Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Local dealer already plans markup on new Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HumanNipple
The simplest solution is to not buy at a markup, it's not hard.
Wow, I didn't think of that. I'm not buying a new Camaro because it weighs too much and I don't like the looks, but it's odd that some cannot understand why others would not be happy about a mark up.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like I already said there are PLENTY of dealers that have said they will sell the Camaro to you for MSRP and then drop ship it to your nearest dealer. Itll cost you nothing to have it done.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Teching In

I'll stand back until I can get a dealer to take a reasonable profit and not gouge. They wanna gouge? I'll go somewhere else. I'll bet if I go during a snowstorm they'll be happy to sell me one for dealer cost.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

If they plan on flooding the market, then how will mark ups be possible?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

if gm wants these cars to sell like a mustang, dealers would be stupid to mark them up.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 325trooper
Wow, I didn't think of that. I'm not buying a new Camaro because it weighs too much and I don't like the looks, but it's odd that some cannot understand why others would not be happy about a mark up.
Can we open a whine and complain about the new camaro section?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Launching!

who needs it anyway! I'm quite happy with my F-Bodies..I think a Vette is next can buy a sweet 5th gen Z06 for under 30k these days.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Launching!

They really will not be able to mark up these cars because of the current state of the economy, think about it look at the current c5/c6 market..new c6's with the ls3 are being sold for way less than sticker, they have already halted production and the thousands of 08's that are on dealer lots can be had for 10k+ off of sticker, gm knows that in order for this car to be a hit it has to be priced right, Dodge tried to overcharge for the challenger nd look what's happened to it..didn't last long, you can buy at or below msrp..the 5th gen will be mass produced and even though the vette and cam5 are two totally different vehicles with two totally different buyers and markets gm knows that the day a guy walks into a dealership and can buy a vette cheaper than a camaro its lights out..just my .02
Old 09-17-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

easy solution to this problem!!!! Find a different dealership. The dealership I bought my Trailblazer SS from had make ups on the Z06 when they first came out it never sold so they said screw the mark ups. They are the only dealer around me that doesn't make up anything!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2FNQUIK
They really will not be able to mark up these cars because of the current state of the economy, think about it look at the current c5/c6 market..new c6's with the ls3 are being sold for way less than sticker, they have already halted production and the thousands of 08's that are on dealer lots can be had for 10k+ off of sticker, gm knows that in order for this car to be a hit it has to be priced right, Dodge tried to overcharge for the challenger nd look what's happened to it..didn't last long, you can buy at or below msrp..the 5th gen will be mass produced and even though the vette and cam5 are two totally different vehicles with two totally different buyers and markets gm knows that the day a guy walks into a dealership and can buy a vette cheaper than a camaro its lights out..just my .02

Good point! The vettes fall under employee pricing with 0% interest. It seems they cant mark them up then.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Depending on price of Z28 I may just get a slightly used Vette.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Trust me guys, by the time the Z28 comes out(if it even comes out) you should be able to bue a used c6z06 for mid to low 40's, hell you may even see them dip into the mid to high 30's by 2010 seeing as you can get 1 now for around 47 and the guys trading them in on the corvette forum are being offered as low as 44 for 06's with descent miles...I think I'll keep my 4th gen and get a c6z06(much more desireable)!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rebelphotog

You need another vehicle like you need another hole in the head any way. I know atleast one person who will go postal if another one shows up in the driveway Finish the damn Z28 and then let's restore that 2nd gen. If that doesn't do it for ya, then you can always come down and work on my car. Besides....you can wait and buy one of the second year cars without paying a mark up and that will hopefully have all the bugs worked out like I plan to
Got rid of my 351 Fox and i'm single again! Now I need to replace the Fox. I still think a Terminator would look great parked beside my Z. Besides Justin said I needed one. The RS is my lifetime project, always has been. Well... that and a garage!
Old 09-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2FNQUIK
Trust me guys, by the time the Z28 comes out(if it even comes out) you should be able to bue a used c6z06 for mid to low 40's, hell you may even see them dip into the mid to high 30's by 2010 seeing as you can get 1 now for around 47 and the guys trading them in on the corvette forum are being offered as low as 44 for 06's with descent miles...I think I'll keep my 4th gen and get a c6z06(much more desireable)!!!
Never thought of that! An LS7 powered Z06?! are they really going that cheap lately?
Old 09-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Launching!

Hell yes....I used to sell cars so I am always checking around the country just to see how the market affects car pricing because ultimately that what decides the value of a car(supply and demand)...because of employee pricing, gas,and people who think anything with a v8 is a gas guzzler and not to mention the amount of vettes that bowling green churned out the value of the car has continued to drop, especially with the introductionof the ls3 vette which with a few mods can get you into z06 territory pretty quick. Chevy produced waayyy too many of these cars and thats probably whats going to happen with the camaro, you are going to have those people looking to makea profit off of the first few cars but in this economy lets face it the car is impractical and thats why cars like this will be rotting on dealer lots, with the recent changes in the economy its also going to be a lot tougher to get financed for these vehicles, and I hate to drift so far off of topic but if anyone has the cash laying around to buy this car cash I would strongly recommend looking into what stocks you can buy right now pretty cheap, the market will bouce back but no telling when...I hate to say it but it's the 70's all over again!!..Back on topic any dealer hoping to make any type of money on this car know s what they are competing with..its a mass produced car targeted at a limited market and only the true fans can tell the difference between the v6 and v8 car just like the g8...do you think the z06 would be what it is if it looked like a regular c6, but chevyknows this because corvette guys are willing to pay and most camaro guys aren't..again in order for this car to be any kind of a success it has to be in line with the current offerings in the market place(mustang and challenger) even though they are targeting cars like the g37 and car of its like how many people who are actually in the market for a car like that are even going to think about looking at a camaro..the camaro has built its reputation on being that bad *** muscle car for straight line performance not some pansy svelt corner carving whatever with a quiet exhaust.. in my opinion the cars and the people that chevy were targetting with the re release of the camaro are not in line with the cars history and when we finally get to dealerships to see it, like the gto and its true fans we may be dissapointed...the gto had a bad *** engine but styling and weight killed it they are cold as ice in the market right now and have been everyone knows it and thats why guys who have them and try to get rid of them know its a tough sale because only people (which are very few if I might add) who have to have this car want them ..who cares if you have an ls2 it still looks like..well you know...sorry to go in so many different directions withthis post and sorry its so long....just my .02
Old 09-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by USMC Devil Dog
A local dealership here in Charleston (WV) already has plans to markup the new camaros, $4K for V6 and $10K for V8. I currently have 2 camaros and had a WS6. I don't think that I'll be gettin a new camaro anytime soon. This just makes me sick.

Finally i'm gettin my Terminator!

Your post isn't fair in my opinion.

First, there is more than one CHEVROLET dealer in Charleston WV.

Second, because ONE dealers says he or she is marking up the price "You don't think you'll be getting a new Camaro soon."

Third, no one has any new Camaro's to sell. Dealers are sick and fucXXX tired of wasting their time TALKING to anyone about this car. If you want one put a deposit on one. Get your credit approved. The dealer will then know you're serious about a new Camaro.

Fourth, The Chevrolet dealership where I work, PART TIME AND LOVING IT, WON'T CHARGE ABOVE STICKER.

What isn't fair is you talked to one dealership... Perhaps only one sales associate... Then you told the world you weren't buying a new Camaro because of your experience. I will make it very damn easy for you to buy a new Camaro. Dealers are in business to sell cars................. They will sometimes take advantage of some people.

Being a part time worker now, I didn't call you STUPID. Being taken advantage of and being STUPID are similar but different. Trying not insult to anyone.

Your new football coach at WV said he wanted to win every game. Just like the previous coach. That was before another school offered him more money. The true fan of WV football will continue to support the team. The true Chevrolet buyer will shop at more than one Chevrolet dealership for the new Camaro. thanks for listening

Jakes Dad

I need a new picture. The 55 isn't mine.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

^ you must have gotten your requested days off...
Old 09-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
^ you must have gotten your requested days off...

INDEED I DID - I know I don't own this place. Now, the owner knows he doesn't own me. All is fair in Love and War

Jakes Dad
Old 09-24-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

thats good to hear (your days off) glad you got it worked out. Due to rear end stuff with me this year, i didnt get to go to the only show i care to go to,,the TA Nationals,,im still bummed. Glad your story ended on a good note.

Quick Reply: Local dealer already plans markup on new Camaro