General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

camaro in the making, alot of pics,

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow if I can understand what the writing said I could say more. Looks like one hell of a project. Built ls motor on spray. Sweet. Any time or dyno numbers yet
Old 10-28-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vat Uhbeen Gooten Yah!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i sould be able of translate some of the text,

the shortblock isn't really a built one, but i bougth a assembled 99+ style block, the rolling assembly is the stock one, but it has katech rodbolts, performance bearings, stronger head bolts, katech studs for the (hmm crankshaft bearings) clevite piston rings, durabnd cam bearings,ls2 timegear/chain ported ls6 pump and more, it would maybe be shorter to say that that it has everything stronger, but the crank/rods/pistons,

the rest of the motor..
patriot stageII ls6 heads, 59cc
extreme lift springs,
comp cam hardened chromoly pushrods
harland sharp roller rockers
226/2267.585.112LSA patriot cam
ls7 lifters
ls6 multy layer head gaskets,

fast 90mm intake
fast fuel rails w/gauge
fast fuel line kit
NW 90mm tb
svo injectors (36lb@60psi?)
racetronix fuel system
fast toys ftra eam air kit,
fast toys 85mm air lid
gm 85mm maf

EGR removed,
air pump removed
ls1speed polished valve covers,
new stely knock sensor modd
160° thermo

ls7 clutch kit
pacesetter long tubes
pacesetter Y pipe
SLP loudmouth

susps
vogtland 1.2" drop
bilstein shocks
spohn swaybars
umi relocation brackets
umi rear control arms
umi SFC's
umi chromoly strut bar

the nitro kit is a complete 90mm plate system form nitrous outlet,
exterior modds,
repainted the whole car, oem colour, but glasurit 45 clear coad, mirror like reflection, whe also spent some time working the wafes down in the plastic (doors fenders)
sanded the underbody down, primed, painted and then tectilspray over that,

i removed the camaro badge in the fron bumper and filled up the hole, filled up the holes for the grill, filled up the camaro letters in the rear panel. new wheels,

and im in no doubt that i forgot something..

the other texts says in shortened version
the car started out as a rather plain Z, 16" wheels, no leather, but T top, monsson, sport package and 6speed,

it was first registered in texas 01.1998, had some minor water damage almoast new, and was imported here in early 99, and was the first lsx fbody that came to iceland.. and the first one i ever saw... i got pictures of it since i was 14,

the car itself had little as no damage from the water, but the motor was stuck, it was rebuilded and sold to an 50year old man, that owned it from 99 till 06, and drove it from 3k miles, to 31k, 33k on the clock a.t.m, the older man that owned it never abused it, just kept it in the garage and drove it around during sunny days, so its kinda funny, one of the unmolested examples that i found has a flood title, the car has never had any electrical problems, and no marks of waterdamage anywhere,

rigth now its over 90%ready, but my texaspeed ECU and vogtland springs are stuck in the us, and because of the HUGE finance crisis here a.t.m i must wait for atleast few months before i can ship them,

i am hoping for something like 420rwhp N/A, and high 11's