Gen 6 Camaro 2016+ Forum The forum for discussion of the 6th Gen 2016+ Camaro

Just bought a 2021 - few questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a 2021 - few questions?

Hi Everyone!

Just bought a 2021 2LT 4 cyl Friday. Coming from a 2016 Mustang Ecoboost...

I like it a lot. I think the fit and finish is much nicer than the Mustang. Love the touch of red on this package. Completely different car IMO. Drive quality, fit and finish, etc...

Few questions?

The ecoboost had a known problem with Cylinder 3 - even I blew up an engine
-- Any known problems with the Camaro 2.0 4 cyl?

For the Mustang, I always went to americanmuscle.com or steeda.com for aftermarket parts.
-- Is there / who is the major distributor for the Camaro?

I don't think I'm gonna take the Camaro as far as I did the Mustang; we did quite a bit to it (fenders, hood, spoiler, wrap, methanol, catch can, tune, cai, exhaust, racing seats / racing harnesses, etc...) - but probably at least a CAI and a tune
-- Preferred tuner for the 4 cyl? I just want to wake the car up a bit - 1st gear seams a bit sluggish?

Kinda missing the interior lighting accents from the mustang. I thought I saw a kit to add it to the 2LT?

Had a flow master exhaust and MBRP downpipe on the mustang and it was just too damn loud. I think I'd like (if i do it) an active exhaust so I can quiet it down when I'm just getting groceries lol...

Only real gripe is complete lack of storage With the top down, we barely got 2 beach bags in the trunk lol. But it's sooooo much nicer to have the top hide in the trunk when it's down. Just a much cleaner look.

Any other must have accessories for the convertible? I see the holes on the sides in the rear for the wind shield buffer thing they make. That's a nice touch. On the Mustang, I think it kinda wedged in between the rear seats and front seats. Love that I can take down the top and put it up > 5mph.
-- What's the max speed the top can be operated safely?

Anyway - super excited about this car! Thanks for any help!

-Mario
Tampa, FL

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2021 - few questions?