General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Losing enthusiasm

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sway99bird
Yea and you drive a vert that says alot at least it's a V8.........................
IMO there isn't anything wrong with driving a 4 banger as a DD. If I was you I would do what everybody is saying get a diffrent DD
DUDE WTF your talk'n **** bout my car cause I said that I had no prob
w/people driving 4-banger ---- Just not my thing
IMO there isn't anything wrong w/driving an 8 cyl as a DD either!!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

if your getting bored I would think long and hard about keeping the car. I still grin everytime I get in my TA.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 146 Likes on 73 Posts

Every single i time i turn that key and hear it turn over, im in heaven. I especially love those cold starts in the morning. I suggest you either get another car as you DD or find a hobby that involves your car. Auto-x is great fun and doesnt involving beating on it like drag racing. Doesnt matter if your stock or modded. You would be amazed at how many stock cars can whoop up on modded ones in the twisties. Join a car club or something man!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If it's time to move on then move on. There's nothing written in stone that says that you have to keep the car.

You may sell it and regret it, but oh well, you can buy another one later.

If it's paid off and you have another car you could store it until a friend, track event, or something else sparks your interests in the car.

I hope that whatever you choose to do makes you happy.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me I think we all have come to that area in our lives at least once. I know when I was drag racing so much it was like a job and when it started becoming a second job that's when I put the car back in the trailer and let her sit for a while.
For me what I like to do to get some motivation is go to some races. Get into the pits, look at the cool stuff others are doing and research some of the stuff you have never seen before. I know that works for me. I like to go into the Top fuel pits and take some pics, ask questions write things down.
Now I know that it's hard right now to go and watch any type of racing since it's cold out, but don't let that keep you down. Surf the net for interesting things outside of your norm.

Just my .02
Old 12-04-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Koastie57
wow there are quite a few of the "I'm losing interest/I'm getting bored of my LS1" threads lately.... whats up?
Its the time of year, people get more down when its cold outside, you get bored, depressed, sad there isnt **** to do but work or mod your car...I was starting to get a little bored of the look of mine so Im trying to trade or sell my wheels to get some new ones to freshen it up and Im putting the ls6 intake on here soon as well. When she comes back out in the spring its always like a different car to me! The time apart driving a 95 ford taurus makes it like getting a new car year after year!
Old 12-04-2008, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 287 Likes on 216 Posts

Hell I would love to have mine over here in the Desert, I can put the damn thing back together..it would give me something to do, and then it would be done.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

If your not happy with the car then get rid of it. I have made up my mind that I am going to get rid of mine when I can afford to hopefully in the next year or so. Something is always breaking on these damn cars. It pisses me off. If it's not the cheap speakers then it's the window motors. If it's not the window motors then it's the headlight motors. If it's not that then all the cheap plastic panles in the car are cracking. If not that then it is the random squeaks from all over the car. Sorry had the urge to rant.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Get a DD. I drove a 4cl Sonoma every day, and my Z28 feels like a brand new car every time I get in to it. Just sold the Sonoma so now I've been driving the car everywhere, and it's starting to get old. It's time to mod, and find another DD.

I am also a car *****. 19 years old, this is number 5 F-body for me, 2 bikes, 2 s10/sonoma, and a Jeep. I get bored of stuff WAY too fast.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts

Well, if modding is what you want - ls6 intake, longtubes, and tune. Huge diffrerence in the car. That will keep you happy for about 6 mos. Then spray, then start fixing broken ****! I stay happy with maintenance and small stuff; upgrade brakes as they wear, change oil, clean stuff, led bulbs. You can do a lot if you're creative and enjoy simple things. Spend time and money on maintenance and you will break less **** and have more money for mods. Stall for an auto or a shifter for an m6 really enhance the driving enjoyment too.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

my 2 cents....sell it to me!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya know I will say this I started off with POS cars first a Blue oval crap exploder (92 eddie bauer) broke down like crazy. then I got my grand am 3400 v6, fastest I have taken it in the 1/4 mile was a 15.77 at 1500 feet with 100 degree weather, DA corrected was like 14.99, then I got to drive a couple Z28's nothing comapres to the feeling, I love the feel over a LT no cat, with cat back and intake and tune G8 didn't like the lack of feeling with the road, or my brother in laws 335i, both were very nice but the camaro has it's own feeling, if the only bad part is cheap plastic pieces in the car then so be it look at the dozens of other cars that are breaking down with motor or tranny issues, ahem the GTR POS by nissan.

I say this if you are bored with an Fbody then you need to down grade, it's like when you are with a really awesome chick but you get tired and you break up with her cause you decide that you want to be dumb but then you realize how awesome she was and you kick yourself in the *** for breaking up with her. Same thing. I came from having crap "girls" to actually now having something worth talking about.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SSANDMAN
starting to get bored. what will get me interested in my car again that doesnt cost more than around 1k. thats all i have to spend at the moment. i was thinking ls6 intake (i have an '00) ported tb, maf, and a cutout. any other thoughts?
Easily koni SAs, you wont believe you are driving the same car...
Old 12-04-2008, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Simple, pull out the drive train and put it in a real old classic muscle car. That way it will handle like crap and be a hand full to drive every time you step on the throttle. Believe me you want get bored, and you want have to worry with quote "Something is always breaking on these damn cars. It pisses me off. If it's not the cheap speakers then it's the window motors. If it's not the window motors then it's the headlight motors. If it's not that then all the cheap plastic panles in the car are cracking. If not that then it is the random squeaks from all over the car."
Old 12-04-2008, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

No thanks. Don't want an older car. Got a old car with enough problems.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

starting to get bored. what will get me interested in my car again that doesnt cost more than around 1k. thats all i have to spend at the moment. i was thinking ls6 intake (i have an '00) ported tb, maf, and a cutout. any other thoughts?
Cam time!! LOL more power is a quick cure and you can put a nice little cam in there that will wake the car up and make it fun to drive again. I can put a package together for you, it's an easy swap and I rent out the specialty tools you need to do the job.
Edelbrock has a cam that you dont even need to have a tune done to enjoy but its wwlays best to get the mots out of it if you have it tuned it.
The money for a cam package and re-tune is right around 1000. Let me know if I can help you out.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am feeling the same way right now. Part of me wants to sell the car and part of me wants to keep it until I die lol.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, ive been through that stage before too. I only REALLY considered selling it once when i went to look at a 999 ducati, and that almost did it for me, but it was right around wintertime and thinking of not having that first springtime wash almost made me cry. its just that time of year, the economys bad, and its just not exactly fun to have an expensive hobby when you cant really do much.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Must Be a A4. Get a stall or do a M6 swap!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
yeah, ive been through that stage before too. I only REALLY considered selling it once when i went to look at a 999 ducati, and that almost did it for me, but it was right around wintertime and thinking of not having that first springtime wash almost made me cry. its just that time of year, the economys bad, and its just not exactly fun to have an expensive hobby when you cant really do much.
I think that sums up how I feel right now. Its not like I just wanna sell my car either. Ya, I could probably sell it, buy a piece of crap beater for $1000 but I know I would miss my car.