Gen 6 Camaro 2016+ Forum The forum for discussion of the 6th Gen 2016+ Camaro

16 camaro specs revealed! 3685 lbs 0-60 4.0 1/4 mile 12.3@116

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 276 Likes on 181 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by RikkiTorment
Specs for the 2016 Camaro SS and now everyone is claiming that they can get a Mustang GT for so much less...

lol k
I was quoted $29,xxx for a 2015 base GT. That was with rebates and X-Plan and all that jazz. I'd like to see how close the Camaro can get to that price with Supplier and discounts. If the ******* thing is still $35,000 for a base SS after discounts, then no thanks. They can keep it.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Lol.

Hasn't that always been the last ditch excuse ever since the 4.6 days? Displacement is a classic as well. Price with mods is coming up all over the place on other forums. Heck it's even so bad lots just say GM is lying and throw their head in the sand. Fine by me. Haven't been this entertained in years

Everything I'm seeing and hearing is such déjà vu it's hilarious.

It almost brings a tear to my eye the good times are back lol
Old 09-16-2015, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Keep it coming boys

That *** looks chapped lol
Old 09-16-2015, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redtan
That probably has to do with the fact that the Mustang has been wiping the floor with the Camaro for the past oh idk 13+ years. I wouldn't be entertained either to watch my beloved car being taken out of production for almost a decade and then when it finally does came back only to just get its *** whooped.

After so long of being 2nd filddle it's understandable to be crying over something that's not even out yet and is purely speculation. Poor Camaro boys have had so little lately that *any* news even remotely showing that their car might be something decent they hang on to that **** for dear life.
Oh Redtard, calm your *******, why are you so mad anyways?
Old 09-16-2015, 01:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

why are you so mad anyways?
I ain't mad, just find it funny how giddy you guys get over so little information. But like I said, it's understandable given the Camaro has been **** for so long.

Keep it coming boys

That *** looks chapped lol
Pretty sure it's your *** that's chapped all these years, which is why you need to make several of these threads on very little information just to save some face in the muscle wars.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I ain't mad, just find it funny how giddy you guys get over so little information.
But it's okay if people do it over the GT350 though, right?

But like I said, it's understandable given the Camaro has been **** for so long.
It's been **** for so long, but even bolt on LS1 cars have been hanging with what Ford offers, even the current generation comes down to a drivers race in the quarter mile... We won't even get started on numbers around the track, because you'll have nothing to argue there.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

But it's okay if people do it over the GT350 though, right?
No, when did I say that? Speculation on poor, biased information is bad no matter what the product is. I am in no way a Mustang fan (afterall I am on a GM site right?) so idk where you got that from.

It's been **** for so long, but even bolt on LS1 cars have been hanging with what Ford offers, even the current generation comes down to a drivers race in the quarter mile... We won't even get started on numbers around the track, because you'll have nothing to argue there.
I'm talking stock for stock here, cuz apparently when I even barely brought in the notion of aftermarket mods earlier in the thread I was laughed at such an idiotic thing to say. So decide Camaro fans, is it or is it not ok to bring mods in the conversation, cuz ya'll confused and keep contradicting yourselves. One moment you say mods don't count, then next you mention bolt-ons...

And stock for stock, the Camaro has been getting its **** pushed in since 02 when the Terminator came out and they stopped making it. And even when they started it up again it was lagging vs. the Coyote. Have yet to see stock for stock a ZL1 beat GT500, nor the 1LE beat the Boss 302 not the SS beat the GT as resoundly as you apparently put it in ANY sort of sanctioned racing.

Last edited by redtan; 09-16-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

I like how since we aren't immediately touching ourselves over the 2016 Camaro, we are automatically jealous Ford owners with chapped asses.

Yeah, that makes sense.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

So priceless
Old 09-16-2015, 02:50 PM
12 Second Club

And stock for stock, the Camaro has been getting its **** pushed in since 02 when the Terminator came out and they stopped making it. And even when they started it up again it was lagging vs. the Coyote. Have yet to see stock for stock a ZL1 beat GT500, nor the 1LE beat the Boss 302 not the SS beat the GT as resoundly as you apparently put it in ANY sort of sanctioned racing.
Set down the crack pipe and back away.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, when did I say that? Speculation on poor, biased information is bad no matter what the product is. I am in no way a Mustang fan (afterall I am on a GM site right?) so idk where you got that from.
What is "biased" about the information that has been released? You make it sound as if they've already released laptimes for this car that put the nail in the coffin of any competitor under $40,000. My point is you're getting all bent out of shape over people being excited to hear new information for a GM car on a GM website... Why?

I was asking a hypothetical question, because it does not appear that you have made the same attempt to bitch at anyone being excited over the GT350 on a GM website...

I'm talking stock for stock here, cuz apparently when I even barely brought in the notion of aftermarket mods earlier in the thread I was laughed at such an idiotic thing to say. So decide Camaro fans, is it or is it not ok to bring mods in the conversation, cuz ya'll confused and keep contradicting yourselves. One moment you say mods don't count, then next you mention bolt-ons...
Care to point out where I said anything about modifying a car? I am not a Y'all, I am one person, address my opinion as it's own, not lump it in with anyone else's.

lol uhh... http://bfy.tw/1pZX
Old 09-16-2015, 05:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Care to point out where I said anything about modifying a car?
Thar...

It's been **** for so long, but even bolt on LS1 cars have been hanging with what Ford offers,
My point is you're getting all bent out of shape over people being excited to hear new information for a GM car on a GM website... Why?
You're right, I forgot that any sort of notion that does not swing by the nuts of the Camaro is considered sacrilegious on this website. God forbid anyone should ever mention anything regarding the competition and/or how the Camaro may stack up against it.

Carry on fanbois, and hang onto those blinders and rose colored glasses real tight...
Old 09-16-2015, 06:20 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,284 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

You're right, I forgot that any sort of notion that does not swing by the nuts of the Camaro is considered sacrilegious on this website. God forbid anyone should ever mention anything regarding the competition and/or how the Camaro may stack up against it.
I don't think this is completely true, it's just more prevalent in certain sections of the site and from certain specific members. It seems that a few people here are taking this pretty personally, I'm not sure why as I don't believe any of them were on the development/design team for the 6th gen.

Personally, I take no issues with people preferring the Mustang. In fact, I AM one of those people when the conversation is about styling, or even performance in the 5th gen years during which A6 Camaros have been plagued with the L99 (inferior to the 5.0 stock for stock IMO, and a disappointment to those of us who prefer the auto and would have liked to start off with an LS3 rather than mod our way to it.)

The new Camaro seems to be a great performer and I'm glad to see that the auto cars are positioned to put up such great times - big improvement from the 5th gen. I just wish they had done better with styling; IMO, Camaro has been behind Mustang in this department ever since 2010 and things haven't changed with the '16 model either.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You're right, I did say that, I suppose I should have been more specific in the sense that it was being used as an example that an engine designed in 1998 still hangs with the competitors offerings; however it is completely irrelevant since we are comparing the price of a brand new 2016 Camaro SS to a brand new 2016 Mustang GT and what ground can be made up by modifying an already $35,000 car.

And what exactly do you think we are doing here, only talking about how this Camaro is to stack up against prior renditions, generations and trims of earlier models? Are we not allowed to compare the current models of other cars offered by the direct competitors and then take performance into accommodation?

Calm your **** Tyrone.

God forbid anyone should ever mention anything regarding the competition and/or how the Camaro may stack up against it....
Old 09-17-2015, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RikkiTorment
You're right, I did say that, I suppose I should have been more specific in the sense that it was being used as an example that an engine designed in 1998 still hangs with the competitors offerings; however it is completely irrelevant since we are comparing the price of a brand new 2016 Camaro SS to a brand new 2016 Mustang GT and what ground can be made up by modifying an already $35,000 car.

And what exactly do you think we are doing here, only talking about how this Camaro is to stack up against prior renditions, generations and trims of earlier models? Are we not allowed to compare the current models of other cars offered by the direct competitors and then take performance into accommodation?

Calm your **** Tyrone.

God forbid anyone should ever mention anything regarding the competition and/or how the Camaro may stack up against it....
why waste your time even arguing with them?

they are on a gm website defending a mustang. what is that a classic sign of?
so many things that have been said are so inaccurate and skewed its pointless to try and correct it all.

it is obvious in their demeanour the 16 SS is doing all the talking for us. And it will do plenty more in the future.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride

You can bet Ill be back after the first head to head comparisons to hear more excuses and whining. its just too much fun.

predicting price will be about the only excuse left.

btw...sweet *** car...I miss my 4th gen

I liked it better than my 5th.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

I'm just glad the 6th gen offers me the performance like my old 5.0 gave me. Might have to buy one now.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Default 16 camaro specs revealed! 3685 lbs 0-60 4.0 1/4 mile 12.3@116

Thar...You're right, I forgot that any sort of notion that does not swing by the nuts of the Camaro is considered sacrilegious on this website. God forbid anyone should ever mention anything regarding the competition and/or how the Camaro may stack up against it.

Carry on fanbois, and hang onto those blinders and rose colored glasses real tight...
When he mentioned bolt-ons he was talking about the LS1, an engine that is nearly 20 years old, keeping up with a modern car, a superior car, with just a few hundred dollars worth of work, when you mentioned bolt-ons you were talking about the new mustang with a few thousand dollars worth of work being superior than a stock car. He was comparing and older, slightly modified car verses and new car in stock form, not a decently modified new car compared to and new car in stock form.

To the guys that don't understand the arguing; the Camaro was made to compete with the mustang, of course there's going to be arguing, it's been going on for nearly 50 years, why stop now?
Old 09-17-2015, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I don't think this is completely true, it's just more prevalent in certain sections of the site and from certain specific members. It seems that a few people here are taking this pretty personally, I'm not sure why as I don't believe any of them were on the development/design team for the 6th gen.
The fanboy is strong with some of them. So strong, in fact, that they can't even admit that another car offers comparable performance.

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
The new Camaro seems to be a great performer and I'm glad to see that the auto cars are positioned to put up such great times - big improvement from the 5th gen. I just wish they had done better with styling; IMO, Camaro has been behind Mustang in this department ever since 2010 and things haven't changed with the '16 model either.
I agree that the 2016 Camaro sounds like it will be a strong performer. The LT1 is a stout engine as evidenced by what it has been doing in the C7. However, GM has gotten absolutely ridiculous with their prices. The C7 has gone up $3 - $4,000 since it debuted. The SS is a $45,000 sedan. The 2016 Camaro 1SS is $3,000 more than the 2015 Camaro 1SS. Hell, a regular cab Silverado is over $35,000 once you get out of the work truck trim and add the 5.3 and 4WD. I guess it is good that the banks now offer 84 month loans, or else I doubt people would really be able to "afford" these prices. [/sarcasm]

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
why waste your time even arguing with them?

they are on a gm website defending a mustang. what is that a classic sign of?
so many things that have been said are so inaccurate and skewed its pointless to try and correct it all.

it is obvious in their demeanour the 16 SS is doing all the talking for us. And it will do plenty more in the future.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride

You can bet Ill be back after the first head to head comparisons to hear more excuses and whining. its just too much fun.

predicting price will be about the only excuse left.

btw...sweet *** car...I miss my 4th gen

I liked it better than my 5th.

Originally Posted by adray96
When he mentioned bolt-ons he was talking about the LS1, an engine that is nearly 20 years old, keeping up with a modern car, a superior car, with just a few hundred dollars worth of work, when you mentioned bolt-ons you were talking about the new mustang with a few thousand dollars worth of work being superior than a stock car. He was comparing and older, slightly modified car verses and new car in stock form, not a decently modified new car compared to and new car in stock form.

To the guys that don't understand the arguing; the Camaro was made to compete with the mustang, of course there's going to be arguing, it's been going on for nearly 50 years, why stop now?
The concept is still the same. No matter how old or new the vehicles in question are, it is still a ridiculous argument, and you sound even more ridiculous trying to justify it citing a platform's age and the level of modifying done to the platform. No matter what mods you put on Platform A, someone can put those same mods on Platform B and still be ahead of the game.

I've never cared for the "modify a vehicle to perform like another stock vehicle" argument.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whats your obsession with toy story?

That the best you got?

This magical time will only last for so long...help me get the most out of it.

You wont have anything to say in a few months...better get this in while you can
Old 09-18-2015, 05:52 AM
TECH Resident

This just might be the most Ford butthurt in one thread that I've ever seen...
Old 09-18-2015, 03:44 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,284 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by MuhThugga
The fanboy is strong with some of them. So strong, in fact, that they can't even admit that another car offers comparable performance.
I think there are some members who just enjoy getting a rise out of others; the continual use of statements such as "butthurt" is an excellent example of individuals who aren't very interested in useful debate/discussion, but rather creating drama and argument. Best to just ignore such types.

Originally Posted by MuhThugga
However, GM has gotten absolutely ridiculous with their prices. The C7 has gone up $3 - $4,000 since it debuted. The SS is a $45,000 sedan. The 2016 Camaro 1SS is $3,000 more than the 2015 Camaro 1SS. Hell, a regular cab Silverado is over $35,000 once you get out of the work truck trim and add the 5.3 and 4WD. I guess it is good that the banks now offer 84 month loans, or else I doubt people would really be able to "afford" these prices.
New car prices do seem to be rising more quickly as of late, GM also seems to be doing redesigns more often which perhaps necessitates (and, in their mind also justifies) said increases. R&D costs money, maybe it's worth it in this case as the 5th gen left considerable room for improvement in the weight department.

In any event, there isn't a brand new car on the market today, or in the known pipeline, that interests me enough to drop MSRP plus sales tax on. Better to wait for lightly used examples and let someone else take the depreciation hit. There was a time when I really enjoyed buying brand new cars, in fact I did this twice with the 4th gens, so I don't fault those who still wish to have this experience - to me it's just not worth it at this point.

84 month loan? Wow. For someone who drives 12-15k miles per year, they'd still be making payments on a ~100k mile car. Hopefully one could get that paid off early.

Quick Reply: 16 camaro specs revealed! 3685 lbs 0-60 4.0 1/4 mile 12.3@116