General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I want to take my car to the next level.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to take my car to the next level.

Hey whats up guys? Ive already owned three fbodies and none of my mods ever went past some bolt ons. I love ripping cars built now a days with my 9 year old LS1, but everytime I see a video of some sick *** LS1 destroying a "super" car it makes me drool. Im putting in some LT headers next month, after that Im so lost on what to do. Im thinking Procharging (D1SC), Heads and cams, or my current set up and throw nitrous on there. Though the D1SC option is by far the most expensive will it really give me much more power then a H/C swap? I know theres a bunch of threads related to this but I want to hear from people who currently have such mods on their cars right now. My budget isnt really limited currently, car will be driven daily as well for a while after the mods are done. 45k miles on the Odometer currently, also whats more harmful in the long haul to the bottom end?
Old 02-25-2009, 07:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
Hey whats up guys? Ive already owned three fbodies and none of my mods ever went past some bolt ons. I love ripping cars built now a days with my 9 year old LS1, but everytime I see a video of some sick *** LS1 destroying a "super" car it makes me drool. Im putting in some LT headers next month, after that Im so lost on what to do. Im thinking Procharging (D1SC), Heads and cams, or my current set up and throw nitrous on there. Though the D1SC option is by far the most expensive will it really give me much more power then a H/C swap? I know theres a bunch of threads related to this but I want to hear from people who currently have such mods on their cars right now. My budget isnt really limited currently, car will be driven daily as well for a while after the mods are done. 45k miles on the Odometer currently, also whats more harmful in the long haul to the bottom end?
wEll if your going for just beating supercars do head and cams do the best combo you can and maybe you will be in the low 11 which is where most supercars are. As for the supercharger idk its better to have forged internals for that or get a iron 408 in there for safety. Heads and cams should be your next step if your not thinking about swapping the engine. After that get a built tranny i would recommend a th400 unfortunately it has no overdrive but if its going to be a weekend car it wont really matter.

Last but not Least should be done right after the heads you need a 12 bolt rear end trust me. The hard launches are going to kill that 10 bolt. Get drag radials after the 12 bolt u are going to annihalate everything in site
Old 02-25-2009, 08:22 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah I forgot to mention I was getting a 12 bolt in there first, Ive heard of bolt on LS1's breaking the 10 bolt lol. Ive been leaning towards the HC swap over the other two choices. Something about having an NA firebreathing dragon under my hood is so much more appealing.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:08 AM
TECH Junkie

boost is more expensive, but tends to make a tamer driving car for a given power level.

450rwhp is not very hard with boost, and will drive very smooth and should idle perfect.

450rwhp is not terribly hard with h/c but will be louder, rougher idle and just a bit less driver friendly.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by teke184
boost is more expensive, but tends to make a tamer driving car for a given power level.

450rwhp is not very hard with boost, and will drive very smooth and should idle perfect.

450rwhp is not terribly hard with h/c but will be louder, rougher idle and just a bit less driver friendly.
I'm gonna agree for the most part here.

OP if you decide to go with a ProCharger make sure you have a big budget for everything needed to do it right.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok first two posters there is only one cam. Not cams.

If your budget isn't limited go H/C/I, D1SC. That should put you up with the bigboys.
You will probably get the supercars in a dragrace, but topend they are very hard to beat.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

200 wet shot till the motor lets go, then scrap it.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:49 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Small budget equals stay away from forced induction. I don't even want to tell you how much money I wasted on my piece of ****. Wouldn't do it again with any car. Ever...
Old 02-26-2009, 02:07 AM
TECH Regular

Well Im not a millionaire, D1SC is what 6500k plus eerything else seems kinda steep. Are there any reliability issues to worry about with a h/c swap? I know its putting more stress over all but anything I should worry about that might happen soon after the installation?
Old 02-26-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Well you wont be destroying "supercars" w/ just h/c or or just the blower...and stock block fbodys and blowers your eventually asking for trouble...so I would say build a bullitproof lsx block w/ some fi and you'll be good to go.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Regular

I dont expect my 9 year old LS1 to be running with a brand new top of the line Lamborghinni but Id really like to put up a fight with some of the faster foreign cars. Theres plenty of them rolling around south fl so Id have a nice availability of prey
Old 02-26-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
I dont expect my 9 year old LS1 to be running with a brand new top of the line Lamborghinni but Id really like to put up a fight with some of the faster foreign cars. Theres plenty of them rolling around south fl so Id have a nice availability of prey
Well aware use to live in Deerfield Bch ....I would just go w/ a good heads cam set up...should put you somewhere in the 11's.