motors) as well as budget and high performance auto trans. The six speed auto sounds cool.
-Colors should be at least as varied as they used to be when the F-body was out.
-Wheels. Need room for wide rear wheels (18 max stock) but should be able to wear 20s for the bling bling people.
-Interior. Just make it nice, like the GTO.
-Must beat the mustang in all areas of performance!
-Sell performance and appearance upgrades at the dealership that don't void the warranty.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by enginjoe
-Make it less than 3500lbs!
-Give real engine options, not just one v6 and one v8. Actually a turbo 4 would be a really interesting option. *cough*solstice motor*cough*. A couple of V6 and V8 options of different displacement would be nice. A high output forced induction V8 option would be my ideal choice, but an LS7 type motor would do.
-IRS is ok as long as it is stout. Solid would be nice, but there are plenty of people in the 9's or less with IRS. Also, this will appeal to the majority of the people who buy these cars as they will handle really well and be more pleasant to drive.
-Give this car the option of a real, modern stereo system. It should have external inputs for mp3 players, a high speed data interface and enough internal memory that it could store your entire music collection. Maybe even removeable memory or hard drive. Disc changers are obsolete; don't do this any more on any car.
-For transmissions you need a manual 5 speed (low power motors) and 6 speed (high power motors) as well as budget and high performance auto trans. The six speed auto sounds cool.
-Colors should be at least as varied as they used to be when the F-body was out.
-Wheels. Need room for wide rear wheels (18 max stock) but should be able to wear 20s for the bling bling people.
-Interior. Just make it nice, like the GTO.
-Must beat the mustang in all areas of performance!
-Sell performance and appearance upgrades at the dealership that don't void the warranty.
I would love to see a turbo four in the Camaro! If they did that, it would drive down the price of producing the T'four for all, what five vehicles that would use it. Of course, a T'four might be more expensive than the 3900 I bet GM'll put into it...but really it should be cheaper to produce than the DOHC 3.6L....
Old 05-15-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Veteran

STRIPPER PACKAGE THAT EQUALS CHEAP, LIGHT, AND FAST!!!

^ I wanted the top GM execs to be able to read that with their glasses off!

You've seen the hidden lights appearance packages. Please, make them a reality.

Thanks for bringing back the Camaro and making it look so great! Thanks for listening to your fans! Thanks for not letting the haters amongst us get to you! Thanks for fighting the power and taking the chance on this car! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Please, make this car a reality for me as my first new car. Please, don't make it too expensive or heavy. I'll take my Z28 from nearby Berger Chevy -- white with red stripes and white and red leather; LS3 (or better); 6-speed manual; low gears; no traction control or computer hobbles.

-David E. Dooley, Lawrenceville, IL

PS: Oh yeah, and make flat black an option. Normally, I wouldn't have the hots for a A flat black stripper!
Old 05-16-2007, 04:04 AM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

Keep it looking as much like the concept as u can.

Hugger orange w/ blk stripes yes
Have many color options so that there isnt 105 of each plain color sitting on a lot or passing u by on the road.

The basic stuff as most of us are wanting really

1- POWER at a decent price 500+ would be nice, very nice
2- Normal size rims for a sports car 18in max
3- The power window motors not to crap out every 6mo
4- Not to weigh as much as the GTO 3500 range would be nice yes
5- Good sound system yes
6- As much as I love my t-tops in my Trans Am I dont think they would look right on this car. So bring back a TRANS AM like this one

or

7- KICK THE EVER LAST POOP outta FORD.
BUILD IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.
I plan on buying it as soon as I find out I can order one from my Aunt.

And Thank you GM for Listen to US the people the matter. Hopefully you all take a lot of this to heart and do it.

Chris H.
USN
Old 05-16-2007, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Me personally I'd love to see the Camaro treated more along the line that the Vette is. We all know that the Vette is the baby of GM and always will be. We also know that not everyone can go buy a new or even a used one for that matter. Now with the addition of the C6 Z06, the Vette has changed. Now its a supercar competitor. In my way of thinking that leave a lot of cars that are just enjoying the good life. M3's, the new GTR, etc etc etc. Now if a 70K vette can compete with a 110K porsche then dammit the Camaro needs to put up where the vette leaves off. The new M3 is gett a 414hp V-8, the GTR is going to in the 400 to 500 range. Let not forget about the IS-F from Lexus. 400+ hp and the interior of a Lexus. The Camaro NEEDS to "slap that ******* thing across the pond" as soon as the boat lands. With Toyota taking the #1 spot from GM they'll have their work cut out for them getting in back.
Read and autorag, top gear, 5th gear etc. Make the Camaro go around corners. Yes we all know American cars go straight. That is the biggest thing i read/hear when then review american cars that they can't corner for crap. This stigma and others are what is killing the Top 3. GM shouldn't only focus the Camaro to be a GT killer, cause me personally that'll be a no brainer when the car is at the dealership. It needs to focus on the M3's and the like. It'd be nice to have a 25-30K M3's killer. The interior is the obvious focus for the Camaro. Thats one of the things i liked about the GTO was the interior. Gm interior has come leaps and bounds from that is was 5-10 years ago. Their interior will never rival BMW Audi or VW, but they can get closer than thay are now. They really havent done us wrong in the performance aspect yet. Yes i agree that the $4000 SS option for 20hp was a little crazy. From the time the 98 Camaro rolled off the assembly line, it humiliated the GT, untill the F-Bodies death in 02, they controled the GT/Cobras. It wasn't untill the F-Bodies were gone that Ford made a "fast" Mustang. Thats my .02 on the camaro subject. Probably way off target for the focus group. The way i see it the Camaro i about a year away, by now i would hope that most of the production car is decided on. If i missed anything feel free to chime in.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Teching In

make the camaro like the c6 zo6, a street car, track and race ready from the dealership or vise versa!!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Billiumss
- 1 V6 Option (3.9L)
- 2 V8 Options (5.3L & 6.0L LS3 or Boosted LS3)

The LS3 is 6.2 liters, don't shortchange us

Quick Reply: ASSIGNMENT: Camaro Focus Group