General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

In love with new G8...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In love with new G8...

So i work at a pontiac dealer (also other GM brands) And yesterday i had a lot car come to me with an issue. 2008 G8 L76. Basicly they said sometimes they would take off from a stop and it wouldnt have any power. So i test drove it and it did just that. Once and a while it would get to 2k rpm after a stop and you could floor it with no power. Just a little. It would climb 20-21-22-23-24..... so on. Let off the pedal, back in it and off it would go. Well for some reason the computer is seeing 100% command from pedal sensor, but throttle body is only doing 33%. Im thinking it has something to due with a bad IPC. But anyways, the thing is i was driving, getting in and out of it, messing with it for a good amout of time, and i must say i love this car.

The drivability is great, the ride is superb, yet handles great. Swap some l92 heads on that biotch and a cam. Would make it the way GM engineers prob wanted it. ANyways, anyone looking to get one, do it. I cant wait to get back to it tomorrow morning. Gonna go try to "duplicate the problem" first thing. haha