General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Got a few ?'s about plugs and wires

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a few ?'s about plugs and wires

I'm doing headers and my buddy suggested while we got them off to do plugs and wires. I was looking at getting Taylor Pro race 409 10.4mm... any comments /experience with them? And as far as plugs do I even need to change them and my buddy also suggested ACdelco iridiums. Any help is greatly appreciated. My car specs are in sig and has 50,000 miles. Oh and I will eventually do coils.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would definitely change plugs and wires while you are there. As far as wires go I have no ecperience with those particular wires. Most people on this site who use aftermarket wires use the MSD. I also use those and they work great. I am not saying that the Taylor wires are not good but most people have to use MSD for a reason and besides one of LS1tech sponsors have a good price on them as well. And for plugs if you have no plans to go N2O or forced induction. I say any OEM replacement plug will be fine,and again most everyone on here uses NGK TR55 that have a similiar setup as you. Hope this helps.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm 99BlancoSS. hes a sponsor who sells MSD wires and either NGK tr55's or tr6's as a package deal for a good price.

you will find that many ppl on this site use MSD wires and TR55's including myself.

Quick Reply: Got a few ?'s about plugs and wires