General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

bad car deal

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default bad car deal

Keeping this short, How can a guy get out of a deal on a car? Can he get out before he drives off with the car? He has already sighned papers, but is getting screwed on the deal and is not happy at all I wont get into all the details.He is waiting for delivery of car also.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to post more details. Did he buy said vehicle from a large dealership, small used car dealer, private party, etc? What documentation has already been signed? We would need to know a little more about the whole situation in general before anyone could provide any helpful info.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you've already signed papers its done. My buddy went to a Cadillac dealership and they had him sign papers and all for a brand new car. Later that day he tried to back out but it was too late, lets just say they ended up making some agreements but he got royaly f*cked.
Maybe you can find a flaw in the paper work?
But again ^^^ more info required
Old 01-21-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

It was at a big new car dealer, I am pretty sure all paper work was signed, they are getting the car from like 1000miles away, and he told them he didnt want the car is they drove it back and put all those miles on it, but he said they will get a different car if he doesnt like that one.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Possibly if the car is not in the condition it was advertised?
Possibly if it qualifies for a lemon law?
I don't know, probably need some lawyer advice.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

Has ANY money exchanged hands?,...
Old 01-21-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

A check for deposit
Old 01-21-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

Default stp payment.

stop payment if it's not to late, it's not illegal to stop payment but a bad check is !!!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

if it is a big dealer most of them have like a 48 hr or even maybe a week return in there paper work. You may need te read more into it. I bought my ss from a small placed and they hed a 6 day return policy on it.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darracq
It was at a big new car dealer, I am pretty sure all paper work was signed, they are getting the car from like 1000miles away, and he told them he didnt want the car is they drove it back and put all those miles on it, but he said they will get a different car if he doesnt like that one.

So it sounds like what the dealer did is called a dealer trade. When one dealer locates a car in another dealers inventory and trades. It cost money to do this. Why the cold feet now? Why are you asking for a friend?

Sounds like he signed a buyers order. Is he paying cash? Did he get approved for credit? Did he put money down? Is there a trade?

Pick a reason why your friend doesn't like the car. Wrong brand tires, wrong color interior etc.

A dealer can't really sell you a car until it's in thier inventory. When they find a car and drive it to the dealer it's still not in their inventory. Your friends isn't making friends but I think he she can back out.

If they are that unsure about what they are doing perhaps they shouldn't be buying.

Jakes Dad
Old 01-21-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

he told them he didnt want the car
Why? Based on all the very scarce info you have given so far, this deals has buyer's remorse written all over it and all he can do is to try and work it oout with the dealer.

Oh, and BTW, is it a LSx-powered car?
Old 01-21-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
So it sounds like what the dealer did is called a dealer trade. When one dealer locates a car in another dealers inventory and trades. It cost money to do this. Why the cold feet now? Why are you asking for a friend?

Sounds like he signed a buyers order. Is he paying cash? Did he get approved for credit? Did he put money down? Is there a trade? gave them 2 checks, yes aproved for credit, no trade

Pick a reason why your friend doesn't like the car. Wrong brand tires, wrong color interior etc. Just found out they lied and are not really even going to get a car in Ca, they just havent found one yet, General Manager told me that,

A dealer can't really sell you a car until it's in thier inventory. When they find a car and drive it to the dealer it's still not in their inventory. Your friends isn't making friends but I think he she can back out.

If they are that unsure about what they are doing perhaps they shouldn't be buying. Well he got caught up in the moment, all they showed him at the start of the deal was, new $750 a month, used 598 so ya sligtly used sounds good. Untill time to sign and they say 72 months for 598. it would of been the same on a new one for 72 months,they never told him a price but it come out to 28,000 for a used one. i know they need to make some money, and you say what you want but this is a rip off and they should be shot.

Jakes Dad
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 01-21-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

yeah i agree more details needed. and i did think they offered a return within like 48 hours.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

What happened?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Why? Based on all the very scarce info you have given so far, this deals has buyer's remorse written all over it and all he can do is to try and work it oout with the dealer.

Oh, and BTW, is it a LSx-powered car?
Read post #4.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Banned

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I first was going to ignore your comment. Then, I saw someone else thought my information was too detailed.

Thats funny because most of those replying make a comment about not having enough information to form an opinion. Yet you drifted off reading my post.

Being in the business, auto sales, zoom zoom you might not know that. I thought I could help. Yet, all state auto sales laws differ, so I got a little long.

I'll bet you're young and everything needs to be quick in your life to satisfy you. Let me tell you something. Doing things slowly is sometimes more satisfying for others, but I won't go into details. I have 5 children. Don't always think of yourself. In my opinion, you added nothing to this thread. But hell thats ok you perhaps don't know anything.

If you want to continue this conversation, stand-up and post me. I'll listen to your views - thanks

Jakes Dad
Old 01-22-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
I first was going to ignore your comment. Then, I saw someone else thought my information was too detailed.

Thats funny because most of those replying make a comment about not having enough information to form an opinion. Yet you drifted off reading my post.

Being in the business, auto sales, zoom zoom you might not know that. I thought I could help. Yet, all state auto sales laws differ, so I got a little long.

I'll bet you're young and everything needs to be quick in your life to satisfy you. Let me tell you something. Doing things slowly is sometimes more satisfying for others, but I won't go into details. I have 5 children. Don't always think of yourself. In my opinion, you added nothing to this thread. But hell thats ok you perhaps don't know anything.

If you want to continue this conversation, stand-up and post me. I'll listen to your views - thanks

Jakes Dad

The zzzzzzzzzzz wasnt supposted to mean i was board, i just hit a letter because it said didnt post enough letter s in the thread. I am 42 by the way, i under stand people need to make money but why try to take them for every dime they have.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Any my kid spilled pop on my key board so its hard to type.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok while i am at it. He has been talking to another dealers and they told him, take your money and run, they are a very shady dealer. He said they have no binding contrack becasue there is no vin number or anything on what is being sold.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depending on where and who he bought the car from, you have "X" amount of days to return it. Florida Dealerships I want to say is 36 to 48 hours. Best of luck to you.