General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Insurance adjusters or anyone who totaled in Fbod, advice please...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Insurance adjusters or anyone who totaled in Fbod, advice please...

A picture is worth 1000 words. But I don't have a thousand, just a story.

I was coming out of Food Lion (pictured) just getting off work, my friend pulled out right, right behind another car, I suppose her car was behind those 2 cars, hiding her and the bright part of her headlights, so I couldn't see. I was going straight across the street and she hit me, tore off my front bumper and busted my radiator. She landed in a ditch and her airbags deployed. Her car didn't look too bad, aside from the fact it was in a ditch. My car didn't start, and no lights turned on, no power at all. I think the frame might be bent, but I'm not sure. My car was hit hard enough to spin it 90 degrees. It stopped as pictured.

I want to know if my car will be totaled or not. If it is totaled, would it be worth it to buy it back and part it out? Car is a 2001 Z28.

How much do you think my insurance will go up? (I was at fault) If it helps, I'm 19.

I realize I can't be given specifics or anything, but a general "I think" is good enough.

Please do not reply with "OMG, idiot kid" or something. I wasn't being stupid, I was trying to come home from work and go to bed.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not sure if they're going to total it out or what, but I can tell you that the insurance adjusters around my way are FUCKTARDS. I can talk **** about these jag offs all day, but I'd have a book on my hands. I can tell you they will probably **** you over in the end. They will want to spend as least as they can for your car to get fixed if they don't down right total it. Your insurance shouldn't go up too much. I do have Geico and it went up about 20 bucks a month. I got into an accident (technically my fault but he pulled a stop and go on me).

This jag off in an SUV cut me off and slammed on his brakes. So I hit the guy going about 5-7 mph. He doesn't say **** to me after I ask if he was okay and everything, EVEN THOUGH he pulled a giant dick move. I should have knocked him the **** out. But alas, he didn't say dick to me and called for an ambulance himself. May he have been hurt? Could be. Do I think truthfully that he was? **** no. So I may be an unsympathetic ****.. oh well. I think it was all a scam to get some insurance money. Regardless, I now pay $20 more a month and my front end will never be the same.

It would take some time to part it out and sell it all. You might be able to do it here, but I personally don't think it could be worth it. Again, just MY opinion and what I think. So get some more before you choose. I wish you good luck and sorry for the long *** rant. Hope this helps.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
I'm not sure if they're going to total it out or what, but I can tell you that the insurance adjusters around my way are FUCKTARDS. I can talk **** about these jag offs all day, but I'd have a book on my hands. I can tell you they will probably **** you over in the end. They will want to spend as least as they can for your car to get fixed if they don't down right total it. Your insurance shouldn't go up too much. I do have Geico and it went up about 20 bucks a month. I got into an accident (technically my fault but he pulled a stop and go on me).

This jag off in an SUV cut me off and slammed on his brakes. So I hit the guy going about 5-7 mph. He doesn't say **** to me after I ask if he was okay and everything, EVEN THOUGH he pulled a giant dick move. I should have knocked him the **** out. But alas, he didn't say dick to me and called for an ambulance himself. May he have been hurt? Could be. Do I think truthfully that he was? **** no. So I may be an unsympathetic ****.. oh well. I think it was all a scam to get some insurance money. Regardless, I now pay $20 more a month and my front end will never be the same.

It would take some time to part it out and sell it all. You might be able to do it here, but I personally don't think it could be worth it. Again, just MY opinion and what I think. So get some more before you choose. I wish you good luck and sorry for the long *** rant. Hope this helps.
Nothing to be sorry about! At least it was a good story, haha. Sorry you had to be in an accident with such a fucktard, the lady I was in an accident with was very nice, but she was in shock and I think was overreacting, but she had every right to be, I'm still upset and it was 24 hours ago.

You insurance only went up 20 dollars you say? Might I ask how old you are? You must be atleast over 25 for that, because I think I'm about to get *** raped for the next 4 years for this one accident, but I hope I'm fearing the worst.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Resident

Well, I do have multiple discounts that I qualified for through Geico. I am 22 years old as well. Your insurance might go up a significant amount though. It all depends really because everyone is different. I actually called up some other companies and tried to get my stuff changed because I hated dealing with that adjuster. It just put a bad taste in my mouth. I don't plan on getting into anymore accidents, but just in case something like this ever happens again.

Oh and they ******* that supposedly was hurt, didn't show up for either court date. Mind you, they were about a month and a half apart each. Just goes to show you how much he cared. That's cool though, I knew the cop that took care of everything. The dude was pissed when he had to go pay the tow fees because he took the ambulance to the hospital.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hate to say it but I think it will be totaled out. To fix an 8 year old car is just not practical cost wise. My friend wrecked his 99 not even that bad and they totaled it and the same with another friends 2000 mustang. We asked the insurance adjuster why and he said besides the cost, if the unibody of the car is bent its much costlier and riskier to fix than a frame car so if its damaged its usually a totaled out car then and there. On the bright side buy the car back if they do total it out and give me the drivetrain... Or pull it out and build a monster out of a miata or something.
Dan-