General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

2010 Camaro is HUGE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sunroof takes out about 2" of headroom. The 5th gen fits me FAR better than the 4th gen ever thought of. Im 6'5.5" and its an rough time.

Regardless, the 5th gen is a FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR better car than ANY 4th gen can even think about. /thread
Old 05-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Teching In

yea true i wont be the liar to say i wouldnt trade my ss for a new one. they do look ******* good. cant argue that. oh and the ls3 helps too!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:14 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bballr4567
Regardless, the 5th gen is a FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR better car than ANY 4th gen can even think about. /thread
It had damn well better be. They had 6 years of no F-body production while they worked on it. If it wasn't a "FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR better car" in at least some respects, Chevy should close it's doors tomorrow because they are going in reverse.

The 4th gen was way better than the 3rd gen in a hell of a lot of ways and Chevy had no break in production. I don't understand why your point is even worth mentioning. It's a baseline requirement that the new generation be better than the one it replaces.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
That definitely does not sound even remotely accurate, that's for sure.

Given the supply is far greater than the demand, as evidenced by the close to MSRP pricing.
Close to MSRP pricing because that is how GM wants it, to sell more. However, if you want higher, there are some dealers around that are charging 5-10K above sticker
Old 05-19-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TWS
It had damn well better be. They had 6 years of no F-body production while they worked on it. If it wasn't a "FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR better car" in at least some respects, Chevy should close it's doors tomorrow because they are going in reverse.

The 4th gen was way better than the 3rd gen in a hell of a lot of ways and Chevy had no break in production. I don't understand why your point is even worth mentioning. It's a baseline requirement that the new generation be better than the one it replaces.
Was the 3rd gen better than the 2nd?? Hell no.

Its worth mentioning because so many people are bitching about it and saying they are going to keep their 4th gen because blah, blah, blah. Well, then dont complain about it if you arent going to purchase it. There are other cars out there.

Plus, they worked on it for about 2 and a half years. Pretty fast to come up with a completely new car.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its worth mentioning because so many people are bitching about it and saying they are going to keep their 4th gen because blah, blah, blah. Well, then dont complain about it if you arent going to purchase it. There are other cars out there.

Plus, they worked on it for about 2 and a half years. Pretty fast to come up with a completely new car.
I completly agree on the your first stament, but ai am disagreeinf with you on your second statement. Not really a new car. Re skinned car is more like it.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I disagree with you both. It isn't completely new, but it isn't just reskinned either. They did modify the platform
Old 05-19-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

IMO the third was better then the 2nd gens. I'm going to keep my 4th Gen because I don't like the weight of the new Camaro and use this one as a hot street/strip car and buy a C6 for a crusing car.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chrome355z
IMO the third was better then the 2nd gens. I'm going to keep my 4th Gen because I don't like the weight of the new Camaro and use this one as a hot street/strip car and buy a C6 for a crusing car.
Exactly. How many people turned their brand new 4th gen into a strip car? Not too many. They waited until it was paid off and then had some fun with it. How many people are going to be doing heads and cam when they are paying $500 a month payments. Im gonna guess not too many as well.

4th gens have their place and a lot of people use them to get into a great engine that has a so-so body and chassis wrapped around it. I mean the chassis hasnt effectively changed since 1982!!

When the 4th gen was stock the best you could get on the skidpad was around .86g. What does the 5th gen pull? .92g. Now, that can be the tires but more likely its a modern suspension that allows to car to be bearable by the majority of people that are going to buy it.

I know its not a whole new car but everything you can effectively see is brand new. Im glad they didnt make a GM Challenger. Where every part on the interior is straight from the parts bin.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Teching In

ya gotta love these cars
Old 05-20-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I used to think the 4th gens looked huge @ first. Then they grew on me. This one may look huge, but Im sure it will grow on everyone that it puts off.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Launching!

I loved the look of the 4th gen from day one, Although I think the 69 is the best, but I don't like this new one. I saw one from behind on the street the other day and it looked like a chick with no ***. Maybe it will grow on me. I was hoping for something more retro like the mustang and challanger.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Teching In

They do look tough. I'll give them credit there. It has decent lines for an attempt at the retro styling. but it's still a pig.

I mean seriously the V6 has 304 hp and I watched one pull off a 15.36? jeez, I have 240 hp and pulled off a mid 14 on the worst drag gear ratio imaginable(2.59:1)!

That right there says Gm wasn't thinking with their dipstick on the performance if you know what I mean.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Platinum 2k9
They do look tough. I'll give them credit there. It has decent lines for an attempt at the retro styling. but it's still a pig.

I mean seriously the V6 has 304 hp and I watched one pull off a 15.36? jeez, I have 240 hp and pulled off a mid 14 on the worst drag gear ratio imaginable(2.59:1)!

That right there says Gm wasn't thinking with their dipstick on the performance if you know what I mean.
1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 14.2 @ 98.9
That is what Edmunds run. They are just about the worst at driving any car so if someone puled a 15.36 then they didnt run at full bore.

Plus, what did LT1 cars run?? Or anybody remember the 350 and 305 3rd gens??
Old 05-26-2009, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

Wow... a lot of whining in this thread. Personally I could never give up my 4th gen T/A for a new Camaro. I would just have to get both of them somehow. Luckily for me, my father is planning on buying one so I get the best of both worlds.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by brians91formula
Wow... a lot of whining in this thread. Personally I could never give up my 4th gen T/A for a new Camaro. I would just have to get both of them somehow. Luckily for me, my father is planning on buying one so I get the best of both worlds.
yea no doubt.