Gen 6 Camaro 2016+ Forum The forum for discussion of the 6th Gen 2016+ Camaro

18 Camaro SS TR6060 removal.... won’t go back in

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 05:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default 18 Camaro SS TR6060 removal.... won’t go back in

I pulled the transmission to put in a monster triple and had a extremely difficult time getting it out. Basically had to pry it to clear the body. Now I can’t for the life of me get this back in. I’ve loosened the frame well beyond the 5 and 1 turn in the service manual and I’ve jacked the front of the engine up until the oil pan touches the subframe and it still will not go. I’ve watched videos and people bring them right out and right back in. This thing has been as close as a 1/4” from the input going through the clutch but I cannot for the life of me get this thing back in. What is the trick to this. It binds off against the body before it gets high enough to go in. I trimmed the sound deadening material in the spots it’s hitting hoping it will help but does anybody have any tricks for this. I’ve rotated the transmission on the jack and even tried different angles going in.
Old 04-11-2021, 06:15 PM
10 Second Club

Well for anybody curious I got it in. Had to get two friends here to help. Ended up completely removing the the rear and middle subframe bolts loosened the front well beyond the service manuals 1 turn. Removed the passenger header and put a scissor jack between the driver header and the floor in order to pull it down enough to get it back in. I truly hate these cars lol.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

They are kind of a PITA to work on. (Some things are actually easy to work on, on them though) I gave up on putting a skip shift eliminator on mine. It was just too much effort for the reward IMO. I'm just a normal sized guy with regular sized handled and getting the harness off the transmission was almost impossible without dropping the transmission, and I started thinking, "if I get this thing off, and I going to be able to get it back on without lowering the tranny?" I'm not dropping the transmission just to do a skip shift eliminator.

I hope you went ahead and did the Hurst STS everyone raves about while you had the tranny out.?.? Lol
Old 04-17-2021, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 141 Posts

You can turn skip shift off in the tune.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

I’m actually working on it for a friend. Car made 568 on E85 at GPI. He decided he wanted to do axles, 2step, line lock, clutch, shifter and a 1 piece driveshaft all at once. I’ve cussed the thing since it’s been here. The hurst shifter is definitely a shorter throw.

Quick Reply: 18 Camaro SS TR6060 removal.... won’t go back in