General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

not happy at all, might decide to sell

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 01:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHA i think your cats are clogged. IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE! loss of power, crap milage, egr code, cat code. Should have thought about it earlier.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:52 AM
TECH Resident

agree with ^, it makes sense dude, if you're throwing a cat code and your car is down on power, put 2 and 2 together, your cats are fucked. that will **** with everything and you will be down on power. replace them with hi flows, cut them off, or w/e check over the egr again and you should be good to go.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

maybe your car is sick of being called Obama....
Old 12-17-2008, 03:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You upgraded to an ls6 style intake. you have a 2000 with egr that hasnt been tuned out. where did you plug it in at? you said you have a knock sensor code. buy the upgrade harness. i had to pull my intake afterwards because the heat messes with plugs on the ks and makes them read wrong. if your cats are clogged go ahead and do a lt/ ory and get a tune. make sure who ever tunes the car tunes out the rear o2's/ egr/ air. also recheck everything u did. ive been working on cars for 15yrs and i still double check my work. oh yeah, dont sweat it man, working on cars is a pain in the ***, but the finished product is all worth the bullshit. good luck getting it fixed and dont let it make you make foolish decisions. you'll eventually regret it.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
maybe your car is sick of being called Obama....

That was just a joke when I thought he was gonna lose the election, My cars name is KITT

So everyone thinks its the cats what can I do from m current spot, canI just drill into the cats ???? I am getting headers saturday(at TTP) I jut want it to run good for a while

ALSO! when we did the intake and plugs I did forget wire #2, could that have been what fucked up the cat(s)? Its was not on long at al it was just a honest mistake, maybe on for 10-15 seconds with #2 down
Old 12-17-2008, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

You only changed 3 things. WTF is wrong with you guys saying its 10 others. I'll bet dollars to cents it's a vaccum leak. Somewhere your intake isn't sealing. Of course it's going to dump fuel and cause other things to say 'hey something isn't right'. Stop whining about doing a burnout and go sort your ****. Try the old carb cleaner trick of spraying it down where it could be drawing air and seeing if it revs up, Or get a small thing of propane and a small hose, turn it on so it's coming out and move the hose around the bay/intake till it revs up.

Yeah, a tune will help, but 8mpg is a vaccum leak.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Red99TA
The people saying to get LT's and a tune are just plain stupid...there's something else wrong with your car. 8mpg is so F-ed up it's obvious there's something going on. You've got codes for vac leak and cats...find the damn vac leak, fix the cat/O2 issue and gap your plugs at 0.050...problem solved. And if you go catless then you don't need the rear O2's but you absolutely need the front O2's, just put sims on for the rears or get the check engine light tuned out.
I'd like to know just how we're stupid when the OP said NOTHING about any kind of an idle issue at all, which would be a dead giveaway of a vaccuum leak.

We're just simple people thousands of miles away trying to help the sub-par Joe Shadetree who needs to go back to voc. school figure out why his car is a piece of turd.

You changed the IM. Problems occurred. The problem should be obvious now, with codes and all, yet you're STILL ignoring it. You're probably getting a catalyst code/o2 codes due to the fact that the car is so unbelieveably stupid rich that the cat lacks the ability to properly control the choking cloud of raw fuel coming from this hooptie. Just because a car throws a code DOESN'T mean the sensor throwing the code is bad, it means set parameters have been exceeded, indicating a problem.......

Since you want to ignore the simple fact of what's going on, take your car somewhere, let them plug a scantool into it, and compare MAP, IAC, TPS readings and such. Your problem will become VERY obvious.

Or, you can listen to us, and fix your damn car, not just mod it more in hopes that it will fix it, now that we truly know what's going on, and not just speculating.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Kills
I'd like to know just how we're stupid when the OP said NOTHING about any kind of an idle issue at all, which would be a dead giveaway of a vaccuum leak.
In hindsight you're right...you guys didn't see all the posts about his codes before recommending more mods

We're just simple people thousands of miles away trying to help the sub-par Joe Shadetree who needs to go back to voc. school figure out why his car is a piece of turd.
You changed the IM. Problems occurred. The problem should be obvious now, with codes and all, yet you're STILL ignoring it.
Joe needs a kick in the pants!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Teching In

i could be wrong but if there was a leak issue or any sensors messing up, any good tuner would be able to find out exactly whats going on.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just bring it to a ******* mechanic. you are guessing and relaying one piece of info at a time to us so everyone has a different thought. let someone who knows what they are doing fix your **** and explain what went wrong. i'm all for working on your own car, but it seems you don't have enough skills/confidence/commitment to do so.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
I had to get the codes checked, I am throwing a cat code( there shot i am getting LT/tune ) I am throwing a vacuum code and still my stupid knock code I replaced both knock sensors wtf gives

also my oil pressure gauge is reading 110 PSI all the time I don't know how to fix it I just recently put a new one in after breaking the old one
I would take off your intake and check to see if the oil sending unit is unpluged or broken. Also my friend had cats that went bad and he said it felt slow. The cats would glow if he ran it hard. Just replace the cats or get LT's.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

My guess on the cat code is since you are only getting 8MPG, you most likely have a cat overtemp code. With all that extra fuel being dump those cats are becoming red hot!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:46 PM
12 Second Club

Its the cats, I had them deep orange today, the knock sensor went away and the EGR is caused by the cats ******* up, once the cats are replaced all should be good, So my question is what all will be tuned out for the cats?
Old 12-17-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

just the rear o2s will be tuned out. It would have been easier if you told us the exact codes that you had. It depends on which o2 sensor to determine what is wrong. O2 codes dont always mean its a bad o2. Like in your case with the cat.

Im glad you found what was wrong. I was thinking cats or vacuum leak.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you don't have the money to get LT's yet, I would gutt out the cats untill you can get LT's. It's not good to drive it with bad cats.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CoastieWS6
If you don't have the money to get LT's yet, I would gutt out the cats untill you can get LT's. It's not good to drive it with bad cats.
Even with the cost of scrap down, that's idiot talk.

Park your car and do it right. Sell your cats/stock Y and order parts. Don't half *** it.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have all of these codes and you are worried about burnouts.. please sell the car.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Even with the cost of scrap down, that's idiot talk.

Park your car and do it right. Sell your cats/stock Y and order parts. Don't half *** it.
+1 I got my LTs CC, O/R Y and CB for $899.99 shipped
Old 12-18-2008, 06:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Keenov
You have all of these codes and you are worried about burnouts.. please sell the car.

YOU STUPID *** MOTHER ******! READ THE THREAD, WHEN i SAID i CANT DO BURNOUT ITS BECAUSE OF THE CODES, JESUS CHRIST,

Tell me to sell my car you an come suck my dick, stupid *******

now its time to go get my coffee
Old 12-18-2008, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
YOU STUPID *** MOTHER ******! READ THE THREAD, WHEN i SAID i CANT DO BURNOUT ITS BECAUSE OF THE CODES, JESUS CHRIST,

Tell me to sell my car you an come suck my dick, stupid *******

now its time to go get my coffee
Don't forget your Midol with that coffee.
At least the problem with the Car seems to be figured out ...