General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

car wont start after WOT

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car wont start after WOT

The other night coming home (1am WIDE open freeway) I opened the car up, nothing too crazy. I went from 80mph in 3rd gear to 120 top of 4th got home fine and the next morning the car wouldnt start. It wouldnt even crank and no battery problems (lights, stereo, etc all worked). I push start the car and it runs fine for a few days. today I decided to test the car out, took it out went from 70-120 came home, let the car sit for 2 hours and same thing, had to push start it to get it to crank over.

obviously Im gonna check the starter, but why would this happen? has anyone had this same problem? Im gonna change the oil and plugs to since its close enough to change them out too. Anthing else I should look at while im at it. Im on stock hydrolics that stick sometimes after I drive the car wide open but a few pumps they work fine again. Is it possibly a clutch/master cylinder problem?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

i dont really kno nething about cars but i would agree with u on the starter cause i had it go bad in my car... i jacked it up hit it with a hammer and it started
Old 01-14-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

hmmm interesting problem. maybe take the starter off and have it tested at auto zone. i had one giving me intermittent problems and took it in and it seemed to work fine on the bench but the employee could tell something wasn't right so i bought a new one and never had another problem.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

Might be that your clutch safety switch isn't connecting? Take a look at that.