General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My F-Body story

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to see if they will drop the price. and I also want a warrenty.

waiting for a trans am around here takes forever.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Regular

Well let me give you a little insight. Im an ex mustang owner, I've owned two94 mustangs, one 95, and one 91. All of them were GT's and all of them were 5spds. I have modded them, raced them, supercharged them ran nitrous, etc etc. The only way I would own another mustang is if it were an 03-04 cobra. Short of that I will never own another mustang again. Why? Because it takes way too much money to make them fast. For the 5.0 crowd, the aftermarket is huge with good reason these cars start out with 215-225 hp. 215hp for the 94-95 which you don't want because of the stupid computer issues that plague that car. The 93's are doing 225hp and is the car of choice for most 5.0 guys. But heres the problem your gonna spend $2800 plus to get close to the level of a stock LS1. If the LS1 is modded at all its game over, now your talking about a supercharger or a really, really good stroker, or possibly both.

You thinking 4.6 stang, well the parts are much more expensive for this motor and the aftermarket is no where near what it is for the 5.0. With its smaller displacement I'd stay away from anything thats not a Dohc mach 1 or a cobra. The best 4.6 stang you can buy is the 03-04 cobra period. To get a good one your gonna spend 22K and up.

Good luck
Old 10-12-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

You over paid a bit. Take it out on the dealer's ***. . . get a new motor out of them or all of your money back.

If you decide to give it back and look for a f-body again. Look out of state, it will help a lot. I was looking for a car all over the states and got lucky and found mine localy.