General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Thinking about muffling or doing something with my exhaust...input wanted

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about muffling or doing something with my exhaust...input wanted

I am currently thinking about muffling or doing something with my exhaust set-up as the title says. The car is an 01 T/A WS6 and it has an MS3 cam, Pacesetter LT's, Pacesetter ORY, and SLP Loudmouth with no resonator....needless to say the car is LOUD. I mean VERY VERY LOUD. I love it being loud, however I really think the car is starting to irritate people around my town, also I keep hearing different stories about police around here stopping car and ticketing unmuffled vehicles. Plus I am starting to get questioned at the track to weather im muffled or not.

Now I still want the car to be LOUD, just maybe toned down a bit. The car as it sits now has no cats, no mufflers, or no resonator...straight pipe all the way back. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to a set-up I might be interested in. I still want the car to have its mean lumpy idle and want it to roar, however just a BIT more civil. If a cop looks under he sees a muffler you know that type of thing. Any input is appreciated!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adjustable borla with DMH electronic cut out. Gives you the nosie thur the muffler when you need to be quiet and then open the cut out to be noisy. Great thing about this set up is that all the exhaust gases are out the tail pipe and not under the car. Very neat set up. One side of the car is muffler- driver side then open the cut out and the nosie comes out the passenger side.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:36 AM
12 Second Club

Im not sure if I really want to change my whole cat-back though...just maybe throw in a muffler...
Old 05-08-2009, 08:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

SLP LM II Muffler or Dynomax tubular muffler... that should take it down a few decibels. Pypes has a new muffler but they state that it is aggressive.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

I think I may go that route or somewhat similar ^. I still want the car LOUD, but atleast if im questioned I am muffled.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ive had that dyno bullet on 3 of my ls1. there great very cheap, like 32$ and make the car sound awsome with H/C
Old 05-08-2009, 09:16 AM
On The Tree

sry to hijack your thread...but, do they sell a bullet style muffler that can considerably quiet down my car? I gotta LM2 on it, but i want it quieter.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
ive had that dyno bullet on 3 of my ls1. there great very cheap, like 32$ and make the car sound awsome with H/C
Thats sounds like exactly what im looking for.