Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Lets hear good comments about a new Camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Lets hear good comments about a new Camaro!

Cant anyone be happy about a new Camaro!!!! I Am! Yes its a little heavy, but its alot better than a mustang! It looks as though the manual has no VVT so that means plump in the largest cam you can find and let the L92 heads make a S_IT LOAD of power! As far as I can see a year later has a supercharger?!?! Whats not to like?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

I'm ecstatic, I really am. FINALLY!!!! I'm not really concerned about 300 extra lbs. The LS3 can make enough power to lug it around. Bolt-ons and cam only LS3 will put down high 400 ALL DAY LONG. Plus there is nothing saying we won't figure out how to cut the fat.
I'm happy with the fact that it has good handling as well. Can't argue with 8:20 ring times. I will however be waiting til ~3rd year to see if they change anything with the Z-28 if not i'll have to bite the bullet and go for the LS3/M6
Old 07-22-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

LS1Tech 10 Year

It's never gonna be exactly what everyone wants. I have a few complaints and have voiced them, but overall I'm very happy with it and can't wait to buy one in the second year.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Launching!

I'll wait a couple of years to buy one only to avoid having to make two car payments, I will look for a Z if that's the only way to get the supercharged engine, and see what else they offer, if nothing changes, then I'll buy the SS w/LS3/M6 and personalize it as soon as I can.

Last edited by farmdawg; 07-22-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
I'm ecstatic, I really am. FINALLY!!!! I'm not really concerned about 300 extra lbs. The LS3 can make enough power to lug it around. Bolt-ons and cam only LS3 will put down high 400 ALL DAY LONG. Plus there is nothing saying we won't figure out how to cut the fat.
I'm happy with the fact that it has good handling as well. Can't argue with 8:20 ring times. I will however be waiting til ~3rd year to see if they change anything with the Z-28 if not i'll have to bite the bullet and go for the LS3/M6
F_CK YEAH!!!!!! THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT! Its .5 liters larger than the last of the fourth gens and has REAL HEADS! Auto Six and M six! Ill take mine in aqua blue with the fatest cam I can stuff in it with an M6 and a 150 SHOT!!!! If your BROKE, Go buy a mustang!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

We are people who are customizer we will change our cars to match us. I think gm gave me a platform that won't be any harder to get changed than anything else. Somethings will get changed day one and other years later. Is the Camaro so horrible that you can't drive it or enjoy the car without modding it? I think the car will be loved just as it is and will have plenty of aftermarket. Why because we want this car to survive and to be the best.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Teching In

i am happy that there will be an ls engine available and i'm happy that the v6 has as much hp as a v8 mustang.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

I forgot to say that I am very happy with the new Camaro.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

I'm happy with it! :-) Sorry to those who dont...There are several other cars out there that might suffice for you.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Veteran

I think most who aren't hot on it now will come around once people here start buying them and they see them in person at dealers, on the street and at the track.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:39 PM
m6z
12 Second Club

I like the car alot. I still need to see pricing for a ss with the 6 speed manual, before I commit. If I don't buy one, ill be picking up a 06 z06. The weight and the pricing are what's keeping me on the fence. The z06 is 800lbs lighter, that hard to get over performance wise.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If people expect this car to be under 30k you are all mistaken..I agree that it will be in the 34k-up range..You guys must have good jobs to afford the $600-700 dollar monthly payment, or live at home & have no bills..Looks like it will be a fun car though.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm very happy how this thing turned out, just waiting for pricing. I'm not expecting to be able to afford a Z28 if it does come out, but as long as I can get a nicely optioned SS/M6 for around 35K then I'm in. I'm waiting till the second model year anyway, so if it's too expensive then I'll just buy a used 10' model. Simple as that.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SimC33
I'm happy with it! :-) Sorry to those who dont...There are several other cars out there that might suffice for you.
Hit the nail right on the head here....When did LS1 tech become a place to bash on the new camaro? If you dont like it, why post? Go to a ford/dodge/loser forum to post how cool your favorite car is!!! If it DOES go for over 30 grand, be happy about the fact that when its 2 years old you can buy one with low milage for mid 20's!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm very happy with the info that was released. And, I'm somewhat embarrassed by all of the asshats that are complaining about stupid nonsense. Oil capacity, mpg ratings, weight, gauge layout. All whiner stuff.

You guys should just be happy that we are getting another 400+ HP RWD 6-spd 2-door, and the CAMARO heritage that goes along with it. Quit your bitching and acting like idiots!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt a fully loaded firehawk in 02 about $36K+??? New cars are geting more expensive as time goes on. This is something normal that has too happen. If 36K was the price in 02, then 34K for a loaded V8 does not seem bad to me. I am going to wait until GM releases the pricing before I bitch and complain. I'm getting tired of reading nothing but whining about the new camaro pricing when we dont even know how much the ******* thing will cost!! What if GM makes it cheaper than the Mustang people are raving about know? Why all of the sudden people on this board are raving about the mustang if they havent bought one yet?
Old 07-22-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I'm very happy with the info that was released. And, I'm somewhat embarrassed by all of the asshats that are complaining about stupid nonsense. Oil capacity, mpg ratings, weight, gauge layout. All whiner stuff.

You guys should just be happy that we are getting another 400+ HP RWD 6-spd 2-door, and the CAMARO heritage that goes along with it. Quit your bitching and acting like idiots!
I see what your saying, but weight effects how a car handles. This thing pulls a .90 g right weighing what it does. Imagine if it weighed 3,400 or better.

I really like this car and if someone laid it and a new Mustang in front of me and said choose one. I'd have a tough time, but would choose the Camaro simply because of its better handling and bigger engine. Regardless if money wasn't an issue I'd take a new Challenger over both. The only beef I have is the weight and possible price. RX-7's were fast in 1993 due to weight with only 255 hp pulling numbers around 13.1 qtr's. WEIGHT matters, mpg doesn't you buying a freakin sports car.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

I could not have said it better myself! Well done.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Dan
If people expect this car to be under 30k you are all mistaken..I agree that it will be in the 34k-up range..You guys must have good jobs to afford the $600-700 dollar monthly payment, or live at home & have no bills..Looks like it will be a fun car though.
The Challenger R/T starts at $29,995. The Camaro SS base price will be around $30k, not unlike the G8 GT. The Mustang GT Premium (the model you'd actually want to buy) is not far off that mark either.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Im happy about the Camaro, but its like once you say anything remotely close to it or GM being disliked in anyway, your automatically an ******* retard ******** moron whatever....Its pretty messed up that no one can voice an opinion without being attacked by a raging car nut.

I like the Camaro though!

Quick Reply: Lets hear good comments about a new Camaro!