Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2010 Camaro PROTOTYPE - Here it is!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was gonna be a true hardtop like the concept .
This white one looks like a stripper six cylinder model with duals which ain't a bad thing . The moonroof looks ok to me as long as it goes back on the outside . If not it will take up about 2 - 2 1/2" of headroom & it already looks like the top has been chopped .
Old 02-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Awesome... I vow to own one. Fa sho!! As soon as its affordable!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually like it, and I'm sure they used white to wash out the lines for testing purposes to not draw too much attention. The colored chops look ALOT better!
Old 02-22-2008, 04:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

colored photo shops look bad ***. i'm seriously going to try to get in the market for one of these cars when they come out.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
I actually like the rear on the production version better than the concept. On the concept, I've always thought it looked to blunt and wide (even in person).

I agree, that OnStar "*****" sticking off the roof has got to go!
Idon't like the sunroof,OnStar. The mirrors are different (like the concept better), and the door handles are not great either. They just don't follow the body lines of the car IMO.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Over all it feels less pronounced, and more rounded off than the concept. I credit GM for staying "true" to the concept, but I'm honestly not liking the mirror, or the new rear-end. I hate to say this, but it's kind of looking like everything else GM makes.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am generally happy with the retro car. If i was to get one i will get a vert. Thats just me. Opinions...... I agree that the reverse lights need to be addressed along with the ability to put some meaty tires on the back. I am not a fan of the gauge cluster (if you call that a cluster). Why cant they put the gauges by the shifter up above the wheel and give this thing a heads up display? Also in mentioning display.....there should be a navi system in it. Almost all cars over 20k now-a-days have it. Built in onstar and xm FTW... all of that built into a touch screen navi sys would be biotch!

We are all big fans of power. IMO the z-28 should be quite powerful with a SS option of approx 50+ more horsepower motor. z = 400hp at least and the SS with +450 would be a great start to a new camaro line.

The price is going to be a struggle for most.... If they price it with mustangs they wont make money.... well maybe some but not enough to justify making it for years to come. I am all about keeping the cost low but how can they? I probably wont buy a new one off the lot..... I will wait until someone else who has money buys it and takes the initial hit.....then i wil buy a used one with 20k on it..... but thats just me cuz i'm poor.

Thats my .02 on the car.

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro PROTOTYPE - Here it is!