General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What direction should I take with my build?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 561 Likes on 445 Posts

Default What direction should I take with my build?

I've got a '98 Formula M6 with the mods I have listed in my sig. Plans this spring/summer are an S60 or 12 bolt and an OZ700 clutch. My problem is, I love having a manual trans but hate the fact that my car is almost a second slower in the 1/4 than a A4. With 117 MPH trap speeds, my car should be in the mid 11's. Probably 90% of my ET loss is in my 60' time. I know the rear and clutch will help, since I'll be able to launch at a higher RPM without blowing the 10 bolt apart, but what I'm debating is whether to make the car more drag oriented. Swap the wheels and tires I have now for big n' littles, add drag springs and shocks, remove the swaybar and the A/C system (it's not working anyway). I know those things should help it 60' better, but I don't know if I want to make the car look and feel that race oriented. I've had cars like that in the past and I don't mind the loss of drivability, but when I'm only shooting for mid 11's on motor and eventually high 10's on spray, I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. I've seen some guys running 9's on 17" drag radials and fairly stock suspensions, so I know it can be done. What way should I go?
Old 02-19-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would wait and see how it runs with the new rearend and clutch before you totally make it into a single purpose car. JMO