General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Hennsey motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009 | 08:17 PM
12 Second Club

From: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area
Default Hennsey motorsports

I am thinking of having them build the C6 ZO6 that I am going to buy. I am wanting 700rwhp. I talked to them and discussed my direction I want for it and we came up with a Procharger along with some other goodies aside from a new cam or different heads. But its an option. I would like to get atleast 700 and up to 750. The prices didnt seem that bad for all the work, tunning and parts. But I was thinking about an upgraded Transmission but didnt know if a stock one can handle it or if the rear needed to be upgraded. It will go to the track some but more so a daily driver or driven on the streets more than track by far. After talking to a few people the warned me about HENNSEY and the things that they have done before int the past. So bottom line within the last few years has anyone had any issues with them. I dont want this to be a bash them thread... Okay. ALL THE threads I found Negative about them where from 01 so 8yrs ago and they might and probley have changed since then. AGAIN I just want to know about the last 4yrs at most of any issues anyone has had. Thank you
Old 05-03-2009 | 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would just have it done at a smaller shop. You won't have a problem with Henessey but you could probably have it done cheaper somewhere else.

If all you were getting is the pro charger, you could install it yourself and send it to a small shop to have it tuned for a few hundred bucks.
Old 05-03-2009 | 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

From: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

The last time I went through a shop to buy parts the went under on me and I lost 5k and didnt get the heads I paid for on my motor. Granted big shops can go under as well and do shaddy stuff yet for the bigger shops more to go after Legally if they go under.
Old 05-04-2009 | 09:52 AM
Launching!

Personally, I have to agree with finding a smaller, reputable shop (there are quite a few of them). Nothing against Hennessey, but I've always found them to be quite a bit overpriced. Just my .02