General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Dealer smurfed me.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ummm.... lawyer. yea it will be cheap to fix but its the princaple of the situation. they lied.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jpalamar
They then offered to put cats back on and patch the leak. I explained to them I didn't buy a car to have cats welded into the exhaust and have a patch on it. I wanted the whole exhaust replaced. They declined.
So they offered to fix it, but you said no? Have them fix it and when you get some more money you can just upgrade the hole exhaust system - no big deal really.

I think you're making this WAY more of a problem then it needs to be. They offered to buy it back, you said no. They offer to fix it, you said no. They can't take back what is already done.

Also, you said the exhaust leak happened AFTER you bought the car, why do you think you should be rewarded with a new exhaust? The most they should have been willing to do was pay to have a cat put in and fix the exhaust leak - which they did.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got pulled over because my registration didn't match. They impounded my car on the stop. Cost me $100+ to get new plates and more to get out out for towing/storeage and fines.
You got pulled over because your regristration didn't match?
Old 11-13-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

I understand where you are coming from. You expected a GM certified vehicle and rightfully so. However, they messed up and did not sell you one. They offered within reason to fix the problem by welding cats on the exhaust where the belong and to patch the exhaust/hanger for free. That is very reasonable being the vehicle is out of manufacturers warranty.

I say stop worrying that much about it and get headers and a new mid pipe and have more fun.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ssduane
Yea, I was gonna ask about that too.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SchultzLT1
You bought a modded used car, I don't know how much you expected the dealership to do about it. You need to see the dealership about all the fines/plates more than the exhaust. Go to a local shop that does free estimates to look at the suspension. Stop going back to the stealership. Go after them for that money you lost and cut them off there.

If you didn't get a warranty there is not much you can do about it.
the point is he bought it as a certified used car that was supposedly stock according to the dealer who sold it. so the dealer and his certified mechanic are to blame call district rep and complain the dealer should take care of it after that.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ssduane
Happened to me, kinda.

I had the previous owners plates still on the car (had the paper plate in my glove box) and I got pulled over for it. He said he called in the plates, and they came back false. The cop told me he could have had the car impounded for "Stolen Plates" but told me to just put on the paper plate next time I stopped.

Originally Posted by knappbunch
the point is he bought it as a certified used car that was supposedly stock according to the dealer who sold it. so the dealer and his certified mechanic are to blame call district rep and complain the dealer should take care of it after that.
I didn't read anywhere they told him it was stock. Anyway it wasn't a performance part that caused the problem. They offered to fix the part they "lied" about (and depending where you live the car still very well could HAVE passed emissions without a cat). It's a used car - they don't have the time to tear down every car they get to make sure it's stock.

I understand being mad, but they seem to be willing to help and you are just being stubborn. If you took it to court, I highly doubt you would be rewarded a new exhaust system, or a full refund.

Last edited by Counted Out; 11-13-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knappbunch
Not to mention I mean please....didn't you notice your exhaust smelled like **** and it was louder than usual. He knew it was modded when he bought it, and if he didn't then he shouldn't really have a GTO. If my car didn't have cats I would know upon start-up.

Get an exhaust shop to fix it, then go after them about the plates thing and suspension. Maybe just have them patch the hole and say you'll forget about the cats.

Besides, getting cats put on would be a downgrade.

And c'mon.... what did you do to get pulled over? Were you being speedy in your new race car?
Old 11-13-2008, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Yea, I was gonna ask about that too.
X3.. there's more to that story..
Old 11-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

let them put cats on the car and patch the exhaust. then take the car to a muffler shop remove cats and recycle them "100.00 a cat" and run with it!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

I would suggest emailing or getting ahold of corporate in some way to take care of the troubles you are going through...just start at the top and then work your way down the ladder from there...they will have to fix it if you can get ahold of their superiors....but good luch man you should be able to get what you want from there...
Old 11-13-2008, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

I don't think it is dramatic to expect what you paid for. The exhaust isn't the only problem the car has, the suspenion is making loud noises in the front and they dealer never processed the paperwork for my plate transfer. I got pulled over because my registration didn't match. They impounded my car on the stop. Cost me $100+ to get new plates and more to get out out for towing/storeage and fines.
yeah ild pich more of a fit over the tags, then the exhaust, sooner or later ur going to want different exhaust anyways, let them fix it the way they offered to, & make them fix the front, thats thier deal with it! also, make them pay u back or something over the tags, contact the better business burea about all of this!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sucks, but you were the one that didn't inspect the vehicle. I have no cats and passed emissions/got my new stickers no problem.

Have them fix the hole in the exhaust and have them give you the cats separately then sell them for money, lol.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Counted Out
Happened to me, kinda.

I had the previous owners plates still on the car (had the paper plate in my glove box) and I got pulled over for it. He said he called in the plates, and they came back false. The cop told me he could have had the car impounded for "Stolen Plates" but told me to just put on the paper plate next time I stopped.
Hmm, interesting. Never heard of this mistake happening to someone after a purchase.

... Although I guess what happened to me is similar. I bought my baby outright in cash with no financing but the salesman that I bought it from never submitted some paperwork to the DMV showing that the lien was satisfied. So even though I had posesion of the car and the tittle the DMV had no record of that being fact because it wasn't in their database. I only found this out 2.5 years later when I got into an accident and had to surrender the tittle in exchange for a salvage tittle. ...Problem was that the DMV still didn't have that on record until I had to go down to the dealership I originally bought the car from and dragged the owner to a notary to show a lien satisfied. Fun **** I tell ya!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Hmm, interesting. Never heard of this mistake happening to someone after a purchase.
That's because most people keep the plates. I bought the car really late at night and the guy totally spaced taking them off. I should have taken them off, but I didn't care enough until I got pulled over.

Your story sounds like hell though. I hate going to the MVD for anything.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
That sucks, but you were the one that didn't inspect the vehicle. I have no cats and passed emissions/got my new stickers no problem.
See. So now if you think about it, they NEVER lied to you (if that particular car will pass without cats) and they are still willing to fix the problem.

Let them fix it. Enjoy the new car.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

Here you have 30 days to get it Registered in your name. As long as you have a Bill Of Sale and some form existing Auto Insurance, you are good.

Me personally, if I'm intending on buying something, I get the Insurance setup on it the day before I get it.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by the_merv
Here you have 30 days to get it Registered in your name. As long as you have a Bill Of Sale and some form existing Auto Insurance, you are good.

Me personally, if I'm intending on buying something, I get the Insurance setup on it the day before I get it.
I've always done the insurance setup the day of. I feel ya on this one.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Counted Out
So they offered to fix it, but you said no? Have them fix it and when you get some more money you can just upgrade the hole exhaust system - no big deal really.

I think you're making this WAY more of a problem then it needs to be. They offered to buy it back, you said no. They offer to fix it, you said no. They can't take back what is already done.

Also, you said the exhaust leak happened AFTER you bought the car, why do you think you should be rewarded with a new exhaust? The most they should have been willing to do was pay to have a cat put in and fix the exhaust leak - which they did.
+1 on this one
Old 11-13-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

At the same time to, I don't think they know how much those parts cost to replace. Once they would have found out the salesman would have been kick'n his own *** for offering the replacement.