General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Not so happy thanksgiving

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have a bad alternator. Sounds like you need a rebuild. Alts do that, especially if they are going bad and have some moisture in it, especially if its been cold out and the engine is nice and warm. Go to advanced auto or autozone and have them run a alternator test. I bet thats what it is. Sounds like what my TA did when the alt **** the bed, and these **** the bed after a couple years. Good luck.

Mike
Old 11-28-2008, 06:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
You have a bad alternator. Sounds like you need a rebuild. Alts do that, especially if they are going bad and have some moisture in it, especially if its been cold out and the engine is nice and warm. Go to advanced auto or autozone and have them run a alternator test. I bet thats what it is. Sounds like what my TA did when the alt **** the bed, and these **** the bed after a couple years. Good luck.

Mike
thank u. i will have my alternator checked tomorrow. so a bad alternator can cause my ses light to not show and not run for long?
Old 11-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

my car has done the excact same thing.it was my my battery post was wallowed out and the bolt would move around in its place a cause all my **** to go bezerk.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kent seay
my car has done the excact same thing.it was my my battery post was wallowed out and the bolt would move around in its place a cause all my **** to go bezerk.
my post are fine. man i sure hope my alternator is the prob! makes me feel better that it could be an alternator or battery. didnt wanna deal with anything more expensive
Old 11-28-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nemss1
my post are fine. man i sure hope my alternator is the prob! makes me feel better that it could be an alternator or battery. didnt wanna deal with anything more expensive
take and check them both
usually a bad alt. will affect the battery lifespan and vice versa.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NemeSS
take and check them both
usually a bad alt. will affect the battery lifespan and vice versa.
ya got the battery tested today and said it was bad. got home and swapped batteries out of another car and sprayed starter fluid. started up, ran for a few seconds and died. man i hope its the alternator!
Old 11-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Village Idiot

I can't stand the people that bitch and whine over small things like that...Sounds like a very Minor problem too me..

Pal you shouldn't let the little things ruin your thanksgiving like that!!!! Infact you should be grateful and thankful on thanksgiving day that you weren't diagnosed with cancer or something terrible like that.........Now that would really suck ***, not a bad battery or alt..... Cars break down, that's life.........

I say close thread out of respect for those that really suffer like our dis-membered Vets coming back from the Middle East war on thanksgiving day and have to read trivial crap like this...
Old 11-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Teching In

relax jibby u dont have to be rude . maybe if his car cant turn on he cant go to work and support his family maybe he cant feed his kids who knows .
Old 11-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Village Idiot

Sorry, I was rude, my bad....I sometimes get fired up over this stuff and love to keep it positive, what can I say? I think I forgot to take my meds or something...

Black Friday why not Good Friday? Isn't everything on sale, so it should be good thing and not a dark thing, no?
Old 11-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Teching In

lol seriously dude did u hear about black friday they killed a walmart worker they ran him over n crushed his longs thats sad
Old 11-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Village Idiot

Yep, I did hear about that Walmart worker getting trampled to death......Now, how the hell does that happen?..Don't people know they are trampling someone in a department store? It's not like a European futbol event now is it? The dude opens the department doors and gets knocked down and people start steping on him and he is then trampled til death...WOW!!! Not good....

I wonder if this imployee was a very small and tiny woman or an obese man in poor health?

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-29-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts

I just hope the people that were in the front of the line that know they did it come forward and take the punishment, but they wont, so I hope they go to hell.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Village Idiot

I would think it almost impossible to step full weight on someone and kill them. I would think you would just roll off and or sprain your ankle or something... The only way I would think this could happen is if there was a sardine effect and the crowd running in fell down ontop of the employee then the dog pile effect occured.. The employee then sufficated or got crushed to death... I don't know about this trampled thing... Getting tampled by a herd of running bulls like in Spain I could see happening but a herd of people?

It just seems almost impossible to me... I would start swigging and squirming for my life, struggle to get up, or find a wall to avoid the onslaught.. Tuck in the Fetal position or something, anything......However, if a 250 pound man steps on your head and stays positioned there it could be trouble... Even worse the same 250 pound fat man falls down and sits right on your head and then farts... That would kill you right there... I am sorry I shouldn't be joking about this...My bad again...

Seriously, I feel bad for the employee and his family...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-29-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
I would think it almost impossible to step full weight on someone and kill them. I would think you would just roll off and or sprain your ankle or something... The only way I would think this could happen is if there was a sardine effect and the crowd running in fell down ontop of the employee then the dog pile effect occured.. The employee then sufficated or got crushed to death... I don't know about this trampled thing... Getting tampled by a herd of running bulls like in Spain I could see happening but a herd of people?

It just seems almost impossible to me... I would start swigging and squirming for my life, struggle to get up, or find a wall to avoid the onslaught.. Tuck in the Fetal position or something, anything......However, if a 250 pound man steps on your head and stays positioned there it could be trouble... Even worse the same 250 pound fat man falls down and sits right on your head and then farts... That would kill you right there... I am sorry I shouldn't be joking about this...My bad again...

Seriously, I feel bad for the employee and his family...

America is a very large country...I am sure some 300+ pound man stepped on their throat.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Village Idiot

Yeah, but if you step on someones throat, don't you realise that and not put all your weight down?... I just don't get it... I think they tripped and fell ontop of the small dude or small chick....Basically dog piled up... Well maybe when your that fat you just can't control your weight literally, who frigg'n knows?

It's pathetic to think what some people will do to get a good deal at a department store... It's not like the stuff was free or something...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-29-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts

They were looking over the Crowd and not looking down, and I guarantee that with the Adrenaline Rush, they didn't feel anything thy stepped on..
Old 11-29-2008, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SOOOO is the car fixed? i would also go the extra step just to make sure and check all your fuses as well..just an idea
Old 11-29-2008, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
SOOOO is the car fixed? i would also go the extra step just to make sure and check all your fuses as well..just an idea
yup, all fuses are good. the car isnt fixed yet. hope i get it all sorted out
Old 11-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Launching!

I swapped my battery, all is well.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5SiX1
I swapped my battery, all is well.
well thats good sounded like that or the Alt had the same problem when i didnt tighten down my cables on the batt all the way tight and was acting weired i guess gm are vary sensitive to things like that.

glad to here its back to normal again