General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Handycapped Grudge Races

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handycapped Grudge Races

Me and my father were talking today and the conversation turned to street racing. He was telling me about how he used to handycap races by giving car lengths. I said at the track they should let you use the tree to handycap races. my idea was that you should be able to tell the tree operator that the car in the left lane is going to get a 1/2 second (or whatever the agreed upon time maybe) headstart, something like bracket racing except without dial ins.

I have been to the track plenty of times and i have never seen this done. I was wondering if it is possible or have you guys ever done it before. I think with the push to keep racing on the track this would help entice some of the street racing guys to the track. Tell me what you think.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That honestly isn't a bad idea. It may attract some of the more ''hardcore" street racers. I've never seen it implemented though.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

i think it would be great for the street racers....i would say "hey guys my SS only runs a 14 flat, i need a few lengths"
Old 03-21-2009, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

I have seen tracks us a delayed light for some bracket racing....not sure how good it would work for "lengths" though.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

It is done every day for bracket racing..
Old 03-21-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tyler valo
I have seen tracks us a delayed light for some bracket racing....not sure how good it would work for "lengths" though.
thats the problem i think alot of street racers would have, trying to equate seconds to lengths. the way i figure it instead of thinking lengths at all you just base it off of your ET which is a known, and a educated guess at the other guys ET which is the unknown.

So if my car runs a 11.00 and i see a car run i think he runs about a 12.30 I would be comfortable giving him a 0.75 seconds of a headstart and still be able to win comfortably.

I think the only issue would be getting the authorities at the track to adjust the lights for every grudge/match race that comes up. maybe when you go to the track they could charge an extra 5 dollars for registering your car to race if you plan on racing like this.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

this would be a great solution to civics always loosing