General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Question about guages

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about guages

So my car has a large tach oil pressure boost(non functional....yet) and air fuel gauge they were all working fine until i put some speakers in my car this weekend. they all still light up and glow just fine but other than that they don't work, the tach doesn't move the oil pressure doesn't register and the air fuel ratio does nothing. Any ideas as to what this could be? i didn't hook the gauges up myself so im not sure where to look. i had the pcm out do any of the gauges plug into that?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Any one?
Old 02-03-2009, 07:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will have to trace the signal wires. Coil wire for the tach and the signal wire for the oil pressure, and so on. I think most people go stariaght to the PCM for the coil and most likely for the oil pressure as well. Some amy put in there on sender on top of the oil filter housing.
If you had a volt meter you could check and see if your gauges are getting any kind of signal. That would help you out the most first.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

there is a yellow wire that hangs down a little bit with the car on move the wire around and they will work it pissed me off to every other day they would work then not it is just a band connection i never got around to replacing.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ericdm
there is a yellow wire that hangs down a little bit with the car on move the wire around and they will work it pissed me off to every other day they would work then not it is just a band connection i never got around to replacing.
Thanks! I replaced the fuse box and added a fuse just for the gauges, everything works perfectly now