Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

The Pride Of Ownership.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008 | 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well said Fbodyfather. I can't wait to park my a$$ in the drivers seat and take one for a spin (i just hope the one i want is in my price range!).
Old 01-06-2008 | 06:52 PM
JBM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks real promising. It's a shame that a large part of the Camaro demographic are narrow minded douche bags. If you wanted a ragged out 9 sec car with a roll cage, you wouldn't buy this car. I miss the SS I bought back in 99. I still have it, but I do miss the AC, HVAC, stereo, and adjustable seats!
Old 01-06-2008 | 06:59 PM
JBM
TECH Enthusiast

p.s. It better have at least 50 more hp than the Lexus IS F, or I'm buying that.
Old 01-06-2008 | 07:34 PM
TECH Junkie

GM should have a set price that dealerships have to stick to. The new SCOTUS case this year allows such things. If it can work for Scion it can work for the new camaro!!!

W
Old 01-06-2008 | 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i already made my final judgement of this new camaro, i made it a long time ago... this coming of this car is the only reason i didn't file bankruptcy after my business failed, and there is nothing short of my death that will keep me from buying this car. how many times did i pray that they would make a new camaro so that i could drive a new one off the showroom floor one day? (i was in guatemala for two years, so i missed anychance i would have had to buy a new on back in 02) the 02 that i did buy (that scott settlemire had signed) ended up getting sold when my job situation got changed, and i have kicked myself everyday since then. literally everyday i look online to try to find one exactly like it that hopefull i can have mr. settlemire sign. it will look awesome in a garage next to a 2010 camaro. reading this post made me remember all the times i parked my 02, got out and stared. the almighty CHEVY CAMARO is the only car that i have ever owned that has given me that PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP.
Old 01-06-2008 | 08:00 PM
'Bird Director
20 Year Member

From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

To all the posters......this confirms that your comments (be them stupid or mature) are being read by those that are involved with the car.
Old 01-06-2008 | 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I really hope that the guys building the new camaro are true enthusiasts and try to make chevy top toyota once again with great engineering and extreme reliability without 400 recalls or somethin like that...I personally am glad that gm is taking a long while with this one with tons of research and testing to insure it wont be a failure
Old 01-07-2008 | 12:00 AM
On The Tree

You're keeping me interested.
Old 01-07-2008 | 12:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
To all the posters......this confirms that your comments (be them stupid or mature) are being read by those that are involved with the car.
I like the fact they are reading what potential buyers have to say. Hopefully the interior still has time to change? I just can't help but feel it looks a little cheap. Too much plastic? If they could change that, then I will own one.
Old 01-07-2008 | 01:17 AM
TECH Junkie

"To all the posters......this confirms that your comments (be them stupid or mature) are being read by those that are involved with the car."

That is why I have been bitching since 2002, LOL.

W
Old 01-07-2008 | 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad2000z
Thanks for the write up. I agree, it's way to soon to draw any conclusions about this car. I am extremely excited about the 5th gen! It's highly unlikely I won't own one soon after it's released. I'm quite sure I'll be proud to own a new Camaro!!
Exactly what he said, word for word. I have that feeling of pride with my 4th Gen to this day, and look forward to parking the new one right next to it.

We thank you for your passion, and look forward to the final product!
Old 01-07-2008 | 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I almost forgot, to all thoes involved with the new camaro, please do your best to make sure the clutch hydraulics don't suck a$$! thank you.
Old 01-07-2008 | 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

I'd love to see GM be on top again - but this time for reliability and performance. As a Canadian buyer, I also need them to stop price gouging Canadians - because I want to buy domestic - In fact - I live in Oshawa - about 3kms from where the new Camaro is being built. Just don't price us Canadians out of the market - like our $70 000 Corvette - which has been reduced recently - for the sole reason that the media made an issue of this robbery.

Price us in for the Camaro - because you can bet your bottom dollar I will be making the loudest noise about an over-priced-to-canadians-only-Camaro!

I just want EQUAL pricing - not better - just fair.
Old 01-07-2008 | 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's really dissapointing to see so many people on this board be so disrespectful to someone who had such an influencial role in creating the very cars that this forum revolves around. Some of you guys need to grow up and show some damn respect.

From what ive seen online, the Camaro has lost some of its original charm. Its not so rough around the egdes... Its evolving into more than just a motor/drivetrain in a cheap body. This isn't a bad thing though. For all those people who complain about driving in the rain beacause of leaking T-Tops, for those who complain about all the squeeks and rattles that the 4th gen cars are so well known for, this 5th gen is for you. This car is going to be a car anyone can live with on a day to day basis, instead of just the hardcore fans. And dispite its obvious increase in weight and creature comforts, the car should be a better corner carver and still be able to put down some respectable times on the strip in stock trim. Don't forget GM has been very busy developing its new motors... we can only guess whats going to make in into the Camaro, but knowing how competative GM can be when other manufacturers pull the "our car has more HP" card, we can all rest assured this car WILL be the best option out there, especially for the $$$.

-Chris
Old 01-07-2008 | 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

^^^Where did all the dumbass' come from? If you aint got anything nice, or at least, INTELLIGENT to say, then go away. We are all trying to help this car be the best it can be with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.
I felt a little patriotic reading that Scott. Thanks for yall's commitment and concern! Cant wait!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2008 | 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

awesome post I think you guys are doing a GREAT job on the exterior and interior and I will have one when they hit the showroom floor.

just PLEASE give us two distinct V8s as options and GM performance parts available at time of launch. a modern COPO camaro with factory warranty would be an enormous hit.
Old 01-09-2008 | 02:10 AM
Teching In

Im truly hope the 2010 camaro exceeds all expectations, im personally going to wait for the SS model before making my final decision. My 02 SS was taken from me pre-maturely by an illegal immigrant driving carelessly. . The day i saw my car cut in half was one of the worst days i can remember. I lost my car in May 07 and it still pains me to no end. My wife hates that i showed more emotion about that car than anything else. Im sure i speak for many when i say that f-bod/corvette owners are deeply passionate about their vehicles and only expect the best. Dont let us down.

Alex

Last edited by 02 Pewter SS; 01-09-2008 at 02:13 AM. Reason: cause i wanted to
Old 01-11-2008 | 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

I can't wait to get behind the wheel of the new Camaro. My biggest concern is whether the interior will be big enough with enough legroom for people over 6 feet tall. GM has done a great job with this in the 3rd and 4th gen F-bodies, I just hope they keep it up.
Old 01-12-2008 | 04:18 AM
TECH Addict

man i get all giggly when i watch Transformers and see the 5th Gen pull up i'm dead serious. This production one had better do the SAME thing or i'm gonna be disappointed I get that way with my Vette i know that~Cole~
Old 01-12-2008 | 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

Idiot comments like those from the noobs(Luder[PAK9], spookyz28) with under 60 posts are the reason Scott rarely posts on this board. No respect for anyone or anything. I can't believe you even consider yourselves enthusiasts. Attitudes like those I'd expect from Mustang owners, not F body owners. If you don't like the car, move on. There's lots of us that love the new car and can't wait to own one.

Quick Reply: The Pride Of Ownership.......