General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

i totaled my Trans Am yesterday. Need Advice. (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy it back.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is very cheap to buy it back. I would definitely do it. I had a 1996 V6 Camaro totaled and they wanted $800 for me to buy it back and they were only giving me $4,500 for the car in the first place. You could probably sell the motor alone for that, but I'd fix it and sell it.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:02 AM
12 Second Club

holy ****! i hope you buy that car back! part it out! or fix it! and save enough money to do some mods!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Teching In

Sorry to hear of your loss here.
My vote is to buy it back and part it out.
My guess is you could make several extra $$$$.$$.
Bumper, tail lenses, spoiler, doors, skirt, glass, seats, console, dash parts, engine, trans, differential, brakes, ext... all have value to them.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

he could sell the car as is for $5k+
Old 01-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Default check it

Originally Posted by transamsrock
my insurance offered me $10,900
and $872 to buy my car back!!
what do you think guys?
hurry! need suggestions, ideas etc!
thanx
If you really want to fix it let me know bro and it depends where you live too or if you are willing to tow it over here by the sun city. This is how I decided to keep my car, 2007was a bad year for me and I was scarred inside, I passed that on to my car especially because it was my first car and the first time I crashed (it reflects my inside)...I was determined to have it back on the road. i think you said it was your fault, then you should fix it man! You can't just crash a bird and abandon it come on!!! This one dude here by the El Paso/Ciudad Juarez Border can fix it no problem (would take about a 1-1.5 months my guess, he works alone and has been doing so all his life, top of the line experience if you ask me), his name is Jose Ortega. He is in Ciudad Juarez actually and the way things are right now they are willing to fix anything for cheap, that's how I took advantage of it. Just 3 houses over lives a badass mechanic, his name is Hector. He can help with the mechanical details. Knows everything in an out seriously. e.g fuel injectors cleaned, brake installation all around and bleed the system, unlocked ignition, fixed fuel pump, replaced steering couplet and made my Transmission Perform button work again= charge me only $350 bucks. People have been doing it for years bringing their cars from Colorado, Wyoming, Florida, even New York and fix them here cause its way cheaper, then just take them back. All you need is the original Title when you take it back to where you live. Crossing the border into Ciudad Juarez is not that hard either. I can get a copy of the form you need to fill out. Very cheap dude no ****!!! Literally half of what they would charge you here in the states. Mine they would charge almost $4000 here in El Paso, TX, got it fixed for $1200 including new paint (from a Red to Sunset Orange Metallic) parts were another $600. Junkyard owners gave me some sweet deals cause I bought so many damn parts from them in El Paso. e.g. Steering knuckle, Brake Rotor with decent pads, Brake Caliper with hose lines=$60 bucks>>>Panhard Rod, Both Lower Control Arms, Exhaust Brace and Gas tank(without fuel pump)=$100 bucks. My bird is almost done and he is ready to take in another one. I'll send you pics of my car just so that you can get an idea of before and after if you're interested. let me know forsaken731@yahoo.com I would take the money, buy it back, and use the remainder for some modifications like headers, cam, WS6 hood with SLP, etc. I also have a connect for that as well very cheap. I have the business card in my other wallet. I'm going to take it to them so that they can install my headers, cam and maybe Nitrous. Whole lot of money saved if you go this route, plus some leftover for clothes maybe or a things for your girl.
Let me know dude e mail me
Old 01-08-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i really hope you took that money and bought it back! update!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

if you bought it back and are anywhere near md I have a hood from my old 98 trans am that mite match your color you can have for a 12 pack man.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Surferd15
PS. For everyday it sits there at the body shop most charge a storage fee.
my insurance is paying for it. and its not at a body shop. its at a storage yard. in Van nuys, California. yes. im from los angeles. i figure i should reveal my location so you guys near by can probably chime in thanks

Last edited by transamsrock; 01-09-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:03 AM

ok they made the offer wednesday. im calling them tomorrow (friday) to accept it. and buy my car back. i have triple AAA. so they can tow my car back to my place

Last edited by transamsrock; 01-09-2009 at 04:09 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:23 AM

heres the deal also:
i doubt i'll be parting **** out. i have no time. i work full time. and plus im really a novice. all i can do is my own maintenance, oil, fuel filter, window motor etc etc type stuff. so im thinking of having it fixed or selling as is. guys,make me an offer. i have all my car records. this motor only drinks chevron, shell, or 76 top tier gas. i have all my gas receipts. filled with 91+ only! receipts to prove. car was treated better than i treat a human being. i also have receipts of purchases made for the car cause i spend so much money on them. purchases like: wax, leather, care, etc etc. carwas never MODED!! never. i am not in to that. i am happy with 305hp. car was garaged since birth. mostly highway 75% never beated. i was a cowboy and that was my super horse!! i fed her well and treated her right. i can honestly say that this car was straight out of the factory.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Yeah they pay till a certain date just giving a heads up.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by transamsrock
she starts but cuts out. sorry forgot to mention. i just edited that in there. i'll let u know man. i'd love to have her back. i don't know. things are up in the air atm. thanks for the input and offer. will let u know whats up.
Go read about the fuel cut out or fuel inertia switch, reset it and it should start and stay running.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by z28poweredlt1
Go read about the fuel cut out or fuel inertia switch, reset it and it should start and stay running.
Watch it.. That's Ford talk right there, buddy...

Seriously though, as far as I know, only Ford uses inertial fuel cutoffs.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:20 PM
10 Second Club

I had to do it on the s10 that I rolled, and my truck that just got totalled infront of my house. They where both chevys (2000+)! I would imagine most cars do no adays.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TA-Swede
Watch it.. That's Ford talk right there, buddy...

Seriously though, as far as I know, only Ford uses inertial fuel cutoffs.

I had an 89 Mustang coupe....I was hit in the rear and that GD cutoff gave the kids who hit me enough time to run away. By the time I reset the switch they were long gone. The cops never found them.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

i would fix it take some parts off to see the real damage if any. you may luck out
Old 01-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Teching In

wow...if this could be shipped to the South I would buy it and fix it myself!!

Quick Reply: i totaled my Trans Am yesterday. Need Advice. (pics)