General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

bad car deal

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Understand the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's thanks

As I said. No vin # on anything the person signed, no deal. Dealer didn't put vin # on paperwork because the car wasn't in their inventory, no deal. Some states have a grace period. Not sure all states have this provision. Who really wants to be the tird; the dealer or the customer? Think, who has the most money to spend?

Good lesson learned hopefully. Are you a buyer or not? Don't waste your time pulling a sales associates strings. We're all commission sales folks. Truthfully, I don't need practice doing paperwork..

Jakes Dad
Old 01-22-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They havent even found him a car yet. He wants to buy but doesnt want to be racked over the coals lol. His credit is not the best and this place can get about anyone financed.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darracq
They havent even found him a car yet. He wants to buy but doesnt want to be racked over the coals lol. His credit is not the best and this place can get about anyone financed.
Why in the hell do you put money down on a car that hasn't been found? and obviously hasn't been seen.

I'd put a stop payment on that check if I read that earlier. If they didn't cash it already they will come to whoevers buying and ask for money or theres no sale. Just don't write another check and don't give them any money---deal gone.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sometimes you're screwed though. I work for a bank that does subprime auto financing, and in our contracts there's a clause in bold print that states "No cooling-off period" and it explicitly says you cannot cancel the contract just because you change your mind. You need to look at the contract for this info.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

In the majority of states, it's not your car untill you drive it off the lot after doing all the paperwork (I worked in the auto biz for quite a while). Have him cancel his deposit and move on.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There should be a buyers remorse period of 3 days i believe. If the buyer doesn't like the car or decides he doesn't want it i'm almost positive that he can turn it back in and the dealer can do nothing about it. Atleast i believe that is how it is in Ohio.