General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Withdrawal... Car on stands for 8 months..

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Withdrawal... Car on stands for 8 months..

Well I also posted in the manny trans section. Just cant get the motivation to put her back together. I need to do it. I miss that rumble. Not to mention what its gonna feel like after the install. I currently need to put together the midwest fab 9 w detroit locker and 4.11's. Rebuild the tranny dreadin that, and throw the tex clutch in. Its killin me. I just want to get her done and dump that clutch on them hoosiers awaitin!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i feel your pain, i didnt bring my bird with me to college so i have to make random trips home (hour away) just to drive it around lol...
Old 10-22-2008, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just start, if your anything like I am you won't be able to stop and before you know it you will not have eatin in 11 hours and its 4am and your still in the garage. The only reason you'll know its 4am is because you'll still be using loud power tools and your neighbors will call a noise complaint on you so the police will show up at your garage.

At least thats how it usually goes for me.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:51 AM
TECH Addict

Have some friends over and have a good time puttin it together. I get pist off and stay pist off when working on cars sometimes. If I get pist while friends are over it somehow turns into something funny so I have a good time. That or sell it and buy something already built. Good luck!
Old 10-22-2008, 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Unfortunately none of my friends are mechanically inclined. I pulled all the crap out myself. And generally do everything by myself. Liftin heavy crap wears you out quick. I would be real happy if I could just get the rear put together and in the car. Then I can worry about the tranny stuff. The rear shouldnt be hard. Just liftin the crap and getting it to a shop where I can get the bearings pressed in.. Othe rthan that its just trying to remember what bolt goes where.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I hear ya man..some of that stuff's a bitch with the 9".

Mine blew the rear up, sat for about a month n a half till I got the 9" built in it, then the next day on the test drive it blew the Tranny up.

So it sat for two months before I left for Iraq while I got it setup for the T56. Now it sits in storage and won't be out till march.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Good luck, it'll be worth it when it's done
Old 10-22-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SchultzLT1
Just start, if your anything like I am you won't be able to stop and before you know it you will not have eatin in 11 hours and its 4am and your still in the garage. The only reason you'll know its 4am is because you'll still be using loud power tools and your neighbors will call a noise complaint on you so the police will show up at your garage.

At least thats how it usually goes for me.
hahahaha
Old 10-23-2008, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very true schultz. Once I get started on crap it hard for me to stop. Its almost like Im in a siberian work camp. Its getting started thats the hard part. Then after all this is done it will probably be time to take it apart again for a cam... or maybe a procharger
Old 10-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Launching!

I'm driving back home from college this week (i didnt bring the t/a up here) just for the purpose of driving my trans am before i have to put it in storage for winter. Its weird because im going to dread the 4 hour trip back home in my sunfire, but right when i get there im going to jump into my trans am and drive around pointlessly.....